Home
News Post

The MLB 09 The Show demo is up on the Playstation Network Store. Please post your impressions once you download and play the game.

Please don't post anything until you have played the game.

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 countryboy @ 02/05/09 10:14 PM
I love the catcher calling the pitches. Sweet touch SCEA, sweet touch.

# 82 DeathMetal @ 02/05/09 10:16 PM
Impressive. Noticed the new lighting right away, very nice. The revamped fielding is very cool. I also noticed the slight framerate issue while batting/pitching, which seems to start right when the pitcher starts throwing the pitch, and clears up when the catcher catches it (apparently fixed in newer builds).

The game did freeze up my PS3 though after I used the PS button to shut the game down. The system beeped three times and the screen was just black.

Can't wait for March to get here.

# 83 J-Unit40 @ 02/05/09 10:16 PM
The broadcast replay cam is panties. Lovin' it!

# 84 slickkill77 @ 02/05/09 10:16 PM
Hmm i just made a running catch in center field and I got stuck in the running animation for a really long time

# 85 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/05/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Carlos Pena's stance is horrible
Jim....Do you mind if I borrow a quote from you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
SEVERAL WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BUILD WE PLAYED IN SAN DIEGO.

Chris

# 86 Pared @ 02/05/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
can we save replays in the demo?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...demo-easy.html

Honestly, it's worth its own thread. Guys will miss this easily.

# 87 The Bimmer @ 02/05/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Could anyone post a picture of his stance? I would really love to see it for myself.

Like i said just fine!!!!!!

# 88 Tatz666 @ 02/05/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
I'm really liking the hitting so far (I only played 1 game!!). What I like about it is I can take more time to decide if I want to swing or not. I don't know if the swing is just faster now or if the pitch speed is slower. I'm REALLY leaning towards the former. I really think they did something with the swing speed and it feels very realistic and enjoyable. Again this is only on 4 innings of gameplay so more to come...
I couldnt agree with you more. i only played one game as well and i noticed the same exact thing. i feel more relaxed now, as opposed to last year, where i felt rushed to try and decipher what was coming and ended up hitting the ball the other way most of the time

# 89 bhurst99 @ 02/05/09 10:18 PM
Footage of a double hit by the computer. You wouldn't have seen that type of double last year. I had some sound issues making this recording that aren't the fault of the game

Note the video quality is reduced in the rendering process.

If anyone has any video requests from the demo fire away and I'll see what I can post.

# 90 countryboy @ 02/05/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You can save pics.

Oh...and ZERO framerate problems for me.

M.K.
Knight165
How do you save the pics?

And can you save replays in the retail version or did I dream up that feature?

Thanks for the help Knight.

# 91 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone
Maybe it's his TV? Don't certain HD TVs have refresh issues? You have to put them in "game mode" or some such thing?
no it's not my tv. 08 never had this so that's out the question. I'm going to believe knight and jim. There's a few guys reporting this problem as well. I guess it's just a demo thing

# 92 scott209 @ 02/05/09 10:19 PM
All I can say WOW greatest game EVER

# 93 slickkill77 @ 02/05/09 10:20 PM
Look at it from the front on a replay. Thats not what his stance looks like, he doesnt stand that wide. If they fixed it great if not I can just change it.

If i wanted to get nit picky I could longoria's hands arent resting on his shoulder

# 94 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How do you save the pics?

And can you save replays in the retail version or did I dream up that feature?

Thanks for the help Knight.
Hit the PS button...go to the picture part of the XMB...choose save screenshot...you go back in the game and take the snapshot.

I'm eager to see what you guys come up with!

M.K.
Knight165

# 95 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/05/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer

Like i said just fine!!!!!!
Sorry i meant in the game. I don't have my ps3 with me and haven't played the demo yet.

# 96 Pared @ 02/05/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
no it's not my tv. 08 never had this so that's out the question. I'm going to believe knight and jim. There's a few guys reporting this problem as well. I guess it's just a demo thing
I don't believe anyone played this game in 1080p. 720p and it was smooth as silk.

# 97 Knight165 @ 02/05/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Art...you sure you're in 720p?
I don't have it.(unless I'm just not noticing it)

M.K.
Knight165

# 98 davewins @ 02/05/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Wow Dave, knowing your scientific approach to baseball video games, i'm impressed that YOUR impressed...comin' from a 2K base. no sarcasm...really
haha I don't have a 2k tattoo on my left arm or anything. I just tryed the game last year and liked the hitting. Never would I consider myself a 2k obsessor or anything like that. LOL

# 99 CS10029 @ 02/05/09 10:22 PM
Man on first, Ultey at the plate. Hit a hard grounder to the second baseman. He fields it cleanly and throws it on over to the SS coming to cover second to turn the double play. Catches the ball then goes to throw to first and loses the handle on it.

Now that was pretty cool and all, and I was pleased with that amount of detail. What happened next blew me away.

The next thing I know Charlie Manual (Right?) is out at second base arguing with the umpire. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what exactly he is upset about. The announcers say something to the extent of, "Looks like we got an argument here. The manager seems to be saying the SS never had control of the ball and the runner is safe."

What!! Are you kidding me?1

That is attention to detail at its finest... Time to finish the first inning!

# 100 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/05/09 10:23 PM
Hey bhurst99, would you mind taking a video of Carlos Pena's, Evan Longoria's, and Chase Utley's stances please?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.