Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Our pre-release info plan is being put together. We are going to be taking the same approach as Madden by announcing something each week, as opposed to announcing everything all at once like on NCAA Football 09.

Officially it starts today and it is... drumroll... Procedural Awareness.

Most of you have probably read about it on the Madden Forum, but here is a link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-10-a.html

Ok, so nothing new and exciting yet. But I wanted to at least let you guys know that the news will start rolling in this month all the way up to a few weeks before the game hits shelves. So hang tight and check weekly.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 nexdawg @ 02/15/09 04:15 PM
youAlreadyknow

I do agree about PA the impression i got from reading the thread was it will effect the AI in a sense that player can not make plays with out "eye contact with the ball" So no more linebackers running full speed with his back 2 the QB and the out of nowhere jumping 30ft in the air pulling an 180 and a making pick(or bat downs) so if thats the only problem PA fixes i can live with it!

# 122 youALREADYknow @ 02/15/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
So they can't make scrambling QB's scramble more, and make pocket passers not scramble? How is this violating anything?
He said Player DNA. That is a live updating feature to rosters, not player tendencies. Of course they can and should make player's play to their tendencies, but it will always be the job of custom roster editors to make each player in college sports games play like themselves.

# 123 Vikes1 @ 02/15/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d

It's not a mistake or bad programming which makes the defenders on kick returns turn and run with the return man. This is how EA wanted it. They wanted people to return KO/Punts at will. It's no accident that offensive speed dwarfs defensive speed, that's the way they wanted it. It's no accident that one can take a Sun Belt team to the national title. It's no accident that one can recruit as well as USC with the same sun belt team. It's no accident one can get a invite to the SEC with that same sun belt team in only 3 years of play. Why would EA want to do these things? Because that's the way the masses want it. So it's silly to think EA will ever decide to not give the masses what they want.
Normally I don't post on the NCAA board, but I just had to respond to your post mOOd. I couldn't agree more with what you've said. Excellent post!

I don't usually defend EA...but I think your right. Their just giving people what most of us want...to win. You choose Temple as your dynasty team, and as you mentioned within 2-3 seasons your invited to the Big East. Two seasons later your National Champions, and everything is right with the world.

It's kind of hard to admit but...how many of us would be pleased if after 10 years of franchise play, you suffered through 10 losing seasons as many teams IRL do? Even for us "Sim heads", we want realism...but only to a certain point.

# 124 nexdawg @ 02/15/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
He said Player DNA. That is a live updating feature to rosters, not player tendencies. Of course they can and should make player's play to their tendencies, but it will always be the job of custom roster editors to make each player in college sports games play like themselves.
No you are wrong nba live dna is the player tendencies! They change via online but the actual dna is how the player play on the court. If a player is not doing well or playing better they then send the updates 2 change the player dna. So ncaa football could very well put this in the game if they so choose. And that "dna" should affect coaches play calling. I dont know about everybody else ,but im sick of the cpu running triple options with pocket passer. Or watching there running back "run from day light". Iike i said player that stick 2 there tendencies(@ every position) make 4 better execution and most of all better game play which is the most important goal

# 125 youALREADYknow @ 02/15/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
No you are wrong nba live dna is the player tendencies! They change via online but the actual dna is how the player play on the court. If a player is not doing well or playing better they then send the updates 2 change the player dna. So ncaa football could very well put this in the game if they so choose. And that "dna" should affect coaches play calling. I dont know about everybody else ,but im sick of the cpu running triple options with pocket passer. Or watching there running back "run from day light". Iike i said player that stick 2 there tendencies(@ every position) make 4 better execution and most of all better game play which is the most important goal
I think it's a great idea if they do it for TEAM tendencies, but again they can't change PLAYER tendencies for a specific player on the rosters. This is the same reason we will never get player names on rosters and this is the same reason EA resorted to polling random last names from the internet instead of having announcers record real player names.

As far as I'm concerned, however, coordinators and coaches have been around long enough to know their tendencies during the development phase of the game and that's EA's job to match those tendencies. They do a poor job of getting styles of play in the game and that needs to be fixed.

# 126 nexdawg @ 02/16/09 12:05 AM
OMT

I noticed something while watching the "PA video" and i havent heard anybody say anything about it. In the video you can clearly see the QB go thur "his progression"(for people who dont know what a QB progression is its the order in which a Qb looks @ his receiver) Is this going be a feature in the game(maybe i might be letting the cat out of the bag)? It would greatly add 2 the realism we all ask 4. With this new feature it seem like the perfect time 2 add it. There are so many things it can add 2 the game and should be pretty easy 2 add. And much like real football games it would force player 2 make more pre-snap reads. And help improve defense which needs some help because the defense can "read the QB eyes" which football fans understand is how big time defense player make plays. Madden try 2 capture some realism with the" passing cone" years back but it wasnt right. It can be an easy feature because all the player has 2 do is press that receiver button 2 look in the direction and press it again 2 throw. It would really simulate what its like 2 be a QB no QB can see the whole field like you can now in football games. And as you get better you can "look off the defense" ,but mostly it will force you 2 try and guess what kinda defenes you are going be facing before the ball is even snapped. Which is what seperates QB's with great physical ability from great QB. And another area this will improve this year games is on defense. Everybody is complaining(and rightfully so) about the pass rush and robo QB. This feature would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Having 2 go thur progession would force a QB 2 hold on 2 the ball longer resulting in more sacks ,more bad passes and maybe finally an intentional grounding on the cpu(i have never gotta one on the cpu since the put that penalty in). Like i said earlier it should be that hard to do because it seems like the QB's with PA is doing it anyways. I dont know if it 2 late for a feature like that or its already in but that 1 feature could mean the difference between "Not this again" or "Damn they finally got it right" I cant thank you guys enuff 4 listen 2 us even when we wine and complain and make smartass comments it is very appreciated!

# 127 nexdawg @ 02/16/09 12:53 AM
Quote:
I think it's a great idea if they do it for TEAM tendencies, but again they can't change PLAYER tendencies for a specific player on the rosters. This is the same reason we will never get player names on rosters and this is the same reason EA resorted to polling random last names from the internet instead of having announcers record real player names.

As far as I'm concerned, however, coordinators and coaches have been around long enough to know their tendencies during the development phase of the game and that's EA's job to match those tendencies. They do a poor job of getting styles of play in the game and that needs to be fixed.
Dude they already have tendencies! Speed Back, or hard hitting safety is tendencies so how can you keep saying it cant be done?. What im saying is get more indepth with these tendencies and in nba live 09 have done the best job i have seen of having there player play how they are suppose 2 play (have you played nba live 09?) When then change rosters, implement injuries, or change there dna its apart of Live 365 im not askin 4 that just the dna part. Some QB's take off very quickly some will go thur a few more prgressions before they run and some QB's will harldly ever run they rather throw the ball away! Some back shy away from contact while other backs go looking 2 truck player or some LB's are great in coverage but not suck @ tackling. This is dna player play like there rating. The way they do it now player proformance are completely random so more often then not they dont play 2 there strengths. That is what nba live dna does it makes players play toward there strengths and thats all i want and it can be done without violating and rules

# 128 nexdawg @ 02/16/09 01:13 AM

Thats fine but what happens when they put another QB in the game? When Ohio St. switch from Boeckman 2 Pryor there play calling change 2 suit the strengths of there present QB. Any good coach plays 2 the strength of his team. I know where probably years away from that but the games wont ever be challenging til they do! So i agree in a sense i wanna see better team(or coaching)dna they try 2 do it but it sucks its 2 simple west coast, wishbone, speard its there just not specific enuff 2 make a difference theres a bunch of speard offenses there are more pro-stlye offenses besides the west coast. Bottom line coaches need a serious overhaul as much as the battle @ the line needs 2 be overhauled. another thing cpu coaches should go after kids that fit there system 2.(but im just going off now)

# 129 sdlite42 @ 02/16/09 01:42 AM
The answer is simple......

NBA players approximatly maybe 600......

College Football Players..... Approximatly 6300 players!!!!

You do the math

NBA teams 30....at the very most 15 games to monitor ona night ( ant not everyone plays on a night so a lot less....

NCAA Division 1 schools I think 116 thast like 58 games (give or take a few)every saturday!!!!

# 130 machchunk @ 02/16/09 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlite42

NCAA Division 1 schools I think 116 thast like 58 games (give or take a few)every saturday!!!!
It's 120. But no week sees all the teams playing, or sometimes even all the teams playing opponents in the same subdivison.

# 131 youALREADYknow @ 02/16/09 11:18 AM
Some of you need to just take a break from NCAA and EA products. The pessimism is unbelievable. Just don't buy the game, don't spend time following the game.

I didn't buy NCAA or Madden for 3 years until the '09 version of NCAA with Online Dynasty... I lived, life moved on.

# 132 Gossennator @ 02/16/09 12:26 PM
OMT,

Since Madden just announced that they will have a tackle assist in stat columns, will NCAA?

# 133 thelasthurtknee @ 02/16/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
Agreed. I remember the year before last (or maybe just last year) they were bragging about how they improved the OL - DL interaction, and how the OL actually blocked correctly, how counters worked, ETC. They even had some "OL guru" post a blog about it - I guess the guy they had for info on blocking.

And look what we got. The SAME garbage system we had in the past. The SAME OL getting outrun by the RB on a counter play. The SAME OL running right past the guy their supposed to block. The SAME OL turning around in the hole to block someone behind them. The SAME OL with ridiculously stupid AI programming, who can't even adjust to the simplest defensive adjustments, and who stupidly never block the correct guy. Hell, on some tosses they leave the defensive end wide open and wiff him and go to the LB.

Never believe EA. Ever.

actually they did redo the line blocking and it looks great if you go into practice without the D on the field. the prob was they didnt redo anything for the dline which they never said they did. same old moves from old gen and that and the fact the dline takes four steps and two secs before they engage. a redo of the dline is what is needed to go with the O blocking schemes. they didnt lie about this part of the game they just half assed it by not working on the dline so that the new Oline blocking made a difference.

one thing that needs to be taken into account is the speed of pulling players. most linemen have a good burst in real life. acc should be higher in the game so that they can pull faster. i have to have atleast 64 speed and higher acc to get block out by a pulling guard. all pulling guards should get to the guy. if you have a slow guy in there now he might not even make it to the player hes supposed to block. sometimes this happens but its because of a stunt or good d play not because of lack of G speed.

not defending them in anyway because what was the point of redoing one half of something but oline logic is alot better than it ever has been but with the same old crap on D it didnt make a ****t.

also they didnt try to make the pa sound like it affected the AI, some guys just assumed that. i do think it will come into play and i think it is there answer for the d players seeming to attack the ball better than wr's when the ball is in the air. thats just a guess but i could see a benefit from using it in this sense. but im not a programmer so who the hell knows how they will use it.

# 134 cowboy_kmoney @ 02/16/09 12:33 PM
Quote:
Some of you need to just take a break from NCAA and EA products. The pessimism is unbelievable. Just don't buy the game, don't spend time following the game.

I didn't buy NCAA or Madden for 3 years until the '09 version of NCAA with Online Dynasty... I lived, life moved on.
True,True..

# 135 cowboy_kmoney @ 02/16/09 12:37 PM
I would like to know this myself,Bcause you would at least think it would have made it in.So OMT did it or not?Asst.tackles and sacks is what Im asking about..

# 136 thelasthurtknee @ 02/16/09 12:40 PM
Quote:

that sucks. the last three years of old gen have been some of the best football games ever made for NCAA. this year on old gen is amazing and the best football i ever played period. what a fun game but my OD is what made me decide to spend time on next gen this year. if i had quit playing old gen when the xbox 360 came out and been stuck with just next gen ncaa for the last three years i would want to burn down tiburon also. the angles of pursuit were not the best on 08 for last gen but damn was 08 on the 360 the worst pile of crap ever. it was a coaster after two days. while im not as upset about things as alot of you i for sure understand where you are coming from. when the next gen of systems comes out dont trade in your old system. the best NCAA for the this gen will probabably come out the same year as the first one for xbox 720 or whatever it will be called.

# 137 youALREADYknow @ 02/16/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
when the next gen of systems comes out dont trade in your old system. the best NCAA for the this gen will probabably come out the same year as the first one for xbox 720 or whatever it will be called.
I didn't buy a X360 until last summer and probably will wait on the next gen as well for 2 years. You're right, the best versions on this generation are still to come.

# 138 thelasthurtknee @ 02/16/09 01:49 PM
kinda sucks that we were supposed to be getting info each week for NCAA and we dont even hear if what maddens is getting is in NCAA. Im not bitching im just spending more time in the madden forum than here and i dont even play madden.

# 139 rudyjuly2 @ 02/16/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
So true. There is one poster here and at NCAA Strategies that has blasted every version of NCAA since his beloved '04. Nothing since has been anything but garbage to him and yet he's bought it every year and continues to rant on forums. What's the point?

# 140 youALREADYknow @ 02/16/09 02:29 PM
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...10-update.aspx

Another nice Madden 10 feature that I hope will also be in NCAA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.