Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 blog, which talks about improvements to the QB position.

Quote:
"I'm back again folks, bringing you some more additions and improvements that you can expect to see in Madden NFL 10. This week, I'm going to focus primarily on the QB position and show some of the improvements we've made for this year. First off, I'm going to talk about a new animation technology that we can call "layered blending".

Layered Blending
"Layered blending? I thought you were going to talk about quarterbacks?" You'll see shortly how this works for QB's. First, a quick lesson on what blending is. Anytime a player transitions from one animation to another, he will use a 'blend' of his previous animation into the next animation. When you don't have a nice smooth blend, you'll get poppy / hitching animations. If you make blends that are too long, you can easily not have the correct amount of control over your player (he can feel very 'sluggish' or unresponsive). The most common types of blends are linear, ease in, and ease out. Those just refer to how many frames of either the previous or current animation you use while blending. For Madden NFL 10 though, we've added something new - the ability to actually separate the blends out between different parts of the body. We call this layered blending because it allows us to create different layered animation by blending one part of the body out quicker or slower based on the needs of the game. So how does it relate to QB's? Well, how often has this happened to you?"

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Pakeege10 @ 03/24/09 07:59 PM
So as far as the QB passing, are there going to be different passing speeds. For example like a bullet pass, touch pass, pressure sensitive or something. Cause 09 was either a bullet pass or a lob pass, no english on it. Just a thought.

# 202 rudyjuly2 @ 03/25/09 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
49ers did that a few times last season. I recall one time where there was an even deeper drop back on a crossing route in the endzone. I believe it was against the Jets.

I'll find a vid later, but it was at least 9 steps.

The point being that you will occassionally see that sort of thing, but only from crazies like Mike Martz and the like.
Mike Martz is certainly unique that way. He hates scrambling QBs. He wants a QB that goes through all his progressions, takes deep drops and gets smoked a lot.

No matter what people say about Martz, after he leaves a team the offense is usually a lot worse. NFL head coaches seem to prefer boring, conservative and crappy offenses over "out of the box" offensive thinking that actually scores points!

# 203 mikeveli20 @ 03/29/09 03:12 PM
I'm sure this has been asked or discussed already, but since NCAA does not have these new QB ratings, how are imported players' attributes going to be calculated?

# 204 MrDhWhat @ 04/05/09 05:01 PM
a lot better. i like to see all the little major changes, helps with game play and feel.

# 205 Mofficial @ 04/05/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
49ers did that a few times last season. I recall one time where there was an even deeper drop back on a crossing route in the endzone. I believe it was against the Jets.

I'll find a vid later, but it was at least 9 steps.

The point being that you will occassionally see that sort of thing, but only from crazies like Mike Martz and the like.
I hope the new passing ratings and QB improvements as well as OL/DL interaction can stop players from dropping back 25 steps and trying to throw.

# 206 Mofficial @ 04/05/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
If theres a new rating for "throwing in the grasp" then Roethlisberger should defiantly be the best at it

Exhibit A: 1st play of the vid

Speaking of grasp... could we get "grasp" sacks? where the defender is able to lunge at the QB and grab his clothes to bring him down? And the time the QB has to throw the ball depends on his strength, awareness, throw power and accuracy ratings?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.