Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers Online Season Leagues and Improvements.

Quote:
"The draft system rivals that of any fantasy sports system. It allows from 6-30 players to hold a FULL LIVE Draft, with the ability to set your draft day/time, pick timer/length, chat (and harass), view the Player Card/stats of available players, view the Player Card stats of other users in your league drafting. Another integral part of the draft system is the ability to set you draft queue. No matter how much planning you do, there’s always a chance you can’t physically be at your draft, or you may not be able to stay for the entire draft."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 green94 @ 02/23/09 08:58 PM
YES!

# 2 SoxFan01605 @ 02/23/09 08:58 PM
Don't play online much myself, but it sounds like they got some solid work done.

# 3 Shakedowncapo @ 02/23/09 09:01 PM
I see no confirmation of camera angles..

And we'll see come release day...Not trusting anything lag wise right now(unfortunately)

# 4 green94 @ 02/23/09 09:04 PM
Didn't play any online last year, what's up with the camera angles?

# 5 NikSaban @ 02/23/09 09:15 PM
Great features but I don't have confidence in their online stability.

# 6 phillyfan23 @ 02/23/09 09:22 PM
This is all great info ...but the jury is still out on online play. If the game isn't smooth and there is still some lag, all of these features will be meaningless to me.

Just like i said when the previews came, if the game didn't up the hitting difficulty and improve hitting engine, all the other features would have been meaningless to me. ( By the way, the hitting engine this year is the best thing since sliced bread)

Same deal with online.....we will find out when we get the game. Hopefully the game experience is smooth as butter...but I'm not holding my breath.

# 7 sa012 @ 02/23/09 09:24 PM
Persistent Chat - ability to maintain a seat and interaction in a game room, even after leaving. This is perfect for League Chat rooms

What does this mean for in game chatting? Is it open mic?

# 8 preztommy @ 02/23/09 09:25 PM
Sounds good. But we'll have to see how the game plays online first. It was terrible last year.

# 9 Knight165 @ 02/23/09 09:26 PM
Man...why all the hate!?

Some guys are very interested in this.
The flex schedule and online draft with the queue is big to guys in online leagues.

M.K.
Knight165

# 10 Randiesel75 @ 02/23/09 09:44 PM
Persistent Chat =
Excellent addition, well done. This allows more transparity for league teams looking to chat post-game. Now rather than having side conversation individually with others about your last game bragging rights or upsets, this can be done as a group for all who have entered the lobby.

Square to forfeit opponent instead of X (not allowing accidental forfeit) =
Another excellent addition. Had a few league games end this way last year which caused much heartache for me (Commissioner) as teams were outraged.

# 11 green94 @ 02/23/09 09:45 PM
Quick question for guys who played last year...

Is fatigue implemented online or will I be facing #1 starters all of the time?

# 12 Randiesel75 @ 02/23/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Well, if they would have shown it there still would have been people all over it. You realize these devs don't have to come here, don't have to post a blog. You could lighten up a bit. I want online lag free too, but geez...."more bs, who cares"?
Exactely Jim, just another typical J.O. with nothing postive to add.

# 13 Seahawk84 @ 02/23/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa012
Persistent Chat - ability to maintain a seat and interaction in a game room, even after leaving. This is perfect for League Chat rooms

What does this mean for in game chatting? Is it open mic?
Yeah...I can't believe they didn't quite explain themselves with this one. I take that as still no in game chat.

# 14 dmbfan1970 @ 02/23/09 09:53 PM
I was hoping for more information such as mic, camera angles, batting view, framerate/lag, etc but we'll find out soon enough ourselves.

Knight -

I play in a good league but we don't use the PS Network league setup. We had a question regarding rosters can you play with the weekly updated rosters or are you stuck with the roster when you created the league?

# 15 Knight165 @ 02/23/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
I was hoping for more information such as mic, camera angles, batting view, framerate/lag, etc but we'll find out soon enough ourselves.

Knight -

I play in a good league but we don't use the PS Network league setup. We had a question regarding rosters can you play with the weekly updated rosters or are you stuck with the roster when you created the league?
I'll see if I can find out.

M.K.
Knight165

# 16 sa012 @ 02/23/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk84
Yeah...I can't believe they didn't quite explain themselves with this one. I take that as still no in game chat.
There is in game chatting. Probably just like last year, you press in L3 and it was turned on. Problem is you hit L3 all the time and you keep turning it off so you and your opponent never really get to chat. A on screen mic indicator would be perfect.

# 17 Shakedowncapo @ 02/23/09 09:59 PM
Those additions are fine...but give me a break with this "bu but a lot of people love this!!" mess. The game online has been unplayable for the past 2 years. The skeptism and slights are warranted towards the online team(in my opinion of course)

But again, we'll see come march 3rd..

P.S. I love how Street Fighter 4 plays online

# 18 Knight165 @ 02/23/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Those additions are fine...but give me a break with this "bu but a lot of people love this!!" mess. The game online has been unplayable for the past 2 years. The skeptism and slights are warranted towards the online team(in my opinion of course)

But again, we'll see come march 3rd..

P.S. I love how Street Fighter 4 plays online

I got no problem with guys questioning how well the game is playing online.
What does that have to do with guys saying..."who gives a crap?" about online though?

M.K.
Knight165

# 19 dmbfan1970 @ 02/23/09 10:06 PM
Knight -

thanks for finding this out for me. we would really like to use the in game league setup but we want updated rosters each week.

# 20 theaub @ 02/23/09 10:10 PM
I never had an issue with online last year and I most of the guys I played were from Europe/California.

So hopefully that sticks this year!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.