Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the community preview event.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, Ramone Russell here, Community Manager for the SCEA San Diego Studios. Last Thursday and Friday marked the first time we here at SCEA opened the doors of the studio to the general public. We decided to do this for a multitude of reasons, some not as obvious as others.

We care a great deal about the people who purchase our games and what they have to say about them, good and bad. We are always striving to take the MLB09 The Show franchise to the next level of realism and authenticity as an MLB simulation. With these and other goals in mind we spent a substantial amount of time over the past several months overhauling the developer/consumer relationship at the studio. The culmination of which is our first Community Day here in San Diego, involving the MLB Development team and members of the “Shows” community.

The purpose of the event was to give fans of the franchise an in-depth look at how the game is made, and who it’s made by. We let the attendees pick the brains of the development team and give feedback on the game for future use. In contrast we picked the brains of the attendees to help give us a feel for what people are expecting from the franchise and how we can make it better moving forward."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 davewins @ 02/14/09 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Please let that be a girl who said that.
LMAO!!!!!!

# 22 SoxChamp @ 02/14/09 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
They must be running out of blog ideas to put this up...haha...j/k... any chance for an early release? The reason I say this is the demo came out a week earlier than last year, and we really haven't seen any gameplay vids on any sites...maybe they're gonna pass on the marketing media and just bring out the game...wishful thinking?
Yeah, very wishful.

Things like printing, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping are all on a schedule and every step of the way has deadlines. Kolbe can't just yawn, snap his fingers, and suddenly the game is in stores faster than originally planned.

Honest question, has there ever been a game/movie/cd that has come out earlier than the posted street date? If so, I sure can't think of it.

# 23 brunnoce @ 02/14/09 09:14 AM
theres also the supposely mlb rule where mlb games cant come out before march 1st.

# 24 Knight165 @ 02/14/09 09:58 AM
Quote:
They must be running out of blog ideas to put this up...haha...j/k... any chance for an early release? The reason I say this is the demo came out a week earlier than last year, and we really haven't seen any gameplay vids on any sites...maybe they're gonna pass on the marketing media and just bring out the game...wishful thinking?
Hah....

Nah....this blog was kind of a "sandwich pick".
There are a few more INTERESTING ones coming up.
Sit tight for a bit!

M.K.
Knight165

# 25 SoxChamp @ 02/14/09 10:41 AM
Quote:
MLB 2K7 was released a week early:

MLB 2K7 was officially announced as gold on February 23, 2007 and was shipped on February 26; its previous release date had been advertised as March 5.
Did they announce the adjusted release date, or just blindly ship it without anyone knowing?

# 26 SoxChamp @ 02/14/09 11:12 AM
Quote:
I believe they announced it a week or so before release date...who's to say SCEA won't do the same? I'm not saying they are just going to surprise us and ship it without advanced notice...
I guess I just don't see the benefit of them doing it, that's all. It's not like it's a big opportunity for them to get a jump on the competition, as the majority of 2K buyers will probably be 360 owners anyway.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.