Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has just posted their MLB 09 The Show blog, featuring Franchise Mode enhancements.

Quote:
"Hey everyone - MLB FE team here to bring you the first installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. For this entry, we’ll be talking about some of the details that have gone into the Franchise mode enhancements.

When we set out this year’s plan, one of our goals was to blow out the personnel aspects of the Franchise experience. Starting with the beginning of spring training, the rosters you will carry into spring will be those of their real-life counterpart, the long awaited 40-man rosters. Now you will have to manage your Spring Training roster a little more carefully to ensure your young players get the looks they need.

Moving on to the regular season, you will now be dealing with many of the various roster-related items all GMs have to deal with. You will be in control of designating players for assignment, waiver transactions, handling Minor League options, and managing your 40-man roster. Once in June, you will have the Amateur Draft to participate in. Along with drafting players, the Amateur Draft also includes Supplemental picks for those teams that failed to re-sign Type A or Type B free agents in the offseason."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mlblover15 @ 01/13/09 03:57 PM
ok it is like asb 05 meets the show, right down to the transaction handbook. everything that make asb 05 a great game is in the show now. all of us converts from taht series can now finally breathe easier and get off teh scea teams back lol.

they even improved upon some things that they did, and made them better, or so it reads as if. now that we have all this greatness put together and the off season has been broken down by day and not just lumped all together im thinking and hoping and praying... that since it is broken down by day now... that again.. praying here it will auto save after each day so people lilke myself that do dynastymanager it will be less stressful to get it all done and we can string it all out through out the entire off season just like in real life...

anyone have a time machine so that it can be the 29th now and then on top of that please tell all the pilots of all of my flights to just kick it into turbo gear and get me to San Diego faster than the speed of light. once there then i will need someone wiht the ability to stop time for mmmm well until the game comes out so that i can stay and play and just walk out with a first run copy of the game... then get home stip time AGAIN so that i can just play til i die...

there that is my plan

# 42 countryboy @ 01/13/09 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha!

You're right....but I'm gonna have to really be sick. I've never tapped out without being hurt or sick. Maybe just a slight 2nd degree burn to the neck and ears..that's good for 3 weeks. Should be easy enough...it's the busy season...I just won't wear my hood a couple of times. One of them is bound to light up on us!

M.K.
Knight165
now this is a man who loves the Show.

# 43 mlblover15 @ 01/13/09 04:04 PM
what is it you do MK that you have to wear a hood and have the chance of getting burned???

# 44 Blzer @ 01/13/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
anyone have a time machine so that it can be the 29th now and then on top of that please tell all the pilots of all of my flights to just kick it into turbo gear and get me to San Diego faster than the speed of light. once there then i will need someone wiht the ability to stop time for mmmm well until the game comes out so that i can stay and play and just walk out with a first run copy of the game... then get home stip time AGAIN so that i can just play til i die...

there that is my plan
Speaking of San Diego, where are you guys staying? I go there for school, so an old fashioned OS get-together wouldn't be exclusively out of your plans, now would it?

(no homo)

# 45 magoo1967 @ 01/13/09 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
what is it you do MK that you have to wear a hood and have the chance of getting burned???
He's one of New York's bravest, FDNY.

# 46 hitstreak13 @ 01/13/09 04:15 PM
Are they still going to have pricing, transportation, etc.? I understand many may not have enjoyed this, but at the same time, many others did. I hope they still have this. After all, people had the option of letting the CPU control all finances. I hope they did not get rid of this.

# 47 asu666 @ 01/13/09 04:27 PM
The blog update is great. I'm really glad to see Sony sweat the details. If we can get a new stadium financing aspect in there MLB will be in a league of its own.

# 48 mjh91 @ 01/13/09 04:28 PM
Being a "die-hard" Franchise fan, I absolutely love all of these roster additions. I seriously cannot wait these two months. It'd better come quick. I just started a fantasy draft Franchise with the Diamondbacks just to kill time for the next two months.

Thank you everyone who helped make MLB 09: The Show. This will be the best $60 I've spent in my life.

# 49 jaguar8311 @ 01/13/09 04:32 PM
sounds fantastic, if they improve the prospects/progression I will be in heaven.

# 50 ckarlic @ 01/13/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Can we each take turns smacking this guy?

SantanaClaus89 | January 13th, 2009 at 10:13 am
No thanks. I don’t pay $60 every year for the same game with one minor difference.

Anyway, I like there's going to be a handbook in the game to explain all this stuff - I know stuff like 40-man and the draft, but different free agent types and arby are going to take some time to learn.

Love the depth, though! Can't wait to hear more about the game.
LOL at santaclaus69..Good to see someone feels that same way as I do about that guy.

Anyway, loved the depth of all teh possible roster moves and the offseason. I too will need some time to learn all the meanings and details but it looks like SCEA explains what everything means and is.

Looks good so far.

# 51 htfdthewhale @ 01/13/09 05:32 PM
Does anyone know how the PS2 franchise mode will compare with the PS3 version? I might have to sell some stuff and get a ps3, ha (i am a 360 guy, so stuck out in the cold on this one). I've wanted one for some time now but my bank account continues to disagree with my intentions....fingers crossed for price drop in '09....

# 52 countryboy @ 01/13/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Somebody needs to post the vid of that kid on Christmas morning!

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
Tell us how you really feel CB.

# 53 zito75 @ 01/13/09 05:47 PM
ive been playing 08 nonstop the last couple days in anticipation of 09..its gonna be so sweet. i feel bad for all the 360 baseball fans stuck playing the 2k series.

# 54 RAZRr1275 @ 01/13/09 05:50 PM
This is some awesome stuff

# 55 cnelly4 @ 01/13/09 05:56 PM
Okay, with the Amateur draft being in June, don't you think that they had to add Single-A teams and possibly rookie teams. If they didn't, where are you supposed to put the guys that you draft. You are not going to release guys out of your minors to make room for the drafted guys.

# 56 idesign2 @ 01/13/09 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Good grief that's a lot of stuff and I appreciate all the hard work. But I sure hope there is a cpu assist for those of us that just want to play the games. I'm sure most of you want all that detail, but that's a lot of stuff to worry about outside of just playing games.
Couldn't agree more!

# 57 Skyboxer @ 01/13/09 05:59 PM
Quote:

What other baseball game?

M.K.
Knight165

While I commend other games trying for the shear competition aspect I can also state I believe I will be canceling the 2K reserve. (I pre-ordered 2K,The Show and MLB Manager)

I LOVE baseball more than anything and with what I've seen so far with The Show how could I even have time to play another game? I usually like to support all baseball developers but 2K and MLB Manager will probably have to wait. It's going to be a long wait.....

# 58 Rob_NYY @ 01/13/09 06:08 PM
All this stuff sounds ridiculously awesome!!!!

# 59 Sportsforever @ 01/13/09 07:46 PM
I have officially never been this excited for a video game in my life...this franchise stuff is what kept me from doing a franchise last year (after playing ASB, I just couldn't get into not having the waiver, 40 man rosters, arbitration, etc) and now we have all that and more.

# 60 Defel @ 01/13/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311
sounds fantastic, if they improve the prospects/progression I will be in heaven.
Yes, please.

If they continue to make draft picks major-league ready and not projects you need to nurture, then the option years/40-man rosters/Rule 5 goodness don't really matter.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.