Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the little things that help the game shine.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Greg Batalucco (Game Designer) and Clayton Read (Associate Producer) here to bring you the next installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. This entry will focus on all the little details added this year to The Show that give it an added touch of realism. For this year’s version we wanted to make the game as accurate as possible and included in MLB 09 The Show are actual team mascots, new and improved stadium jumbotrons with game related movies, K boards, realistic crowds, and improved lighting and skies throughout the stadiums. All these enhancements add to the overall gaming experience to make MLB 09 The Show as real as it gets."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The baggy pants they added helped the look of the player models a lot!
but that and the other accessories are in the demo too...except glasses and eye black casue those are day game acessories offcourse.

# 122 Motown @ 02/11/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The baggy pants they added helped the look of the player models a lot!
Yes it did Nem...it seems the shoulders aren't as wide for some reason too. baggier jerseys maybe?

# 123 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 02:33 PM
baggy pants are definatly in the demo...check navarro, howard, ruiz, pena and crawford...
makes players look better imo..

# 124 Motown @ 02/11/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
but that and the other accessories are in the demo too...except glasses and eye black cause those are day game accessories offcourse.
The unis seem baggier to me than the demo

# 125 Pared @ 02/11/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Yeah but they had the Mets Apple and the Trop Train and some of that other stuff for years now.
Yes, but this is the first year they've highlighted it in a video I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha...

I was waiting for you guys!
Sorry we had to keep mum when you guys were asking.
I know Jim and Pared had seen it.

...While nem was totally focused on his Yankee vs. whoever games ...
...I noticed that Pared has an unbelievable eye at picking stuff up.
Jim too. I never even noticed the Bernie slide until one of them mentioned it.
I gotta get stats and ratings out of my head sometimes.

M.K.
Knight165
I didn't write everything down so I can't recall half the "Little Things" I noticed.

Quote:
I've been to Shea stadium (against my will) and it IS half bleeped in real life. lol
Now you're just straight hating.

# 126 nemesis04 @ 02/11/09 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
but that and the other accessories are in the demo too...except glasses and eye black casue those are day game acessories offcourse.
It looked better in the version we played. They mentioned they just finished detailing some of these things before we got there. The demo models look closer to 08 than 09 imo. It could be my eyes playing tricks on me but I do not think so.

# 127 brunnoce @ 02/11/09 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
The unis seem baggier to me than the demo
i must confess that they dont to me...
hopefully im wrong, baggy jerseys would be another great adition imo.

# 128 nemesis04 @ 02/11/09 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha...

I was waiting for you guys!
Sorry we had to keep mum when you guys were asking.
I know Jim and Pared had seen it.

...While nem was totally focused on his Yankee vs. whoever games ...
...I noticed that Pared has an unbelievable eye at picking stuff up.
Jim too. I never even noticed the Bernie slide until one of them mentioned it.
I gotta get stats and ratings out of my head sometimes.

M.K.
Knight165
LOL, thanks Knight!

# 129 j-rod1326 @ 02/11/09 02:46 PM
I have read all the blogs and watched all the videos and normally I keep to myself, getting excited about the game but I don't comment. I could not help myself after this blog, it is anything I have ever wanted from a baseball game. Everything looks so incredible I am going out to buy my HD cable for my ps3 right now. I am so ready for MLB 09 I can't wait.

# 130 green94 @ 02/11/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
All this game needs for me. Is more players in the dugout, CPU pitchers warming up and being able to edit the accessories colors. That is all. WOW! They nail it big time.
Yep, the correct players in the dugouts reacting dynamically and correct pitchers in the bully's reacting dynamically, and they are done. Oh yeah, AND fireworks. Then this game will have everything.

# 131 Blzer @ 02/11/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
For some reason the player models in that video look better than what it is in the demo.
If there was any example that I could produce of the player models looking "off," it would be Delgado. If people can't see any issues there, then I don't know, maybe there really isn't a problem with the models.

Again, as a Giants fan, I'm just asking in terms of team specifics: any note of Lou Seal or the water cannons in right field going off after a home run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Yep, the correct players in the dugouts reacting dynamically and correct pitchers in the bully's reacting dynamically, and they are done. Oh yeah, AND fireworks. Then this game will have everything.
I wonder if, like the player models issue (having to redo everything, but once it's done it's done), it would be easier if they just scrapped all of their pre-generated cut scenes and aimed for the real time feature ala NBA 2K9 and MLB 2K9. If so, then they would finally be done with that and wouldn't have to go back to "force" things in, if that makes sense.

# 132 aukevin @ 02/11/09 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod1326
Everything looks so incredible I am going out to buy my HD cable for my ps3 right now. I am so ready for MLB 09 I can't wait.
get it from monoprice.com. Don't let the retail stores rip you off.

# 133 Blzer @ 02/11/09 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I have a feeling that the water cannon might be in and Seal I think is in too.
That would be awesome. Watching him do his belly thrust (or pelvic thrust for the mature/immature crowd, however you may put it) is epic!

And you said no to the splash hits, correct? One feature I loved in 2K4 (though they removed it instantly for next year) was recognition of where the ball landed. The bleachers, the water, over the green monster, the upper deck, off the facade, etc. I guess even if there's a slight mention like that it would be pretty cool. The counter and cut scenes may be reserved for later years.

# 134 Pared @ 02/11/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Yikes, I honestly remember reading that... That might have been the year I bought a PS2 just for SCEA's MLB game.
We're getting old.

# 135 Pared @ 02/11/09 03:09 PM
lol I appreciate the compliment.

# 136 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 03:32 PM
He retired. He is probably has about 9 years on me LOL

# 137 baseball88 @ 02/11/09 03:42 PM
Behave yourself I'm not a senior citizen yet LOL I'm only 53 soon to be March 1st 54.
You're as young as you feel. I'm ready for the release of this game.

Experience is the best policy. Remember High Heat Baseball, MVP Baseball, Microsoft baseball, Triple play Baseball, I did all the roster updates for those games. I also did face updates for these games too.

We need an early release so it can stimulate this economy. The sales for this game alone would really help out. It would be nice to have discount for the game but we need to boost this economy right now.

# 138 green94 @ 02/11/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wonder if, like the player models issue (having to redo everything, but once it's done it's done), it would be easier if they just scrapped all of their pre-generated cut scenes and aimed for the real time feature ala NBA 2K9 and MLB 2K9. If so, then they would finally be done with that and wouldn't have to go back to "force" things in, if that makes sense.
You could be dead on... I haven't played a 2k baseball game in years, but this real time atmosphere has me really intrigued. Let's see if they can pull it off.

# 139 Hman @ 02/11/09 03:50 PM
Im just wondering if you take a team like the marlins and you do good with them will the attendance change or will it stay the as it is? If you have the marlins or any other weak teams and you do good with them would their fans show up in other cities?

# 140 rckabillyRaider @ 02/11/09 03:54 PM
Is the attendace dynamic? Or is it hard coded already for each team and stadium? If you take a weak team and then make a pennant chase, will the stadium start filling up?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.