Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

After playing with the sliders even more, I am confident we will be able to tweak the AI to swing at balls inside and outside the strike zone. I'm seeing more strike 3's "looking" as well as swinging. Here is a new Major League Baseball 2K9 video, that shows a little bit of it. After capturing the video, I went ahead and took control of the Indians and mowed down the AI batters, striking out 4 of 6, before calling it a night. Enjoy.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 myghty @ 02/19/09 01:24 AM
Woop!

# 2 Blzer @ 02/19/09 01:32 AM
Pretty nice video, but I'm missing the real-time stuff when you're playing Hurry Up Baseball. I'm also liking that fielding camera less and less... it took me until the last cut scene in the video to find out that it was a night game and not an overcast game.

And is Steve Phillips Canadian? In every video I've seen, I swear that he's slipping into an accent a bit. It sounds just a wee bit different from how he sounds on TV, that's all.

Very nice video, though! Not much hit variety in the actual video, but it's nice to see the slider tweaks. I can't wait for a demo!

# 3 RedLine @ 02/19/09 01:33 AM
Nice video.

It looks like watching AI vs. AI games could be more fun this year. The game looks to play a pretty realistc game, and the camera angles are sweet!

Good to hear you have been able to tune the sliders too, that should make everyone happy.

Keep em coming...

# 4 sandmac @ 02/19/09 01:34 AM
SLOW DOWN!!!

We'd like to see the presentation as much as the game play.
Please allow the broadcast elements to play out for those considering the game!
The user just buttons through every cut-away.

# 5 Marino @ 02/19/09 01:34 AM
Gary Thorne just sounds amazing on this game. Seems like Steve Phillips though is Rex Hudler-esque.

# 6 dlasp66 @ 02/19/09 01:46 AM
Steve Phillips= The man both in real life and in the virtual world

# 7 jeffy777 @ 02/19/09 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
After playing with the sliders even more, I am confident we will be able to tweak the AI to swing at balls inside and outside the strike zone. I'm seeing more strike 3's "looking" as well as swinging.
Great news, thanks Steve!!

# 8 NumberOneRB @ 02/19/09 02:03 AM
The commentary is just FILTHY.

# 9 elTodd @ 02/19/09 02:23 AM
Well, I'm sold. I mean I already was seeing as how I'm a sucker for any baseball game, but this game is looking better and better each day. The real-time stuff was enough for me, but seeing as that my only concern seems to be fixable is just icing on the cake.

March is going to be the start of the demise of my academic career.

# 10 PVarck31 @ 02/19/09 02:28 AM
Thanks for showing the Indians and the Pro. Looking good.

# 11 SoxFan01605 @ 02/19/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlasp66
Steve Phillips= The man both in real life and in the virtual world
lol...Man...I WISH I could find a drug that made me believe that for a second

Thanks for another video Steve. Still kinda concerns me (CPU swinging), but it does look better. Hopefully the final build will really make a difference here, in addition to those tweaks.

Is it me, or are there too many singles where the ball seems popped up and then short-hops the OF? I've noticed that particular hit in several of the videos now, it seems.

I agree with Blzer too...I like the fielding camera less and less (maybe that's part of the short hop thing...trouble reading the ball Steve?))

Anyway, hit variety is still a concern as well, but we'll see how the final copy turn out.

Thanks again

# 12 Marino @ 02/19/09 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Thanks for showing the Indians and the Pro. Looking good.
Can't really call it the Jake anymore huh.

# 13 myghty @ 02/19/09 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Anyway, hit variety is still a concern as well, but we'll see how the final copy turn out.

Thanks again
If you read Steve's preview he said there is a good amount of hit variety in the game.

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 02/19/09 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
If you read Steve's preview he said there is a good amount of hit variety in the game.
I know, I read it. He said "it has to be seen to be believed." Or something along those lines. I trust his judgement but I haven't seen, so it's still a concern for me...that's all.

I'll happily change my tune if I see otherwise

# 15 sirwoodz @ 02/19/09 02:42 AM
Man this game looks beautiful.

# 16 Ltrain44 @ 02/19/09 02:47 AM
Is this an earlier copy? Because it seems to be running at 30fps. I know the g4 video was very smooth.

# 17 alwayz0npoint @ 02/19/09 02:50 AM
Game is looking crack cant wait

# 18 rckabillyRaider @ 02/19/09 03:07 AM
I just bought my ps3 this week so I can get the show, but this game is looking pretty good. Has a very good TV presentation fell to it and the crowd seems very life-like and reacts appropriately. I think I will have to buy this on my 360 as well

# 19 rock85 @ 02/19/09 03:18 AM
Thanks for the vid Steve. Man that commentary sounds really good, and it's great to see you were able to adjust sliders to get the CPU to swing/look

# 20 jeffy777 @ 02/19/09 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain44
Is this an earlier copy? Because it seems to be running at 30fps. I know the g4 video was very smooth.
The video was encoded at a lower framerate than the actual game. But yeah, the game in the G4 was almost certainly a newer version of the game.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.