Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off some of the hit variety in the game, as well as a few defensive gems. Yes, the audio is a little off, as my software and encoding aren't playing nice for me.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 stealyerface @ 02/23/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
In all honesty the game could be made by Jesus himself and he would still complain about somthing
I am pretty sure Jesus would get the daylight progression right. What with the sunsets and all...

syf

# 62 jeffy777 @ 02/23/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Maybe he's not Christian...lol.

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with what Blzer posts at all. He at least does his best to support his claims and he's mostly quite constructive. Plus, from what I've seen, he's made it clear that he understands that some of this stuff bugs him more than others.

So, it's all good on my end
Yes, I agree. He's being constructive. Some people are just bothered by certain things more than others. So it's all good

# 63 Artman22 @ 02/23/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
I am pretty sure Jesus would get the daylight progression right. What with the sunsets and all...

syf
It was a joke

# 64 Artman22 @ 02/23/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Maybe he's not Christian...lol.

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with what Blzer posts at all. He at least does his best to support his claims and he's mostly quite constructive. Plus, from what I've seen, he's made it clear that he understands that some of this stuff bugs him more than others.

So, it's all good on my end
I think it's more like over analizing
But I dont have a Problem with BLZER. I just know he likes to complain a lot that's all

# 65 StatMan79 @ 02/23/09 05:05 PM
It's not amazing to you to see every frame of video combed over by folks looking to make their point that's already been broken down and shown to them that their worries have been put to rest (eg: progressive lighting).

Issues like that that are inconsequential to how the game is played that are being fretted upon heavily are what get me. If the game plays like garbage, no one cares if the sky is purple with aliens landing in centerfield at that point because it's just piling on to what's already a stinky pile of dung that you don't want to play anyhow.

If it plays fun and enjoyable, I don't care if its darker than midnight for a 7pm start or if the sun is blazing on the field at 5 pm. Doesn't matter to me. Instead, we're shown that the lighting is OK and that there'll be some kind of progression - but is it enjoyable to play? That's all. The presentation looks very solid, the commentary sounds great - that's all wonderful, just give me a game that doesn't play like crap - all the rest is meaningless if I don't enjoy playing the game.

# 66 stealyerface @ 02/23/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
It was a joke
Duh, I knew it had to be a joke. Everyone knows Jesus works for SONY.

syf

# 67 stealyerface @ 02/23/09 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan79

If it plays fun and enjoyable, I don't care if its darker than midnight for a 7pm start or if the sun is blazing on the field at 5 pm. Doesn't matter to me. Instead, we're shown that the lighting is OK and that there'll be some kind of progression - but is it enjoyable to play? That's all. The presentation looks very solid, the commentary sounds great - that's all wonderful, just give me a game that doesn't play like crap - all the rest is meaningless if I don't enjoy playing the game.
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

syf

# 68 SoxFan01605 @ 02/23/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan79
It's not amazing to you to see every frame of video combed over by folks looking to make their point that's already been broken down and shown to them that their worries have been put to rest (eg: progressive lighting).

Issues like that that are inconsequential to how the game is played that are being fretted upon heavily are what get me. If the game plays like garbage, no one cares if the sky is purple with aliens landing in centerfield at that point because it's just piling on to what's already a stinky pile of dung that you don't want to play anyhow.

I agree with that premise. My point is, however, that everyone enjoys different things with these games. The Show represents the sports very well, it's got good presentation, etc. Yet plenty just don't like it because they can't get into it (some for commentary, some for controls, whatever).

That doesn't make them wrong or "nit-picky" for not playing or pointing that view out IMO. Heck, some play and LOVE the game and still point out every last missing thing. It's just observations...some are more persistant than others is all...lol.

The same applies here. Not every game is going to be everything to everyone. The details do matter to plenty...it just depends on what details matter to you.

To be honest, it's also a case of the squeaky wheel theory to some degree as well. Some things would never get fixed unless certain people layed them out. Remember, the devs are supposedly "listening." Doesn't hurt as long as it's supported, IMO.

Oh well, I'm sure plenty will enjoy the game and plenty others will be pleasantly surprised. For the rest, F 'em (and that might include me too...lol), they're views (or my views, for that matter) shouldn't effect your enjoyment

# 69 StatMan79 @ 02/23/09 05:27 PM
Others views don't affect my enjoyment. There's a lot of buzzkills around here.

I'm very cautiously optimistic about this game and I'm hoping for the best out of it but the past makes me very wary.

# 70 Pyroboy829 @ 02/23/09 05:28 PM
Blzer, did you ever consider that the time played during the innings may have been longer than usual.

example: long at bats, errors, visits to the mound, pitching changes

i mean it does seem a little bit drastic but it can be explainable since the video shows mostly hits and not the entire game.

im surprised you didnt mention that the clouds move too quickly in the sky

# 71 Blzer @ 02/23/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroboy829
Blzer, did you ever consider that the time played during the innings may have been longer than usual.

example: long at bats, errors, visits to the mound, pitching changes

i mean it does seem a little bit drastic but it can be explainable since the video shows mostly hits and not the entire game.
I considered that heavily, but that would require a five hour inning. Not only that, this is the third video to show this.

Quote:
im surprised you didnt mention that the clouds move too quickly in the sky
Good point, because I actually did notice it... I really felt like that would be harsh to point out, though. That would just make Buzz Killington seem like the life of a party.

# 72 Ckhoss29 @ 02/23/09 05:37 PM
Well I like what I saw and I will be buying first day. As for the progressive lighting I don't really care about that, nor do I care if they have clouds moving too fast or if a guy has way too many sunflower seeds in his mouth at one time.

I think the game looks good overall and me with only one choice is very pleased that I will be enjoying my pretend baseball season on my video game console. You guys should really hear how nitpicky you are, I would hate to see you tear apart a game like grand theft auto or fallout 3.

# 73 Pyroboy829 @ 02/23/09 05:39 PM
yea, i agree with you blzer, i guess im just trying to be optimistic.

maybe there was some catastrophic event that held up the game

# 74 cheechoo98 @ 02/23/09 06:33 PM
I like all the vids...

Question tho': is there only one throw animation for outfielders?
As well, I saw the 2nd baseman do a 'crow-hop' to home on the relay. Could have implications on scoring...

oh well, can't wait for the DEMO!

# 75 PVarck31 @ 02/23/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroboy829
yea, i agree with you blzer, i guess im just trying to be optimistic.

maybe there was some catastrophic event that held up the game
Actually, I wasn't supposed to say anything, but Steve told me that a meteor hit near the stadium. They had a 5 hour and 13 minute delay because of it. Its amazing that VC allows these variable events to happen!

# 76 DreamWeb @ 02/23/09 06:39 PM
I haven't played a baseball game since MVP 2005 (2008 modification). I played MVP to death.

Now, overall I think this game is looking quite good... but, it seems to me that MVP nailed it with the Picture-in-Pictures superimposed over the mini-diamond. This allowed a perfect view of what your baserunners were doing at any given time.

2K9 seems to be a huge departure from that. In fact, it looks downright ugly.. and takes away functionality.

Why on earth would they do this?

d.

# 77 King Gro23 @ 02/23/09 07:08 PM
Just a note I dont know if many of you actually thought of it, but
In the past if you did play game , say you play mlb in december i remember 2k7 or 2k8 had it, it would be dark the same time i would be in december. like 6 pm .
I think it had the total of automatic or system clock ?
it gets dark now around 7 so that could be the jump

# 78 ARMORALLL @ 02/23/09 07:32 PM
Wow did anybody else notice how off Ichiros follow through is? In real life he falls out of the box in his follow through in the direction of first base. For a company like 2K that markets the signature style so much you think they could fix something so obvious!

# 79 The Bimmer @ 02/23/09 08:03 PM
I really like the hit variety and field dimensions, but the sound effects dude in charge of the ball making contact with the bat really STINKS!!!!! This just ruins everything for me.

# 80 SoxFan01605 @ 02/23/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I really like the hit variety and field dimensions, but the sound effects dude in charge of the ball making contact with the bat really STINKS!!!!! This just ruins everything for me.
Are you talking the actual bat sound or the delay? The delay (or mis-timed audio) is a result of the video capture and not a game issue.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.