Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the new and improved A.I.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to show you some of our new and improved A.I. for MLB 09 The Show. Realism is THE most important thing to use here on the MLB 09 The Show team. Year in and year out, with a development team that has a wealth of baseball knowledge, not only as fans of the game but development members that have actually played the game at very high levels, we dedicate ourselves to making the most realistic baseball experience possible. That being said, there were a few things about last year’s game that were a bit frustrating and not as realistic as we would have liked. As much as we would like to tackle every idea out there, we strategically have to pick and choose our battles. This year we decided to work on a little bit of everything, so today I’m going to highlight four of them."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 beau21 @ 01/20/09 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I will read it later but Eye black and Sunglasses were a must have this year !
Im a equipment editing fanatic
Also the 1/2 sleeves in addition to the 3/4 sleeves this year!

# 22 ckarlic @ 01/20/09 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Here's the article
"Also, be sure to catch a special interview of MLB 09 The Show cover athlete Dustin Pedroia on ESPN First Take live from Sony HQ tomorrow at 11:15am Eastern Time, as well as a live ESPN News segment that will air throughout the day."

Nice. Gonna set up my DVR to record that.

# 23 nathan118 @ 01/20/09 05:49 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

The changes mentioned in this blog and in the video are the REAL things a baseball game needs. Yes alternate uniforms are cool, but realistic routes that balance the game...how do the two even compare?!

New NY stadiums are cool....but this is the REAL DEAL! I can't wait to see what a realistic game of baseball the show plays now. Grounders past the 3rd baseman that can be stretched into doubles? That is GLORIOUS!

Edit: No offense to the people that want perfect pitching animations and sunglasses...but is that really the biggest thing you got out of this video? How does eye black even compare to something like realistic fielding and tags? Again, not bashing, just asking...

# 24 NAFBUC @ 01/20/09 05:50 PM
Wow.........Are you ready for some BASEBALL!

# 25 NAFBUC @ 01/20/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjl630
I didn't think I could want March to come even more, but it happened. This game is going to be sweet!!
Yes sir.......

# 26 airness007 @ 01/20/09 05:54 PM
Typical Arod @ 3rd.
But Dustin P takin' CC deep? Don't think so..

I WANT THE DEMO NOW!!! LOL

# 27 bodhiball @ 01/20/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airness007
Typical Arod @ 3rd.
But Dustin P takin' CC deep? Don't think so..

I WANT THE DEMO NOW!!! LOL

are you saying Dusty wont hit a single HR off CC this year? That cant be guaranteed, little man has some pop!

gotta root for the 5 foot guys!

# 28 Marino @ 01/20/09 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

The changes mentioned in this blog and in the video are the REAL things a baseball game needs. Yes alternate uniforms are cool, but realistic routes that balance the game...how do the two even compare?!

New NY stadiums are cool....but this is the REAL DEAL! I can't wait to see what a realistic game of baseball the show plays now. Grounders past the 3rd baseman that can be stretched into doubles? That is GLORIOUS!

Edit: No offense to the people that want perfect pitching animations and sunglasses...but is that really the biggest thing you got out of this video? How does eye black even compare to something like realistic fielding and tags? Again, not bashing, just asking...
Oh I love that they will be taking realistic routes and that the hot corner will be crazy but the sunglasses were highly wondered about.

# 29 NAFBUC @ 01/20/09 05:59 PM
Video of the outfielders and how they react to balls is sweet, very smooth and realistic approach now.

# 30 The Bimmer @ 01/20/09 06:05 PM
Spectacular is how i would describe it. I just love that lighting effect. Man that looks great.

# 31 bodhiball @ 01/20/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118

I totally get what your saying...I used to feel the same way, that things had to be "one or the other", and its certainly fun to compare things and try to make lists of who or what is better. But really, it comes down to everyone has their thing they love about baseball and about this game and its not always going to look like yours.

Just because I may be excited about the little subtleties, does not mean I dont care about gameplay. It doesnt have to be either or. Its the whole package that makes it the greatest game. And you are right....there is NO comparison, for either of the features, ever. They all equal a better game.

# 32 Rob_NYY @ 01/20/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
EYE BLACK IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Batting and pitching animations still reek but a ton of cool stuff is on the way! Wooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!
All we can do is hope and pray that not all the new ones are in yet. Soriano, Pujols, and Pedroia looked great. But the pitching motions were still very terrible looking.

I'm going to try and be optimistic and hope they didn't add the new pitching animations to this build yet.

# 33 Artman22 @ 01/20/09 06:09 PM
All i have to say is WOW!!!!

# 34 NumberOneRB @ 01/20/09 06:09 PM
Yeah, its about that time for the baseball season to start and this game to release. If the developers come on here and say they are still improving the pitching motions and that they will look even better than that then I will scream like a little school girl. The swings looked incredible for Pujols, Pedroia, and Berkman especially. When I saw Berkman up to bat I was just praying for them to get his follow-through in the game since its so unique and by gosh they did an excellent job on it. I wonder how many batter swings they were able to get into the game?

# 35 airness007 @ 01/20/09 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
are you saying Dusty wont hit a single HR off CC this year? That cant be guaranteed, little man has some pop!

gotta root for the 5 foot guys!
He may, just some yanks vs sox hatred

# 36 countryboy @ 01/20/09 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
All we can do is hope and pray that not all the new ones are in yet. Soriano, Pujols, and Pedroia looked great. But the pitching motions were still very terrible looking.

I'm going to try and be optimistic and hope they didn't add the new pitching animations to this build yet.
thats how I am Rob. Until I see the pitching motions and batting swings/stances for myself, I am going to remain optimistic.

# 37 bodhiball @ 01/20/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY

I am feeling positive. I cant imagine they did all of these improvements and left out the pitching animations...at least some updates to them.

on a sort of side note....with the INCREDIBLE way this game is looking, can you even begin to imagine what this will look like in 2010 with the new player models???

# 38 GiantKing @ 01/20/09 06:17 PM
Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere but I do not remember seeing it, but Kolbe said we will be able to edit our RTTS guy after creating him. Nice little bonus. Looking down at comment 11 in today's blog, Kolbe answered the guys question.

# 39 NAFBUC @ 01/20/09 06:18 PM
New baggy pants along with shades and eye black.

# 40 kt-od @ 01/20/09 06:20 PM
Wow the attention to detail this year!! Even the scoreboards show the away and home team logos now. Check out the Camden Yards scoreboard when they are playing the Royals, and Citizen's Bank Park when the Phillies are playing the Rays.

You will see it well when Howard knocks down the ball at first. The outfield scoreboard shows the logos. SWEET!! Awesome detail!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.