Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL

Wow. Just 3 more days until the NFL season officially ends. To all of us that typically triggers a long lasting bout of sports-related depression that doesn’t subside until a few weeks before the NFL draft, we here on the Madden team are trying to make the best of this opportunity by starting to release information about next year’s game, officially titled Madden NFL 10.

We have a big team full of incredibly smart and talented people working on Madden NFL 10, but I wanted to take the time out to introduce a few more people that everyone will get to know over the coming year. We will primarily be the members of the team communicating outwards with the community. There are a lot of new faces on the team for this year’s game, but luckily I think many of you may know these folks already:

Phil Frazier (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/8207621)
Phil “Fillycheze” Frazier is the Senior Producer of the team – “The Don” if you will. Phil has worked on countless versions of Madden in a production capacity, including pretty much every single one on PS2/Xbox/NGC consoles. Phil took over Madden 09 last year very late in the cycle, so (like me) he is quite stoked to have a full product year take place under his direction.

Josh Looman (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/10842560)
I’m extremely happy to present the news that Josh Looman has also just recently joined the team. Josh was the lead designer for NFL Head Coach 09, a game that will go down in history as one of the deepest and most realistic football games ever. Josh is helping out all across the game, but will primarily focus on Franchise mode. You won’t find many more people with the attention to detail that this guy has.

Donny Moore (http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/10843815):
“Commish Don” was Josh’s partner in crime on NFL Head Coach, and along with Josh, Donny is going to work on Franchise mode. Donny worked on the rosters for NCAA & Madden for quite a long time until Head Coach started up. He’s also the resident EA Sports fantasy guru, so look around for “commishdon” on the EA fantasy site for his expert advice during the 2008 season (feel free to call him out on his predictions that went wrong).

At the start of the year when we all joined the team, we all got in a room and immediately came to a unanimous decision on what Madden NFL 10 was going to be all about. You saw it in the title of the post, but I’ll say it again: “Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL”. “What does that mean?” you may ask…well it means that we have one goal, and that is to make an NFL football game that is as true to life as possible.

We aren’t about gimmicks; we aren’t about fluff; we aren’t about catering to glitchers or cheaters. We’re focused on emulating what you as an NFL fan are used to seeing on TV, and what many of you players and coaches have seen on the field. For every single update we provide you with throughout this year, feel free to call us out if anything doesn’t stand up to our new mantra.

Since we are mostly new to the team, a big goal of ours was to shake things up and we’re hoping to create a lot of “firsts” for Madden’s history this year:
1. We will be talking directly about features in the game about 4 months earlier than normal.
2. We will be releasing information on a very regular basis this year (looking at once a week as soon as we get things rolling).
3. We will talk about brand new tech that has been implemented before features have even been built around it, and take community feedback to choose what features we actually build.
4. We will be directly communicating on the forums throughout the development cycle, and also making changes in the game based directly on feedback gathered from the posts.

So the big question…”When does the real info start dropping?”

Check back here at Halftime of the Super Bowl for the first real bit of news regarding what is going into Madden NFL 10.

Your pals,
- Ian Cummings & the rest of the Madden team

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Tyrant8RDFL @ 01/29/09 06:34 PM
Thxs Ian for the Great News.

I have not bought a Madden game for the next gen system yet, and if you say this Madden is heading to be a Sim football game, well this may be the 1st madden im going to buy.

I want to wish your team the best in making madden 10. This will make so many people happy if madden 10 turns out solid.

See you at halftime.

# 62 jmurphy31 @ 01/29/09 06:35 PM
Are handwarmers and towels really that important.

# 63 roadman @ 01/29/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
eh, dont tell me, show me. Proof is in the actual game. considering this is the only NFL game, i hope they can make a simulation game for the hardcores, i have serious doubt due to their past, but again, this isnt anything new to the millions that have been dissapointed in the past. Again, show me.
There isn't a thing anyone can do with the past.

There is hope for the future, though. It's a new team. Maybe you didn't read where Ian said recently he feels the casual fans won't have any problems with the additions of Madden for the sim players.

# 64 teebee @ 01/29/09 06:41 PM
1 more football game, finally, it's over

# 65 Stroehms @ 01/29/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Mr. EA Sports Folks - Please examine.

Your answer is much appreciated!

Lol. That's cool how you did that.

# 66 Nza @ 01/29/09 06:51 PM
J.R., that's just what Operation Sports admins associated with the game when they added it to the system, probably based on the extremely early (and volatile) confirmation that Madden would be making a return to PC with a bigger emphasis on online play. And I do stress volatile - it wouldn't be the first time EASports promised the PC userbase something and flat out failed to deliver later on.

Unless Ian was responsible for adding Madden 10 to the OS system and defining platforms, which I doubt.

# 67 RaychelSnr @ 01/29/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Mr. EA Sports Folks - Please examine.

Your answer is much appreciated!
You saw nothing

Just to let everyone know, that was more of a mistake by whoever put the game in the DB, we don't know anything more than you guys know right now, to quell any false hopes or rumors.

# 68 ProStylez @ 01/29/09 06:51 PM
Very excited about this news, for a Madden gamer that has been playing since the early days I am very happy with the direction this game is headed.
I have lost some love for this game over the past few years but I have a feeling that may change
Hopefully

# 69 TexasBorn1 @ 01/29/09 06:57 PM
I'm excited for halftime now but a little sad at what seems to be the end of NFL Headcoach

# 70 RaychelSnr @ 01/29/09 07:01 PM
The line that excites me is this one: "For every single update we provide you with throughout this year, feel free to call us out if anything doesn’t stand up to our new mantra."

Basically that gives guys like me the chance to rip an announcement that isn't to par.

I kid, I kid. Ian...seriously, if you guys pull through on this (you guys will I believe, just for the record) you are going to turn a lot of heads. I'm excited to see this whole thing unfold before our eyes...it should be an incredible time for all

# 71 Nza @ 01/29/09 07:06 PM
Regardless of the clerical error, as I stated in my first post, a quick and easy PC update would be very welcome.

If they can talk about features this early, I'm sure they can say whether or not a PC version is being made. I'm guessing no, but I'm sick of guessing every year.

# 72 tl77 @ 01/29/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Are handwarmers and towels really that important.
well, do you see these things on Sundays? then according to the new mission they should be in there. super important? probably not, but they should be in there.

# 73 g2thecore @ 01/29/09 07:09 PM
Dude that's AWESOME news!!! I really can't wait til' the superbowl now! I hope you guys deliver with that mission statement. Those are some tough words to follow through with...I can't wait to see how you go about fulfilling that.

# 74 DTown @ 01/29/09 07:33 PM
If anyone can it's these guys...

# 75 Josh_Looman @ 01/29/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Josh if you're reading this, CONGRATS on the new job! I told you where-ever your team went, no matter what the game was, I'd be there on release day with money in hand. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with Madden.

*Now see if you can sneak Dan Bekins and Chris Staymates in there too *
Thanks buddy!

Honestly...I appreciate the kind words and I'm excited about the opportunity.

Working with Donny, Ian and Phil Frazier is going to be great.

Trust me...we will get Franchise Mode back to where it needs to be. I'm making it my personal mission from now on.

Glad to join the family!

# 76 The Bimmer @ 01/29/09 07:55 PM
Thats great news! I have to admit, I have put more time into this years game than any other Madden. This is because of the IQ thing. Someone had suggested to start at 500 with the IQ and let the game adjust for about 15 games, well after about 95 games ( by far the most i have ever played) i enjoy playing the game almost everday. I think the challenge comes from trying to keep the IQ above 700. If the presentation moves foward something like 2k5 i would be happy.

# 77 Jono078 @ 01/29/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Thanks buddy!

Trust me...we will get Franchise Mode back to where it needs to be. I'm making it my personal mission from now on.

Glad to join the family!
Now that is the best thing i've read in this thread

Can't wait to see what you guys can do with franchise, especially the progression system.

Good luck and all the best with it mate!

# 78 strong safety @ 01/29/09 08:09 PM
Quite the mission statement, and coming early nonetheless! I'm very excited to see that emotion come onto the Madden team and I'm anxious to see what you guys can deliver. Start kickin butt and backing up those words!

# 79 cdon2k @ 01/29/09 08:51 PM
Wow Ian, sounds great... sorry I am late to the party, but I lost power for 3 days due to the midwest storm. It has felt like an episode of Survivor sleeping in freezing weather with no heat...

Still, I'm hyped!

# 80 g2thecore @ 01/29/09 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Thanks buddy!

Glad to join the family!
Simply the best news I've heard all week/year! I'm a HUGE Franchise Mode fan... Needless to say that I was extremely disappointed with Madden 09's Franchise Mode. Hearing you say this almost brought tears to my eyes! lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.