Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Check out the new Major League Baseball 2K9 video, which features Griffey in a Mariners uniform.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 rckabillyRaider @ 02/20/09 09:12 PM
game looks solid. Looking forward to getting both baseball games this year. One question though: Was this supposed to be a weekday day game?? There are ALOT of businessmen with ties on in the stands. You dont see that on a regular basis in real life.

# 42 Alai @ 02/22/09 01:37 AM
Were they chanting "Griffey! Griffey!"!?

If they were, that's AWESOME.

I also hope they boo the hell out of A-ROD.

# 43 krazzed @ 02/22/09 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alai
Were they chanting "Griffey! Griffey!"!?

If they were, that's AWESOME.

I also hope they boo the hell out of A-ROD.
LOL I hope they do too, but I don't think they would have had time to implement that.

# 44 mwjr @ 02/23/09 09:02 AM
Very first play: is the 2nd baseman's feet on fire?

Those puffs of dust are ridiculous; they're everywhere. Even in the errors video the catcher jumps onto the green turf and puffs of dust float away.

Lord, that's annoying.

# 45 Qb @ 02/23/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
On the lolipops to second, he was to close to zip it. From a person that plays second base in myself, if i'm that close, I throw them lolipop over there.
True -- I actually got drilled in the temple playing first base in high school because the 2nd baseman rocketed one to me from about 10 feet away -- but the issue I was referring to is when the throwing animation doesn't match the speed of the throw. This often happens when an infielder will scoop a ground ball and throws quickly off-balance, only to have a lob come out. Does not compute...

If they're flat-footed, then it's fine. The user can control this to a degree by waiting for the fielder to set before throwing if you have time, but the AI will do as it pleases. The fielders (C/P/corner INFs) also could pull off some crazy throws on bunts or dribblers around the plate; I hope those have been weeded out for 2K9 or at least result in off-line or wild throws more often.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.