Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the new and improved A.I.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to show you some of our new and improved A.I. for MLB 09 The Show. Realism is THE most important thing to use here on the MLB 09 The Show team. Year in and year out, with a development team that has a wealth of baseball knowledge, not only as fans of the game but development members that have actually played the game at very high levels, we dedicate ourselves to making the most realistic baseball experience possible. That being said, there were a few things about last year’s game that were a bit frustrating and not as realistic as we would have liked. As much as we would like to tackle every idea out there, we strategically have to pick and choose our battles. This year we decided to work on a little bit of everything, so today I’m going to highlight four of them."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 dtigers63 @ 01/21/09 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbravesws05
One, I said gameplay.

Two, the new animations, at least for me dont enhance the overall gameplay to a new level. Plus, i'm talking specifically about pitching and hitting.
Well it seems this is something your not going to be able to get past, that's a shame becuase I have a feeling this could be a game for the ages, but that's just my opinion.

# 182 Woodweaver @ 01/21/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
One, I said gameplay.

Two, the new animations, at least for me dont enhance the overall gameplay to a new level. Plus, i'm talking specifically about pitching and hitting.

Well, I suppose everyone has their own opinion of what "enhances gameplay". As far as the pitching/batting, there have been numerous improvements in the PS3 versions. I'm still not sure what you consider as "next gen" for these aspects other than a swing stick that is better than the one 2K did and a new pitch meter. Pretty broad definitions, and why these types of changes mean "next gen" escapes me. In any case, I certainly wouldn't say the SCEA is blatently ignoring these aspects of their game.

# 183 Skyboxer @ 01/21/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Sky, I don't understand why you are saying every year they should include new mechanics and what not. Since the 989 days, this franchise used the same old hitting mechanics where you hit X for hitting and for the last few years, they used the same pitching mechanic with the meter. Making a transition to next gen, i expected at least one notible aspect to the overall gameplay that made it feel like a brand new or at least a "next gen" baseball game created by the same developers.
Baseball is Baseball. If it works/ gives realistic results and there isn't a better way found yet to get the same results then you don't add for the sake of adding.
I hate cliches` but "If it ain't broke don't fix it" really applies here. Again this game isn't tons away from presenting a realistic game so there isn't an overhall needed. That's all I'll be adding to this discussion.

# 184 Russell_SCEA @ 01/21/09 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You've done this before, no need to do this now. The only time you pop up in this forum is to complain and try and get people to debate back and forth with you. Thats it. You're not here to discuss the game, you're not here to provide input, and you're not here to offer up valid criticism to make the game better. Your lone objective is to bitch.

Please do us a favor and leave the thread. Its obvious you're not impressed with the game and probably never will be. I distinctly recall you saying at one point that maybe 2k is the game for you. Well, seeing as how you're never satisfied with anythign the Show does, I'd say you're right.

Thanks for stopping by, now don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.

Ok so hes trolling no need for me to waste my time responding then.

# 185 PLite14 @ 01/21/09 09:38 PM
I sure hope Russell doesn't respond to that fool. This game improves by leaps and bounds each year, and he's trying to say that the SCEA guys know nothing about innovation. It boggles my mind thinking about all of the new things that have been added/improved upon for this year.

I'm pretty sure that the SCEA guys that browse the boards here want to see comments and suggestions to improve the game, not read posts from some whiner about how certain features should have been added a long time ago.

# 186 countryboy @ 01/21/09 09:54 PM
Back on the topic at hand, I am wondering since they now have fielders taking correct routes if that means that the outfielders are now in a more "normal" position instead of being so deep, thus allowing balls to get over the head and one hop the wall, etc...

I would think they'd have to have been moved in, but I couldn't tell from the vids. Anyone else with better eyesight see the outfielders being at a "normal" depth to start the play?

# 187 countryboy @ 01/21/09 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It would be really cool if they played the way they would in real life with batters. You can do it, but the CPU should do it too.
Agreed.

# 188 NAFBUC @ 01/22/09 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Back on the topic at hand, I am wondering since they now have fielders taking correct routes if that means that the outfielders are now in a more "normal" position instead of being so deep, thus allowing balls to get over the head and one hop the wall, etc...

I would think they'd have to have been moved in, but I couldn't tell from the vids. Anyone else with better eyesight see the outfielders being at a "normal" depth to start the play?
Good question Countryboy, we should find out in a few days!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.