Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted the MLB 09: The Show team rankings.

Quote:
"Here are the rankings for each team in MLB 09 The Show. Listed are the overall, batting, pitching, and defense categories. These aren’t ratings exactly but they do display how the teams are situated in each area along with the overall strength to expect out of them. Keep in mind that these may change with the release day roster update."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 wwc18 @ 02/17/09 11:05 PM
i love how oakland is ranked 20th in pitching but had one of the lowest ERA's in baseball. i can see the batting ranking being low b/c they have no offense, but 26th overall? and putting the mariners in front of them....

# 62 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/18/09 12:02 AM
Not going to bother reading through 9 pages but Russell stated over on MM that these weren't set in stone and in fact they changed a few things with certain teams.

# 63 MurphDogg @ 02/18/09 03:55 AM
I found this interesting. Baseball Prospectus projects the Orioles to score the third most runs in the majors (tied with the Brewers). They arrived at this projection using the same data on individual players that the MLB '09 producers used to project them as having the worst offense in the majors. I am not saying that they will finish third in the majors in runs but I will eat my hat if they finish in the bottom five.

# 64 scooteristkai @ 02/18/09 04:47 AM
Already 9(!!!) pages of Team Ranking trash talk?! And you guys are expecting a group of ,letīs say 5 devs who do the rankings, make it perfect for everyone???

I heard one guy talk about player X and what a last half of year he had last season... if they would base it on only a half year those rankings would look ridiculous

Letīs just say it is not an easy job doing ratings for so many players and relax and use the editor.

# 65 CWSpalehoseCWS @ 02/20/09 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
The Tigers AND Royals better than the White Sox??

We'll see how that pans out when the season starts. I understand though. Considering a lot of the Sox starting this year have had little to no experience, everyone is underrating the pitching extremely IMO.
That's what I was thinking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.