Home
News Post

Using NBA 2K9’s Living Rosters on the Xbox 360, I will break down LeBron and Kobe’s ratings at this point in the season. I will also compare their statistics, all-around game and ultimately crown the true king of hoops as of Feb. 4, 2009.

Read More - OS NBA 2K9 Matchup: Kobe vs. Lebron

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DC @ 02/04/09 10:32 AM
I suggest using a better roster set but I guess this is the easier way about doing it.

# 2 Bornindamecca @ 02/04/09 10:43 AM
Although his shooting percentage is down this year--

His FG and FT%s are up. His 3pt % is down slightly from last year, but slightly above his career percentage.

Other than that, good stuff. Lebron is physically superior to everyone in the NBA, which is the major advantage he has. The league still hasn't figured out how to keep him from cheesing you with his real life Turbo button. Kobe's obvious advantage is that he can kill via every possible offensive method. He can hit all the 3s, all of the FTs, dunk on guys, pass the ball and get garbage buckets to boot. Gotta put four people on him.

# 3 lasthour @ 02/04/09 11:20 AM
Good write up, but Kobe is not and never will be Jordon. Maybe Jordon like in the physical but mentally on the court if Jordon was a 10 then I would give Kobe a 7 and LBJ a 7. I think this is something that can not be gained you either have it naturally or you do not. You HATE losing in anything or you don't.

And Agent 0 is an assassin, Jordon was a "Serial Killer".

# 4 DC @ 02/04/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
Good write up, but Kobe is not and never will be Jordon. Maybe Jordon like in the physical but mentally on the court if Jordon was a 10 then I would give Kobe a 7 and LBJ a 7. I think this is something that can not be gained you either have it naturally or you do not. You HATE losing in anything or you don't.

And Agent 0 is an assassin, Jordon was a "Serial Killer".
Yea because KObe likes losing and has shown that over the years

# 5 Bornindamecca @ 02/04/09 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea because KObe likes losing and has shown that over the years
Man, you knew what this thread was going to turn into. It's just a matter of how long it would take. I'm getting my prayer book ready.

# 6 DC @ 02/04/09 12:21 PM
Yea once Jordan's name pops up then you know it is over.

# 7 Bornindamecca @ 02/04/09 12:40 PM
Man, you could compare Kobe to Drexler and all of a sudden these kids were watching the Trailblazers in the late 80s, lol. Jordan gets it done the fastest, but the Kobe obsession is out of control. It spreads to topic that don't even make sense.

I almost don't even want to mention that they reported that Kobe has the top selling jersey in the NBA right now.

Or that he's second in 60 point games behind Wilt.

It's getting to the point where you can't even say stuff like that anymore.

# 8 kartchen @ 02/04/09 02:12 PM
Well, unlike you, for now I will definitely pick LeBron. You wrote this article after Kobe's 61 impression but that probably was his best game in his entire career (for scoring efficiency, I think it was better than his 81 points effort, he got 61 with only 30 shots, and he needed 46 shots to get 81 points).
And honestly, those kobe fans says kobe can do whatever at will at this stage is non-sense. If he can scored 61 points night in and night out if he wants, I see no reason why he couldn't lead the Lakers to Champion last year? Don't blame his crew again, Lakers without Bynum still got the best and deepest supporting cast than almost anyone in the league. Kobe is certainly obsessed with winning, I will give you that, but is his mentality and ability capable to do that for his team? My answer is NO. On the other hand, I think LeBron is the type that if he wants, he can easily surpass everyone including Kobe in every basketball catalogue. He knows how to win, and he knows how to lead his team to win. He trust his teammates and he knows his teammates very well. He can score with ease if he wants, but as he often puts, his ideal stats is 20-10-10. He is not obsessed with scoring at all, yet he still averaged almost 28 ppg. His shot choices are also much better than Kobe's. (His career FG% is better than the highest FG% for Kobe in any season). Yes it is scary when you saw how Kobe dropped 61 points the other night, but don't forget he also got many 11FGM/30FGA games instead of 19FGM/FGA. In fact, one stats says LeBron only got 4 games out of 5xx games in his career that he missed 20 or more shots. Meanwhile, Kobe got 84 of such game in his 1xxx career games. Kobe is a great individual player, but he can only win when there is another 1 or 2 allstar play with him. On the contrary, LeBron pretty much can do all by himself so far. That for me, is truely amazing.

# 9 bowdown2shadi @ 02/04/09 04:25 PM
DON'T compare Kobe to Jordan. For those who have not seen this already -

And don't compare LeBron to Jordan, LeBron made his FIRST game winning jumpshot about a month ago. Until LeBron gets a automatic jumpshot, don't put him in the same sentence as Jordan. Yup, its like that.

# 10 bigboii30 @ 02/05/09 12:40 AM
I chose Kobe too, he is way more clutch than LeBron. And if I was to rate him with Jordan being a 10, Kobe is a 9. Kobe has the ability to decide what he wants when he wants it. And he plays defense too. LeBron needs to up the defense and then we have a debate.

# 11 Scrooge @ 02/05/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboii30
I chose Kobe too, he is way more clutch than LeBron. And if I was to rate him with Jordan being a 10, Kobe is a 9. Kobe has the ability to decide what he wants when he wants it. And he plays defense too. LeBron needs to up the defense and then we have a debate.
um
bron plays better defense than kobe
kobe's defense is criminally overated

# 12 ballaspence9493 @ 02/08/09 10:35 PM
everyone knows that kobe's shooting is what makes kobe better than lebron right now.

# 13 bowdown2shadi @ 02/09/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
everyone knows that kobe's shooting is what makes kobe better than lebron right now.
Of course. Once LeBron develops an automatic jumpshot, he will be better than Kobe.

# 14 Rng43 @ 04/29/09 08:23 AM
I would pick Kobe too, he's able to finish games better than Lebron and is quicker than lebron. when Lebron develops a good shooting form and gets a little quicker at doing jabs, than he'll be better. But what happened to including someone like Dwyane Wade, he better defensively than both players. don't have to always look at offense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.