Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 05:42 AM
Wth is with the clogs of dirt cloud

# 22 ty5oke @ 02/24/09 05:42 AM
First AB - Rollins drops a drag bunt and I barely get him at first. Nice

# 23 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/09 05:44 AM
The graphics ... ho hum. Not nearly as good as the "official shots" 2K showed. Same screenshot deception.

Hit a HR my second at bat on the second pitch to left center. And the fielding cam made it feel almost like a little league sized park watching it leave the park.

Fielding cam just doesnt feel right. Way too high, makes the parks feel small. And you almost lose the sense of 3D. Hard to put my finger on it.

The bat sounds, my ears are bleeding. Same sound for EVERYTHING. Fouls, HR, grounder to second.

The animations are goofy, especially second base throwing those rainbows to first.

Stadiums, more in the crowds, but the really wide isles seem odd, and nothing else going on feels just baron and not alive. The stadiums dont seem that detailed either.

The real time cut-a-ways dont seem as cool for some reason. Maybe it is all the goofy animations you see in them, like the right fielder backing up second, and then looking like he is going into suicide sprint to get back the instant the out came.

It is much smoother than 2K8, that is for sure. During the pitching, at bat, and fielding, but the replays/cut-a-ways and foul balls you can tell the framerate dips down to 30FPS.

The commentary sounded good (anything is better than what it used to have). Need more time to see if it gets stale.

Grenade the organ.

Arcade Arcade Arcade. The meters, the fat looking strike zone with the ball cursor, the SWING TOO LATE font pops up after the particle effect flash. Ugh!

I know this is a demo, but man, not the behemoth of an improvement I was expecting like most on here were eluding to. Yes the framerate is improved, but the gameplay feels identical. Was hoping for a larger upgrade in that department.

# 24 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 05:47 AM
Iwamura looks like a seasame street character

# 25 SFGiantsPBA @ 02/24/09 05:48 AM
Pitching is tougher!

Fielder is tougher!

Must use Swing Stick to bat!

My pitcher is getting shelled really really bad!

# 26 ty5oke @ 02/24/09 05:49 AM
The huge ball cursor when pitching looks really bad. And I agree with the arcade-ish look, hopefully that can be turned off??

# 27 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 05:49 AM
Just finished my first game i los 1-0

# 28 elTodd @ 02/24/09 05:51 AM
One more thing before I hit the hay. I absolutely hate the baserunning controls. Should have had a few runs in the game, but didn't know which button to press. No in-game manual either.

Its going to take a while to get used to, but so far I'm not liking the controls at all.

Oh, and the demo is only 3 innings, even if its a tie after those 3. No extra innings.

# 29 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 05:51 AM
I dont like how you have to press A to switch fielders

# 30 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/09 05:52 AM
As for player models. A lot look wacky. Some look good.

Look at Chase Utley and his Massive hands and forearms when he is at bat using him. They all have small torsos, with fat butts, waist, and legs. Howard is laughable, looks short and pudgy in his stance. Ibanez looks like he has a 44 inch waist.

You want to talk about proportions, both games suffer now.

Like the bat boys.

# 31 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 05:54 AM
No demo on live for me. Oh well. I always seem to live in a place that is forgotten...lol.

Not really sweating it. Saw the impressions thread and was like "oh yeah...". I'm sure it will show later and I'll give it a try then.

# 32 ty5oke @ 02/24/09 05:54 AM
uhhh, just hit a grounder between 1st and 2nd, Howard fields it and with no one near the first base bag, he decides to chuck a shovel pass towards the tarp....

# 33 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
One more thing before I hit the hay. I absolutely hate the baserunning controls. Should have had a few runs in the game, but didn't know which button to press. No in-game manual either.

Its going to take a while to get used to, but so far I'm not liking the controls at all.

Oh, and the demo is only 3 innings, even if its a tie after those 3. No extra innings.
poop...lol. That kinda sucks.

# 34 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 05:55 AM
Yea the fielding controls are terrible i had 3 ball pass my players

# 35 tanner3 @ 02/24/09 05:56 AM
how do you throw it to the cut-off man??

# 36 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/09 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
No demo on live for me. Oh well. I always seem to live in a place that is forgotten...lol.

Not really sweating it. Saw the impressions thread and was like "oh yeah...". I'm sure it will show later and I'll give it a try then.
Go to Games Marketplace, All Games, and M, it should be there.

# 37 JoseBabyReyes @ 02/24/09 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

it should be there

go to Game Marketplace --> Browse All Games --> M --> MLB 2K9

# 38 ty5oke @ 02/24/09 05:57 AM
Gave up a walk-off HR to the Phillies, everyone comes out of the dugout. But that's it they all stand spread out about 5 ft from home-plate and don't congratulate him when he hits home. Maybe just a demo thing?? But I figure if they came out, there should be some kind of celebrating.

# 39 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/09 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
uhhh, just hit a grounder between 1st and 2nd, Howard fields it and with no one near the first base bag, he decides to chuck a shovel pass towards the tarp....

LOL, just as you said that, I hit a bloop ground ball which Kazmir fields... he underhands it to first, but never lead the first baseman and it rolled all the way to the tarp.

It was like he was throwing to an invisible first baseman that was already there, as the real first baseman was trying to get there.

So my runner on second scored after his double (that was not ruled a hit do to some error that never happened)

Horrible.

# 40 Brooklynnets24 @ 02/24/09 06:00 AM
I tell rollins to stop at 2nd and he still runs past the bag and then gets tagged our

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.