Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Check out the Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshots.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BadKermit @ 01/22/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
2k8 the crowds sat 3feet apart. Even that looked horrible in 2k8. These look more like a live baseball crowd.
Exactly. Even the lower deck at Wrigley of a Cubs-Cardinals game looked sparsely-populated. Blurry or not, the crowd looks packed, and doesn't look like it's repeating the same 4 people over and over again.

# 42 areobee401 @ 01/22/09 03:47 PM
I like what I see so far and if it looks that good in motion we may be onto something.

# 43 SoxFan01605 @ 01/22/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Well idk about your eyes but i can make out that the stands a crowded and the fans dont look 2 dimensional. but i can see how not everyone can understand the fact of putting emphasis on a the cover athlete and blurring out the background...
I think we get that it's a blur effect. The point was that it's interesting one could jump to a conclusion about "great" looking crowds in a blur like that.

And I doubt that anyone saying anything about how the crowd in that pic blows The Show out of the water, has played The Show on a PS3 in Hi-def. Other than repetative fans, the crowd looks good in that game.

To each his own, though.

# 44 Blzer @ 01/22/09 03:51 PM
On a sort of side note with the shots, who do you think the Giants are playing? With the Dodgers being their rival team and all (and slightly resembling them as well as their away logo on their jersey), I would say that it is them. Though there is a slight hint of purple on their hats that would make me think otherwise.

The only other reason I would think this is the Dodgers is because the person on the bottom right hanging on the dugout railing resembles Joe Torre, almost down to the way he's watching the game.

# 45 SPTO @ 01/22/09 03:54 PM
It doesn't look bad but it's hard to tell how much they've improved until you see some video. Still, I like what I see here and perhaps this will be the start of a media blitz.

# 46 johnnyg713 @ 01/22/09 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think we get that it's a blur effect. The point was that it's interesting one could jump to a conclusion about "great" looking crowds in a blur like that.

And I doubt that anyone saying anything about how the crowd in that pic blows The Show out of the water, has played The Show on a PS3 in Hi-def. Other than repetative fans, the crowd looks good in that game.

To each his own, though.
I actually got confused with the crowd in mlb front office manager and thought those were that of the show's. which is why i jumped to the conclusion that the crowd looked so good even though they were blury. woops.

# 47 BadKermit @ 01/22/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

To each his own, though.
Your comments would probably be better received if they weren't so condescending. The crowd, though blurry, looks varied and FULL, which is something it didn't look like last year. I don't see how that's "jumping to a conclusion." I guess it's taboo to say anything good about 2K now, though.

# 48 Blzer @ 01/22/09 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCanada
Let me clarify something. When I say graphics mean nothing, I dont mean that they are unimportant.

A game that is pretty that plays like crap is crippled.

A game that is poor looking and plays well is still a good game.

Hope that helps.
Meanwhile, do you have anything of relevance to comment on in this thread solely about screen shots?

# 49 thornie @ 01/22/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
Your comments would probably be better received if they weren't so condescending. The crowd, though blurry, looks varied and FULL, which is something it didn't look like last year. I don't see how that's "jumping to a conclusion." I guess it's taboo to say anything good about 2K now, though.
Agreed 100%. Especially the bit about being varied and full. Unless there is some photoshop trickery at work, it's amazing to see everyone in the crowd wearing different colored clothing. It's a bit exaggerated and somewhat unrealistic, but I think that's being done intentionally to show off the technology at work.

Of course it could also be a 2D photoshopped blob. But after reading about the "real world" feature, I am hopeful and leaning toward the former.

# 50 johnnyg713 @ 01/22/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
You know i absolutely agree, it kind of stupid to think that maybe this year 2k9 will be a good game. How stupid of me for going on a 2k9 forum and not trying to make the game sound like its going to be a complete disaster. My bad for not complaining that we don't have a video to bitch about.

# 51 dtigers63 @ 01/22/09 04:08 PM
I know it's only 2 pictures but it got me interested.

# 52 duke776 @ 01/22/09 04:13 PM
I sort of like them and sort of don't. I also noticed that they sort of have the plastic type look. But, as long as this game runs at 60 FPS I'll try it out.

# 53 thornie @ 01/22/09 04:15 PM
By the way... I think it's been mentioned already, but the guy leaning over the dugout railing with the glasses is a dead ringer for Joe Torre.

I blew up the picture, so you can kind of make it out...

# 54 Blzer @ 01/22/09 04:19 PM
What I'm saying is that you are coming in here and saying that the beauty of in-game visuals have no appeal if the game plays like garbage. Unfortunately, we have no evidence of how the game plays, so meanwhile we can only say how the game looks at this point. I don't know where you're getting off implicating the game's potential disastrous play in a screen shot thread, especially when this is the first real bit of evidential media that we can at least judge or compare to The Show.

The first info released was just talk, these are just screen shots. Next will just be a video tease. Until we get some real gameplay footage or have this game in our hands, it will be very difficult to be able to make comments about why a game's graphics are irrelevant when compared to its core mechanics.

And it's funny that you said the last thing you said to me, because if you asked everyone around here, I would probably be the first person to actually do something like that.

# 55 Blzer @ 01/22/09 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
By the way... I think it's been mentioned already, but the guy leaning over the dugout railing with the glasses is a dead ringer for Joe Torre.

Yeah I said it, and I stand by that statement. Their uniforms still look purplish, though.

# 56 BadKermit @ 01/22/09 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie

Man, good call.

# 57 ExtremeGamer @ 01/22/09 04:31 PM
Discuss the screenshots, nothing else.

# 58 SoxFan01605 @ 01/22/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I actually got confused with the crowd in mlb front office manager and thought those were that of the show's. which is why i jumped to the conclusion that the crowd looked so good even though they were blury. woops.
It's no biggie

I was just clarifying. I thought the pics looked good overall. I payed less attention to the crowd (as it was too hard to gather enough from it, IMO) and more to the "living ballpark" type stuff like the full dugout and bullpen.

Not that I could tell anything about the overall quality from that either...lol...but I like the fact that they were there. hopefully we'll see this game in motion soon and see how all of this stuff works together.

# 59 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 01/22/09 04:37 PM
Why is Lincecum's mouth wide open? Is he yawning?

# 60 wrigleyville33 @ 01/22/09 04:37 PM
The pants look like something a barbie wears in a magazine. Again it looks cartoony to me. The jersey as well lacks depth. The aa is awful as well. Anyone selling their ps3?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.