Home
Madden 09 News Post

GamePolitics has the scoop.

Quote:
"The recent class action lawsuit in which retired NFL players won a $28 million judgment from the National Football League Players Association continues to yield a treasure trove of information concerning the inner workings of EA's best-selling Madden franchise.

For example, transcripts of court testimony which were unsealed this week by the U.S. District Court in San Francisco show that NFL star Brett Favre's decision to retire from the Green Bay Packers in early 2008 almost got him dropped from the cover of Madden 2009."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Unforgiven @ 02/08/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
GamePolitics has the scoop.
I'm glad they didn't, or else week 17 may have been a little different for my Fins

# 2 thudias @ 02/08/09 10:07 PM
Just because he played in the league last year doesn't mean he didn't retire..I mean did you see the guy play? washed up!

# 3 cdon2k @ 02/08/09 10:51 PM
EA should dump high profile players from the cover and use lesser knowns to save on costs and invest that money back into the game...

I mean, does anyone really care who is on the cover?

# 4 Cusefan @ 02/08/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
EA should dump high profile players from the cover and use lesser knowns to save on costs and invest that money back into the game...

its more of a tradition at this point, like a athlete being on the cover of wheeties.

# 5 cdon2k @ 02/08/09 11:02 PM
Right, and they had been pushing it and pushing it trying to get cheaper over the years...

remember Vince on the cover of 08? They did it so they wouldn't have to pay Tomlinson.... They got a 2nd year guy (or was he a rookie lol) to do it to save money...

I was really surprised when they went all out for Favre in 09 as I really thought they would try and low ball it again this year.

I say go for the cheapest "rising star" they can find a la 08.

# 6 HealyMonster @ 02/08/09 11:26 PM
Quote:

I say get rid of the "pop-culture-ness" of the game, put madden himself on the cover and play football. nuff said.

# 7 statum71 @ 02/09/09 12:56 PM
This is hindsight. Who cares?

# 8 Vikes1 @ 02/09/09 01:09 PM
Quote:

Personally it wouldn't matter to me if there was no Cover player at all.

# 9 matt8204 @ 02/09/09 01:09 PM
Does it really matter at this point?

# 10 Netherscourge @ 02/09/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Just because he played in the league last year doesn't mean he didn't retire..I mean did you see the guy play? washed up!

Didn't he throw 6 TD passes in one game last year?

# 11 thudias @ 02/09/09 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Didn't he throw 6 TD passes in one game last year?

Guess I could have been more specific. The last six games he could not compete at a high level.

# 12 Netherscourge @ 02/10/09 12:14 PM
If John Madden found out EA was gonna tank his beloved Brett Favre from the cover of his game, he'd guillotine the whole company.

Madden loves 'Brett Favre, 'Brett Favre.

-Cue the Frank Caliendo

# 13 Sanchez_Mareno @ 03/18/09 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
put madden himself on the cover
I like this idea

# 14 Bgamer90 @ 03/18/09 09:11 AM
Quote:

I was really surprised when they went all out for Favre in 09 as I really thought they would try and low ball it again this year.
They wanted someone as famous as him in the NFL to celebrate and represent Madden's 20th anniversary.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.