Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some MLB 09 The Show screenshots.

Quote:
"Throughout the recent MLB 09 The Show Community Preview Event we were given the opportunity to take screenshots using the PS3’s slick built-in feature which made it really convenient. From that I grabbed 23 screens that SCEA has been generous enough to forward back to me."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jgainsey @ 02/03/09 12:45 PM
Lookin' good!

# 2 countryboy @ 02/03/09 12:57 PM
Amazing...simply amazing

# 3 Shakedowncapo @ 02/03/09 01:01 PM
Goodness...That pic of paternity sui....I mean Chipper, is very nice.

# 4 johnnyg83 @ 02/03/09 01:01 PM
Love the reflections off of Chipper's helmet.

# 5 DeathMetal @ 02/03/09 01:05 PM
I thought the Miller Park shot was real for a second. The new lighting helps tremendously.

The faces are much more detailed and realistic as well.

# 6 Blzer @ 02/03/09 01:09 PM
Whaddup with the captures, PP? These are more edge-enhanced than The Dark Knight on Blu-ray.

Some of these shots look amazing! Look at the detail on Chipper Jones, and the lighting in the Citi Field shot! I also hope that A-Rod shot is an actual gameplay BTP cam.

# 7 pastapadre @ 02/03/09 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Some of these shots look amazing! Look at the detail on Chipper Jones, and the lighting in the Citi Field shot! I also hope that A-Rod shot is an actual gameplay BTP cam.
Yeah that one is from actual gameplay and not the replay. Grabbed it during the pitch.

# 8 Blzer @ 02/03/09 01:17 PM
Awesome man, sounds great!

# 9 Pared @ 02/03/09 01:26 PM
That is the pitcher cam, not the outfielder cam.

# 10 JeterFan02 @ 02/03/09 01:41 PM
That pic of Chipper is awesome!!!

# 11 pastapadre @ 02/03/09 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Was that timmy pitching? And if it was how is his face this year, last years kinda looked like him?
I believe that was the Orioles vs Yankees, don't remember who was on the mound maybe Guthrie. I do have a Lincecum shot I'll be putting up later this week.

# 12 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/03/09 01:58 PM
Is that Derek Lee covering 2nd base....

# 13 tree3five @ 02/03/09 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

ya must be a double cut in the OF, so the first baseman has to cover 2nd.

# 14 JermaineDye05 @ 02/03/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

Holy ****, look at the crowd in that pic. That is amazing. This game looks like it can definitely compete with 2K's graphics and have a leg-up on playability. **** I don't know if I can wait 1 more month.

# 15 Yankees94 @ 02/03/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
That is the pitcher cam, not the outfielder cam.
has the pitcher cam improved...and do the umps have various strike three animations.

# 16 Pared @ 02/03/09 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees94
has the pitcher cam improved...and do the umps have various strike three animations.
The lighting makes the camera angle look amazing this year... not sure about the various strike three calls... although I think that was already in '08.

# 17 Speedy @ 02/03/09 03:06 PM
Quote:
The lighting makes the camera angle look amazing this year... not sure about the various strike three calls... although I think that was already in '08.
These are spectacular; look at that the Mets' pic with the spotlight on the RF wall...Absolutely amazing; Chipper looks awesome; I even see the sleeves up to the elbow on the catcher on the Hamilton pic

# 18 Blzer @ 02/03/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
ya must be a double cut in the OF, so the first baseman has to cover 2nd.
Seeing the way that he's looking (and knowing Wrigley Field's dimensions), there is almost no need for a single cut, even from the ivy. Left-center and right-center are very short for stadiums, especially in relation to down the lines at Wrigley.

Plus, I doubt any baseball game has ever implemented double-cuts.

Quote:
That aside, if it's the same camera angle from the first videos (which I believe it is), it's definitely an improvement and would easily make me want to pitch from that angle.

Is there any "delay" after contact with regards to camera transitions?

# 19 tree3five @ 02/03/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Seeing the way that he's looking (and knowing Wrigley Field's dimensions), there is almost no need for a single cut, even from the ivy. Left-center and right-center are very short for stadiums, especially in relation to down the lines at Wrigley.

Plus, I doubt any baseball game has ever implemented double-cuts.
It was there last year Joker

Though they didnt use the double cut, they would still set it up and the 1st baseman would cover 2nd.

# 20 johnnyg83 @ 02/03/09 03:32 PM
I don't think it's a double cut as much as a back-up cut if the ball squirts through the first cut ... in 2008 the 2b and SS were usually bunched pretty close on a ball to the wall.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.