Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the new and improved A.I.

Quote:
"Today we’re going to show you some of our new and improved A.I. for MLB 09 The Show. Realism is THE most important thing to use here on the MLB 09 The Show team. Year in and year out, with a development team that has a wealth of baseball knowledge, not only as fans of the game but development members that have actually played the game at very high levels, we dedicate ourselves to making the most realistic baseball experience possible. That being said, there were a few things about last year’s game that were a bit frustrating and not as realistic as we would have liked. As much as we would like to tackle every idea out there, we strategically have to pick and choose our battles. This year we decided to work on a little bit of everything, so today I’m going to highlight four of them."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 rudyjuly2 @ 01/21/09 09:25 AM
Loving this info. The outfielder ball paths and fielder errors looked great!

# 102 PhantomPain @ 01/21/09 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Yes the fielding looks great and the lighting and the fact that pitcher vs batter looks to be more realistic pending on skill level of the players but one thing you guys are missing in these posts is that fact that.....

I actually saw an improvement to playoff atmosphere...anyone know what Im talking about?

A cookie for someone who does......Im so excited!@!!
You got me, I didn't see anything related to playoffs in that vid but I don't have a trained eye like most of you do.

# 103 nemesis04 @ 01/21/09 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
You got me, I didn't see anything related to playoffs in that vid but I don't have a trained eye like most of you do.
The only thing I saw was bunting on the walls. Could not tell if it was playoffs or opening day type stuff.

# 104 kt-od @ 01/21/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
Wastn that already in 08???at least i think it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN13NSE
Not one-arm sleeve.

They have regular long sleeves.
I thought they did have one-arm long sleeves in 08 as well. I remember playing against the BoSox and Elsbury had just a long sleeve on his left-arm.

# 105 Knight165 @ 01/21/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I thought they did have one-arm long sleeves in 08 as well. I remember playing against the BoSox and Elsbury had just a long sleeve on his left-arm.
That may have been 3/4....

M.K.
Knight165

# 106 kt-od @ 01/21/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That may have been 3/4....

M.K.
Knight165
Oh Ok. Thanks Knight. I just knew that I had saw one-sleeve on Elsbury.

# 107 S1ARk5 @ 01/21/09 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The only thing I saw was bunting on the walls. Could not tell if it was playoffs or opening day type stuff.

Ahh fellow yankee fan yes you are correct the bunting on the walls man!!!! that is great stuff!! whether it is opening day or playoffs even if it is the only thing disguishing it from the regular season games I like it. it is a step in the right direction to fixing the atmospehere in important games such as opening day, playoffs, world series..

good stuff I can not wait.

here is your cookie

# 108 jpup @ 01/21/09 09:58 AM
Quote:
Oh Ok. Thanks Knight. I just knew that I had saw one-sleeve on Elsbury.
you did and they had it last year.

# 109 countryboy @ 01/21/09 10:07 AM
the changes to the fielder's angles to the baseball in my opinion is the best improvement I've heard thus far.

Don't get me wrong, I am a franchise nut and have been bugging for a franchise mode ala ASB, but being able to see true doubles, infielder errors, going the short way, etc...topples everything else in my opinion.

Great job guys and looking forward to the next blog.

# 110 Knight165 @ 01/21/09 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the changes to the fielder's angles to the baseball in my opinion is the best improvement I've heard thus far.

Don't get me wrong, I am a franchise nut and have been bugging for a franchise mode ala ASB, but being able to see true doubles, infielder errors, going the short way, etc...topples everything else in my opinion.

Blog?..BLOG?
We don't need no stinkin' blog...

FREE '09 NOW!!!!!!
FREE '09 NOW!!!!!
FREE '09 NOW!!!!!
FREE '09 NOW!!!!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 111 brunnoce @ 01/21/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
you did and they had it last year.
exacly..
i just went checked..jeter has one arm full sleeve..
u have that option in the editor too.

# 112 brunnoce @ 01/21/09 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

i couldnt agree more man, those new AI changes are simply unreal...im excited to see how good they will make to the game in general.

# 113 Riotboy @ 01/21/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am telling you guys. Having the players with different color accessories than their teammates is huge. It really makes the game come alive! There is something about when a guy comes to bat and he has all black batting gloves and then the next batter comes up with all white batting gloves. Sure it is a little thing to some, but to me this would make the game look so much more real.
MLB The Show 08 lacked a lot of things: Next gen graphics (2K8 also did this) one model glove w/ everyone's finger out, the huge black arm guard, can't change colors of batting gloves, shin guards, wrist/forearm bands, can't wear batting gloves under fielding glove. I never really played MLB 2K8, but MLB 2K7 had these features where you could adjust the shin guards, batting glove under your fielding glove, sock length, sleeve length, etc. The only thing you couldn't adjust was the facial features.

I'm glad MLB 09 improved their graphics from the PS2 graphics of last year, but the player model shoulders seem a bit big if you ask me, which is a minor turn off for a true to life graphics junky like myself. I'll need to view a gameplay video to make sure of this. Other than that it's great improvement from last year and is winning a lot of new gamers, too bad 2K9 is still on the bench.

# 114 Motown @ 01/21/09 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotboy
MLB The Show 08 lacked a lot of things: Next gen graphics (2K8 also did this) one model glove w/ everyone's finger out, the huge black arm guard, can't change colors of batting gloves, shin guards, wrist/forearm bands, can't wear batting gloves under fielding glove. I never really played MLB 2K8, but MLB 2K7 had these features where you could adjust the shin guards, batting glove under your fielding glove, sock length, sleeve length, etc. The only thing you couldn't adjust was the facial features.

I'm glad MLB 09 improved their graphics from the PS2 graphics of last year, but the player model shoulders seem a bit big if you ask me, which is a minor turn off for a true to life graphics junky like myself. I'll need to view a gameplay video to make sure of this. Other than that it's great improvement from last year and is winning a lot of new gamers, too bad 2K9 is still on the bench.
yeah, everyone is aware of the shoulders, which will be addressed next year w/ the new models...however this little pet peeve sho the hell don't take away the fact that MLB The Show is the best baseball 'chise EVER assembled...& it gets better every year.

# 115 kt-od @ 01/21/09 10:27 AM
This might have been mentioned earlier; I didn't read through the entire thread. But they actually added batting gloves in the back pockets this year!!

I thought their attention to detail last year was awesome, but this year it looks phenomenal.

# 116 brunnoce @ 01/21/09 10:29 AM
Quote:
This might have been mentioned earlier; I didn't read through the entire thread. But they actually added batting gloves in the back pockets this year!!

I thought their attention to detail last year was awesome, but this year it looks phenomenal.
really!
that sounds great..can u tell me wich mim. of the video u can see that?

# 117 brunnoce @ 01/21/09 10:32 AM
just to clarify about the one sleeve thing beeing in 08:

# 118 nemesis04 @ 01/21/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
really!
Actually, when the video first starts with the pick off play at first. When the runner is sliding back you can see his gloves sticking out of the pocket.

# 119 brunnoce @ 01/21/09 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Actually, when the video first starts with the pick off play at first. When the runner is sliding back you can see his gloves sticking out of the pocket.
great,ill check that out right now

# 120 kt-od @ 01/21/09 10:37 AM
Quote:
really!
The very first part of the video when Howard is making the tag, check out the runner's back pockets. I also noticed it on A-rod when he misses the grounder (0:58), and on one of the double play animations (1:09).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.