Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the sounds of The Show.

Quote:
"The Custom Chants and Yells feature allows you to record your own voice and hear it in the game, either as a fan yelling from the crowd or as a simulated crowd chant. All you need is a microphone or headset for the PS3 and you can go to town. You can use all sorts of mics such as ones from Rock Band, the PlayStation Eye, and bluetooth headsets, among others. These yells and chants can be added to any player in the Personalize tab, either as cheers or jeers, depending on whether the player is playing at home or away.

We have been having a lot of fun with it and we’re sure you guys will, too. So warm up those vocal chords and get ready to yell. But please try and be nice…unless you’re playing against the Yankees."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Azamien @ 02/06/09 03:26 PM
Wow, this wasn't a feature I was all that interested in until the blog and Pared's posts about it. Now even I'm imagining the possibilities!

# 22 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/06/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Wow, this wasn't a feature I was all that interested in until the blog and Pared's posts about it. Now even I'm imagining the possibilities!

Same here. Spring has me hugely busy with work

So I can barely play Franchise till the end of the season ... but I know I will be fiddling with this all year long in my free time.

# 23 mrj513 @ 02/06/09 04:28 PM
What is the process for adding custom music onto the PS3 for this game?

# 24 rundastreetz @ 02/06/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
/drools

Pared - can you confirm that this works in Batting practice mode?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/03/mlb-09-the-show-%e2%80%93-road-to-the-show-training-modes/

:22 on the video answers your question I think

# 25 AUTiger1 @ 02/06/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
FINALLY we can talk about this feature.

Guys, this feature will BLOW. YOU. AWAY.

Read that again. Then let it sink in.

One of the key things I wanted to know about the Mets was if the crowd chants "Jose, Jose Jose Jose!" when he's up at bat. It's not in... but fear not! The boys at Sony went out of their way to set me up with this feature.. and boy did everyone have a blast hearing the outcome.

So I am given the official Sony camera with built-in mic to record my own "Jose" chant... so I go into this section and record my short snippet of audio. Once done, it immediately plays back with this insane reverb, echo effect as if it is coming from an actual crowd! Everyone stops playing the game and immediately comes over to check it out.

I fire up a game and pick Mets and someone... can't recall who... at Citi. Reyes comes up.... and on the second pitch... "Jose, Jose Jose Jose! JO-SE, JO-SE!"

Phenomenal boys. Unprecedented audio manipulation and use of stadium sounds in a baseball game.

Had there been a few more situations I would say it was the best audio sound feature I've ever seen in any sports game to day.

You WILL have a blast with this.
Are you gonna have the Larry chant in your game?

# 26 Ktulu @ 02/06/09 04:56 PM
Will the music work with streaming files or do they have to reside on the PS3?

# 27 soxnut1018 @ 02/06/09 07:45 PM
I have a headset that has a jack (i am not sure how to describe it other than the same jack that your headset has for your ipod). How can I get my chants/jeers into the game? Hope that makes sense

# 28 statum71 @ 02/06/09 08:18 PM
Man this gives me a TON of ideas already.

I'm starting to think Sony guys read the "Madden" wishlists. Cause htye seem to be the only ones really putting in stuff we want.

# 29 Kolbe @ 02/06/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Man this gives me a TON of ideas already.

I'm starting to think Sony guys read the "Madden" wishlists. Cause htye seem to be the only ones really putting in stuff we want.
Nope - we just do what we want and what we think would be cool. We do read the wishlists you guys put up for us tho!

-Kolbe

# 30 theaub @ 02/06/09 08:23 PM
Do you want to release this game two weeks early?

# 31 bcruise @ 02/06/09 08:30 PM
The first chant I'm putting into my game is "Right Field Sucks!"

So many possibilities for this feature.

(my current avatar doesn't show it, but I'm very much a Cubs fan)

# 32 Ghoste @ 02/06/09 08:31 PM
I have a quick question. Are these custom music options stadium specific? In other words, my created player's home run music should only play at home, correct?

-ghoste

# 33 Tatz666 @ 02/06/09 10:47 PM
this game is unbelievable! it just keeps getting better and better....im getting so fired up thinking about it, i kinda wanna go punch a hole in something

# 34 jtn93 @ 02/06/09 11:09 PM
"HEY ORRTIZZ!!!! WANT SOME CAKE!!!!!!!"

question, can you sware in this? (sounds stupid I know)

# 35 Windu @ 02/06/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Are you gonna have the Larry chant in your game?
I am going to. Shea or CBP just wouldn't be the same without hearing "Laaarrrryyyyy" when Chipper comes up. It will also make it that much more satisfying when he hits a HR.

# 36 WatchdogXC @ 02/06/09 11:36 PM
I'm going to bust out my "Official Albert" (a big cowbell) and use it with the crowd effect for one of my walkups.

This feature is awesome.

# 37 scott209 @ 02/07/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatz666
this game is unbelievable! it just keeps getting better and better....im getting so fired up thinking about it, i kinda wanna go punch a hole in something
(Backs away with fear)

# 38 scott209 @ 02/07/09 12:33 AM
This is great i have so many ideas already

# 39 Knight165 @ 02/07/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott209
(Backs away with fear)
That is pretty...."intense"
Nice tatzy....nice tatzy....put the little bunny rabbit down...he's your friend.

M.K.
Knight165

# 40 AUTiger1 @ 02/07/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windu
I am going to. Shea or CBP just wouldn't be the same without hearing "Laaarrrryyyyy" when Chipper comes up. It will also make it that much more satisfying when he hits a HR.
Yep.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.