Home
News Post

It seems as if almost everyone important is on Twitter, except Operation Sports that is. Of course, starting today just about everyone important is now on Twitter since Operation Sports has decided to join the age and create a twitter account.

If you want to get Tweets anytime we update the front page here at OS, be sure to add OperationSports on Twitter (our username).

If you have been living underneath a rock and are not quite sure what Twitter is, it is basically the newest hot social network. Twitter does one thing, it asks you "What are you doing" and asks you to give a response (aka a Tweet) in 140 characters or less.

This concept has struck a chord with millions of users so far since you can use a mobile device, a computer, and just about everything else imaginable to Tweet. So be sure to add OperationSports to stay plugged into what is going on around here!

OS Twitter Name:
operationsports

Member Comments
# 1 SPTO @ 01/25/09 03:36 PM
So that's what Twitter is

Man in 5 years I can see us all having a high end PC in our brains.

# 2 JohnDoe8865 @ 01/25/09 04:13 PM
Have never used Twitter, wasn't even sure what it was. I guess i've been under a rock, LOL.

# 3 Marino @ 01/25/09 04:53 PM
Don't worry JonDoe, I must have been under that same rock.

# 4 RAZRr1275 @ 01/25/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
Don't worry JonDoe, I must have been under that same rock.
Same here

# 5 superjames1992 @ 01/25/09 05:26 PM
I know what Twitter is, but I simply have no interest in using it. I just don't see the point.

# 6 jmik58 @ 01/25/09 09:29 PM
I always felt that "status messages" on IM programs like MSN, AIM, etc. were some of the most rediculous things around. Why sign in to a messaging service if you are going to be "away", etc. So you can imagine how Twitter appeals to myself on a personal level.

I like twitter's purpose for tracking a product or news from a place like OS, but I could care less what Eli Manning is having for breakfast.

# 7 mgoblue @ 01/25/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I know what Twitter is, but I simply have no interest in using it. I just don't see the point.
I don't either... Some social networking things have promise (I'm sure some Facebook apps could make a bundle), but I just don't see either the personal or commercial benefit from Twitter...

The guys at Penny Arcade have said it best IMO:

I'm not hating on OS getting involved, I just personally think Twitter is completely stupid.

# 8 Mo @ 01/25/09 11:21 PM
Im just waiting for OS to get a facebook page.

# 9 pfunk880 @ 01/26/09 12:16 AM
I hate Twitter with a passion.

# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 01/26/09 08:34 AM
I'd never heard of Twitter. I'm not on facebook either. Consider me living under a rock.

# 11 CaptainZombie @ 01/26/09 03:51 PM
I have read some Twitter postings, and I don't know if I really like this thing much.

# 12 ZM Punk @ 01/26/09 06:29 PM
First time I've ever heard of Twitter, and apparently I'm not missing much.

# 13 Chaos81 @ 01/26/09 06:30 PM
I've heard of it, just never quite understood the point.

# 14 Jgainsey @ 01/26/09 10:00 PM
Hmm... never heard of this before. You just say what you're doing and read what everyone else is doing... I'm not sure if I get it. Am I supposed to care what anyone else is doing? And for that matter, shouldn't everyone's response be somethings along the lines of, "posting on twitter"?

# 15 J-Unit40 @ 01/26/09 10:17 PM
Twitter is lame (never heard of it before, LOL). Seriously, I am already addicted to OS. That's enough right now. Eff Facebook and all that other non-sense.

I only have time for OS in my "free time" damnit!

# 16 The GIGGAS @ 01/27/09 09:33 AM
I kinda like Twitter... it's like the Facebook status by itself.

# 17 RaychelSnr @ 01/27/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I kinda like Twitter... it's like the Facebook status by itself.
But yet can be both with the Twitter app on FB!

# 18 The GIGGAS @ 01/27/09 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
But yet can be both with the Twitter app on FB!
Yes. It can.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.