Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Want to see how detailed your favorite stadiums are in Major League Baseball 2K9? Compare for yourself and let us know what they got right and what still needs a little tweaking. Unfortunately, the screenshots aren't in any specific order, so you'll just have to peck around.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cubsfan203 @ 02/14/09 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
In the ballaprk in arlington, they missed the huge bell in the left field 2nd deck. It rings every time a ranger hits a HR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbowles/3215109568/
They took that out a long time ago. It left when Ameriquest left.

# 22 Pirate @ 02/14/09 12:34 PM
Let me preface by saying that I think an accurate stadium is as important to a baseball video game as anything else. Stadiums dramatically affect the play of a game.

With that said, how can you develop a baseball video game and get wall height incorrect? Wall height is integral to game play what should be a homerun is going to bounce off a wall. A quick search on Flickr and you can get up-to-date photos to base your stadiums off. A quick call to a member of media relations can confirm wall heights and other details.

Look at how the left field wall is!

See here is an image of the real stadium, the wall is the same height to the left of the bullpen as the right:

See the following image of the Nationals Park I created for MVP Baseball 2005... mind you I built that using another stadium as a base... there was no Nationals Park in the game... I got the wall height correct. Why can't professionals.

I've edited and rebuilt stadiums for MVP 2005. I edited the majority of the stadiums in MVP using tools created by the community and fixed many of EA's inaccuracies' I cannot understand why professionals fail to get these details right and an amateur can. Please 2K get these major things right, for once and all.

And why would you add fake buildings with a giant add to a stadium that doesn't feature it (Wrigley)?

This is Oriole Park at Camden Yards allegedly... I think there may be a velociraptor in that center field jungle.

# 23 modog123 @ 02/14/09 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
What kind of restrictions could you possibly have when it comes to colors, wall heights and defining features? A wall height is integral to gameplay what should be a homerun is going to bounce off a wall. Ridiculous. A quick search on Flickr and you can up-to-date photos to base your stadiums off. I can take some time and supply you all with a little research if you like. I mean I've been rebuilding stadiums in MVP for the last five years. I know how to find this information.

I am most impressed by Busch and GABP and least impressed by Nationals Park, Metrodome and Fenway. US Cellular is butchered as well.

Look at how the left field wall is! That's supposed to be nine feet or so, not 27 feet!

See here is an image of the real stadium, the wall is the same height to the left of the bullpen as the right:

See the following image of the Nationals Park I created for MVP Baseball 2005... mind you I built that using another stadium as a base... there was no Nationals Park in the game... I got the wall height correct. Why can't professionals.

This is Oriole Park at Camden Yards allegedly... Big O you got your work cut out for you. I think there may be a velociraptor in that center field jungle.
I think he was talking about restrictions in the ballpark that limit the pictures that could be taken in replay mode, not restrictions as far as the way the stadium artists were able to put together the stadiums. Someone asked earlier if it was easier to take pictures in replay mode this year.

# 24 Blzer @ 02/14/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
What kind of restrictions could you possibly have when it comes to colors, wall heights and defining features?
LOL when he answered this, he was referring to the boundaries of where you can go in replay mode with the stadium. With most every sports game, you're restricted to just views on the field. I myself have found workarounds in replay mode for World Series Baseball 2K3 (and zooming out to get a damn good view of the stadium!) and ESPN Major League Baseball, but they have since then corrected those little glitches.

What I mean is there are some shots where he's actually able to get in the stands, rather than just right in front of the wall, for screencaps. Hopefully that makes sense.

Nice mod, though!

# 25 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I think, instead of publishers wasting money on sponsorships, they should take the route of All-Star Baseball 2004...Parody Ads.

"Rubels" instead of Rogers

"PJS" instead of PNC

"Dr. Cooper" instead of "Dr. Pepper", "SCOTT" instead of Geico...

-----

Man, just seeing these screens makes me remember how good of a game ASB2004 was...I may just pick a used copy of that up in the next few days...
MAn I miss All Star Baseball

# 26 EASPORTSGUY @ 02/14/09 01:03 PM

Where's the path from the mound to home.
Also....the dirt around home is shaped like homeplate.

I'm not happy with this, however I'm still looking forward to the game.

# 27 crumpled_heap @ 02/14/09 01:04 PM
I see they updated Miller Park by opening the window panels so you can see outside now. But do the window panels close when the roof is closed or are they always open no matter what?

# 28 theaub @ 02/14/09 01:17 PM
I miss ASB with their ZAP ads.

Anyhow, Rogers Centre in this game last year was brutal (no flame, it seriously was). This year it looks a lot better. Outside of the lack of scoreboards/out of town stuff (which may be just because its in replay mode), it looks pretty photo-realistic.

And good on them for getting the blue facade on there, as well as the black for the hitters eye. It would be nice if, well, ahem.

# 29 theaub @ 02/14/09 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The Stadiums look good to me. You can tell which Stadiums is which. That is all that matters to me. You have to realize Stadiums change something every year.
Yeah exactly. For example, the car thing the Jays have in CF? It won't be there this year since GM cut their sponsorship with the Jays. But like, I'm not going to complain if its still there.

I only complain about stuff they've missed for a year

# 30 lnin0 @ 02/14/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
Look at how the left field wall is! That's supposed to be nine feet or so, not 27 feet!
Apparently stadium accuracy this year has been sacraficed for product placement. The short LF wall left no space for the State Farm ad to fit on it so VC changed the stadium. Just as they added an entirely new huge billboard to CF at Wrigley. What really stinks if you are one of the season ticker holders with seats behind the new 27 ft wall since it appears the seats are on the same slope they would be with the 9 ft wall.

# 31 Pirate @ 02/14/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The Stadiums look good to me. You can tell which Stadiums is which. That is all that matters to me. You have to realize Stadiums change something every year.
What about the height of a wall? That affects gameplay. This is something easily researched. But they fail to do the easy work that would go a long way in realism.

# 32 HK-47 @ 02/14/09 01:43 PM
VC needs to calm the hell down with all these ads...I won't be drinking pepsi anytime soon, so just stop.Soda has Asparatame in it, which is really bad for you.(also most chewing gums)

One or two is fine, but 5-10 of the same freakin' ad right next to each other, is just overkill.

# 33 buzzguy @ 02/14/09 01:49 PM
I'm more of a "Coke Zero" guy, but I can live with all the Pepsi ads. As long as the game plays and moves well, I'm happy.

# 34 crumpled_heap @ 02/14/09 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Soda has Asparatame in it, which is really bad for you.
Wrong. Only Diet soda has aspartame in it.

# 35 allBthere @ 02/14/09 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbot
Is it me or is Rodgers Centre alittle to bright with its blue in the outfield?
yeah the skydome has walls a bit darker, but to me, the dome's never looked so good in a game.

...and we're not a pepsi fest either

# 36 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/09 02:05 PM
I think, like most games before it, it's hit and miss (although there does see to be more "miss," unfortunately). Some look pretty good, some look like trash. It happens to an extent in every game. Not saying it's an excuse or right, but so it goes

I just hope they at least look a little sharper (in terms of color, definition, etc) when we play it at home in HD. Some look more like casual renderings than "next gen" graphics. I say all this without regards to Fenway, of course (horrible)

Oh, drink Coke and go with Progressive

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but here's also hoping that the PC version can be modded well and fix some of the abominations (Like Fenway and Wrigley's State Farm atrocity).

# 37 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/14/09 02:27 PM
Guys I understand the ads maybe a little over-board, but let's remember people like Pepsi & State Farm pay to have those ads in the game. This is another way for companies to make extra money to cover development cost.

Developing Next-Gen games is expensive. Sports Games aren't the only genre doing this, other genres have begun to do this also. Get used to it everyone cause it's becoming more & more of a norm in video games

# 38 Pirate @ 02/14/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Apparently stadium accuracy this year has been sacraficed for product placement. The short LF wall left no space for the State Farm ad to fit on it so VC changed the stadium. Just as they added an entirely new huge billboard to CF at Wrigley. What really stinks if you are one of the season ticker holders with seats behind the new 27 ft wall since it appears the seats are on the same slope they would be with the 9 ft wall.

State Farm has a horizontal add in the game that would fit on a shorter wall...

# 39 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/09 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Guys I understand the ads maybe a little over-board, but let's remember people like Pepsi & State Farm pay to have those ads in the game. This is another way for companies to make extra money to cover development cost.

Developing Next-Gen games is expensive. Sports Games aren't the only genre doing this, other genres have begun to do this also. Get used to it everyone cause it's becoming more & more of a norm in video games
True, but I think this is the most blatent I've ever seen. I mean Pepsi and State Farm (Pepsi mainly) really got their money's worth...lol.

# 40 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/14/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
True, but I think this is the most blatent I've ever seen. I mean Pepsi and State Farm (Pepsi mainly) really got their money's worth...lol.
True, next it will be a part the uniforms ala Japan

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.