Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. After adjusting a few more sliders, it's getting better. Still not quite there yet, just waiting for the Devs or Producers to get back to me.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 02/16/09 07:12 PM
Timmay!

Once again, I feel like I'm in a different stadium, and I think it solely has to do with the lighting position. That, or I'm just not used to seeing Chase Field when it's open.

Time to watch the video!

# 2 myghty @ 02/16/09 07:16 PM
ZOMG! He took a 3rd strike!

# 3 MattNYY @ 02/16/09 07:17 PM
Thats freaky how realistic that video looked!

# 4 RGmoney @ 02/16/09 07:20 PM
Nice lighting in the stadium. So glad to see a called 3rd-strike.

# 5 The Living Legend @ 02/16/09 07:20 PM
Looked good, hey steve your using last years pitching right?...Looks alot more fun then the simplistic method they got for this year.

Its hard to comment on things like crowd and animations cause they only have so much for a beta... but anyway the crowd looks like its on a bench and not individual seats, other then that it was nice to see a seeing eye single. Nice to see the comp taking that 3rd strike.

# 6 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 07:22 PM
Steve what Sliders are you messing with?

# 7 buzzguy @ 02/16/09 07:26 PM
Wow! One of the best vids yet! Nice to see the AI not swing on that last pitch...very promising overall.
Thanks for more 2K9 goodness, Steve!

# 8 Steve_OS @ 02/16/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Steve what Sliders are you messing with?
Contact, Success and Inside Edge. Just something is missing...

# 9 nemesis04 @ 02/16/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
After the adjustment what are they still doing that seems off?

# 10 Checmate101 @ 02/16/09 07:32 PM
Like what I saw there...Like tim just fooling young

# 11 Steve_OS @ 02/16/09 07:33 PM
Yes, they are still swinging, no worries there, lol. Not much less than before, but it is less.

# 12 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/16/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
How LOW/HIGH do you have success? We've thrown some ideas around & think success might be how a player approaches an AB

# 13 Spanky @ 02/16/09 07:34 PM
Thanks Steve, and keep them coming, if you can.

Maybe it's just the hopeless sports video gaming geek in me, but I'm really looking forward to this game, as I've yet to experience a good baseball game, since I own a 360.

# 14 drterb @ 02/16/09 07:34 PM
Steve, Have you seen any other Double Play animation besides the one in this video??

It seems like it is the same animation in all of the game play videos I've watched. It would be nice to know if there are different double play animations and take out slides.

BTW, thanks for all the images and videos!!

# 15 Steve_OS @ 02/16/09 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
After the adjustment what are they still doing that seems off?
Still seeing them swing a bit too much in the zone. But like I said, it's getting better. I'm seeing them actually start to swing at balls outside the zone now as well. So things are getting a bit more promising on that end.

# 16 Steve_OS @ 02/16/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
Steve, Have you seen any other Double Play animation besides the one in this video??

It seems like it is the same animation in all of the game play videos I've watched. It would be nice to know if there are different double play animations and take out slides.

BTW, thanks for all the images and videos!!
Same DP anims, for the most part. I mean there is one where the 2nd/SS look home, as they throw to 1st, but then you'll see some where they actually do look at 1st before firing. There are no take out slides, as mentioned in my hands-on preview.

# 17 PVarck31 @ 02/16/09 07:40 PM
Thanks again Steve. I am extremely impressed with what I have seen so far. Would you say its pretty safe to say its leaps and bounds better than 2k8?

Oh and can you please show a vid of the tribe in Progressive field.

# 18 -Boss- @ 02/16/09 08:37 PM
Did you listen to me and make this video!? Anyways, great video and game looks great. Although from the other video, it seems like there are a lot of double plays.

I am not the biggest fan of baseball, but is the amount of double plays a good number to what happens in real games, or are they excessive?

# 19 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/16/09 08:51 PM
Is anyone else in love with the commentary? Just the first batter alone I heard more things about baseball than any of the crap that I heard last year.

I'm very impressed.

# 20 Skyboxer @ 02/16/09 09:12 PM
I know what the show is bringing to the table and I'll be all over it like nothing but there's something about this game that is grabbing me. Can't wait to play. Good year to be a baseball fan.......

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.