Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one features the new roster vault.

Quote:
"Following in the footsteps of the My Slider feature, we’ve put more control in the user’s hands. Community shared content leverages the creativity of user’s like you. And if you’re one of the users that love to customize rosters and share with others, you know how difficult it’s been in the past to relay your settings to other users. The Roster Vault in MLB 09 The Show solves that problem. The Roster Vault allows you to make all your roster changes (some new to this year), save them off, and upload them for others to download and use."

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 countryboy @ 02/17/09 08:01 PM
One thing I was wondering is if there could be enough community involvement to tackle the minor league rosters the same way the guys in the NCAA B-Ball forum did for its rosters.

They had several people get together and pass the roster file back and forth until completed. They named over 300 teams in about a week's time. Pretty impressive.

Knight, if you're reading, since you're the roster guru, what do you think about an idea like this?

# 2 nemesis04 @ 02/17/09 08:02 PM
Ramone, did they give an option where you could modify the uploaded roster or slider set instead of recreating another one?

# 3 countryboy @ 02/17/09 08:04 PM
Russell, is there a profanity check on the rosters? One of the problems encountered with the NCAA B-Ball roster file was that the game determined some names to be profanity, thus not allowing the roster to be uploaded. Is there something similar to that with the Show roster vault?

# 4 theaub @ 02/17/09 08:05 PM
Tim Lince***!

# 5 countryboy @ 02/17/09 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Tim Lince***!
Exactly.

I understood its purpose, but man, it was a pain in the butt to try and figure out which names it was considering profane.

# 6 theaub @ 02/17/09 08:14 PM
But in all seriousness, if this goes down I could help out with the Blue Jays.

edit: I'd probably be better suited to just do the info sheet again (which I'll do after my last exam on the 2nd). So yeah.

# 7 ty5oke @ 02/17/09 08:16 PM
I definitely would be free to enter in some of the data. I'm usually up late on the west coast so it might be a good time for some work to be put into the rosters. I wouldn't want to come up with the attributes myself, but if provided to me I could enter in some of the players to make things go faster.

# 8 the_riot @ 02/17/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One thing I was wondering is if there could be enough community involvement to tackle the minor league rosters the same way the guys in the NCAA B-Ball forum did for its rosters.

They had several people get together and pass the roster file back and forth until completed. They named over 300 teams in about a week's time. Pretty impressive.

Knight, if you're reading, since you're the roster guru, what do you think about an idea like this?
I think the attention to detail that was evident in last year's full minors would prevent this from being a viable option. I downloaded the ncaa file when I rented that game last week, and looking at Iowa's roster alone told me there was very little done besides the naming of the players.

# 9 countryboy @ 02/17/09 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riot
I think the attention to detail that was evident in last year's full minors would prevent this from being a viable option. I downloaded the ncaa file when I rented that game last week, and looking at Iowa's roster alone told me there was very little done besides the naming of the players.
thats what I'm referencing is just naming the players. I, myself, don't like to have any ratings or attributes edited.

# 10 Knight165 @ 02/17/09 08:32 PM
Quote:

I gotta be honest...
That wouldn't interest me at all.
Too many cooks...you know the rest...

M.K.
Knight165

# 11 Speedy @ 02/17/09 08:34 PM
I'm assuming, Knight, that the intros, chants, jeers, etc. that would normally be assigned to players on the roster would be lost once its uploaded...correct?

# 12 countryboy @ 02/17/09 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I gotta be honest...
That wouldn't interest me at all.
Too many cooks...you know the rest...

M.K.
Knight165
thats cool man. Just throwing out the idea.

# 13 the_riot @ 02/17/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
thats what I'm referencing is just naming the players. I, myself, don't like to have any ratings or attributes edited.
You are very lucky. I just can't stop myself from tuning these games. Even worse is I don't really have the time, and I rarely get any meaningful dynasty play started.

# 14 Russell_SCEA @ 02/17/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ramone, did they give an option where you could modify the uploaded roster or slider set instead of recreating another one?
Let me check can't promise I'll get to it today remind me on Wednesday if you don't hear back

# 15 Knight165 @ 02/17/09 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'm assuming, Knight, that the intros, chants, jeers, etc. that would normally be assigned to players on the roster would be lost once its uploaded...correct?
Yes.
Any newly loaded roster must have all the intro/cheers/jeers reset.
Maybe they could work on something that would tag anything on your drive automatically for the future....maybe load an entire folder of clips(walk ups) that are assigned numbers...and the game would just use that if you assigned it.

As it stands...I'm hoping somebody comes up with a set for the Full Minors(or even the default/updated SCEA rosters)...so we can each do it on our own.

Thanks for adding a feature like the Roster Vault. It will be easier to upload and download the rosters as there were MANY()....requests on a step by step process to load the Full Minors last year.

I'm wondering...what prompted you guys to do this?
Just a natural step from the "sharing the sliders" feature?

M.K.
Knight165

# 16 abbbsinthe @ 02/17/09 09:55 PM
Knight you truly are the MAN!!!!Not only is the Show the greatest game Ever, but you my friend have turned it into an absolute masterpiece with your hard work! Seriously they should just hire you to develop next seasons installment! Geez only 13 more days I just cant handle the wait! Plus the release of the new U2 album what a day itll be! Playin the Show while listening to my favorite bands new album-HEAVEN!

# 17 Knight165 @ 02/17/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbsinthe
Knight you truly are the MAN!!!!Not only is the Show the greatest game Ever, but you my friend have turned it into an absolute masterpiece with your hard work! Seriously they should just hire you to develop next seasons installment! Geez only 13 more days I just cant handle the wait! Plus the release of the new U2 album what a day itll be! Playin the Show while listening to my favorite bands new album-HEAVEN!
I've read and re-read this post about 100 times already.
Try as I might...Try as I may.....there was not one thing in here I can argue with.

(Oh yeah...how's Uncle Vinny?....can't wait to see you guys at Easter...I'll have your 20 spot then)

Seriously...thank you......but I see how hard those guys work...I'll keep my day job!

M.K.
Knight165

# 18 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/18/09 01:43 AM
OH RC?????????????

Where you at man?

# 19 cdub1014 @ 02/18/09 04:02 PM
Knight just out of curiosity, how long do you expect the minors set to take this year? Same time frame as last year? Just wondering because you do a great job and I can't wait to get a franchise started with the full minors set and audio added in as well!

# 20 Knight165 @ 02/18/09 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub1014
Knight just out of curiosity, how long do you expect the minors set to take this year? Same time frame as last year? Just wondering because you do a great job and I can't wait to get a franchise started with the full minors set and audio added in as well!
Hard to say.
I'm trying to set them up a little more ahead of time...more than I did last year.
I'm hoping by mid April.
I'll definitely keep you guys updated as I go along.

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.