Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DaveDQ @ 02/24/09 08:58 AM
I have played 5 games now. The presentation in this game just really makes a positive impression on me. It's something that you look at and realize these are the things that can be done to take sports games to the next level. The combination of really fluid commentary and TV style presentation is very well done. For instance, if you notice at the end of an inning, Thorne will quickly brief you on the score and then fade to black. The return to action is a fade in of audio that makes you feel like the commercial went just a little bit long but came back just in time.

It's not perfect but Visual Concepts adds their touch here with a great presentation addition.

# 142 jvega @ 02/24/09 09:00 AM
hey guys where can i download the demo/

# 143 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I think it's because it's on easier difficulties. I think it's on Pro. I'm actually stricking guys out as well so i'm sure it's harder on the higher difficulties.
I agree...it's always been rediculous on pro. The bright side is, the CPU gets hits (and actually finally scored...lol) without the longball which is a welcome improvement.

Hopefully it gets a balance as you go up (meaning more difficult pitching, but not a HR fest). We'll see.

# 144 gallandro @ 02/24/09 09:05 AM
Enjoy the presentation. Graphics look good...

Pitching and batting controls are much improved. Baserunning controls not so much. The AI keeps swinging at everything in the zone..not good. AI really needs to be tweaked... fielding controls are pretty clunky.

The rainbow throw from 2nd to 1st on the double play is STILL in the game.

A rental for me.

# 145 WVNCTN @ 02/24/09 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennataos
Go to the demo, then All Downloads. It's there.
Sorry, but it is not there. A message from MS says "content not available, please try again later."

# 146 Artman22 @ 02/24/09 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
I'm one of those guys that was very dissapointed in 2K last year with 2K8, that game was pure garbage..really..especially after their 2K7 BB game that had a good future..2K7 was a well made and fun game.

I have to admit, I'm liking 2K9...not for the graphics, but the game play. Like someone here said, the game controls are tighter then 2K8's StreetFighter controls.

And yes, I did see the CPU get called on strikes a few times.

So, the funfactor is there with 2K9 and we haven't seen what the new Franchise engine will be like. That's where they really worked on for this year!..so there is hope!!

peace
Ernesto
About the controls being tighter? That was me lol

# 147 SoxFan01605 @ 02/24/09 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
About the controls being tighter? That was me lol
And me

One of the bigger positives IMO.

# 148 HK-47 @ 02/24/09 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvega
hey guys where can i download the demo/
Go to Game Market Place, then All Downloads, then search under games that start with an "M".

# 149 Fiddy @ 02/24/09 09:23 AM
im a huge 2k sports fan, but i must be growing tired of the series.

the demo, is yes just a demo.. but man, it just feels like the same old same to me.

same reason i returned nba 2k9 this year, just felt the same..

# 150 Artman22 @ 02/24/09 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership

# 151 ckarlic @ 02/24/09 09:24 AM
I wonder when the PS3 will get the demo. From reading the impressions I see more negatives than positives but I like to reserve judgement and see for myself. Here's to hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

# 152 HK-47 @ 02/24/09 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
Does the CPU pitcher throw balls?
Yeah, but not enough.

# 153 DaveDQ @ 02/24/09 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
Does the CPU pitcher throw balls?
Yes.

Also, those of you having issues with finding the demo, XBOX Live is having problems. I keep getting booted from Live. I was able to download it earlier by browsing the demo titles. It was under Sports and Rec.

# 154 rudyjuly2 @ 02/24/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I wonder when the PS3 will get the demo. From reading the impressions I see more negatives than positives but I like to reserve judgement and see for myself. Here's to hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
PS3 demos always come out Thursday (usually after 6-7 pm EST).

# 155 HK-47 @ 02/24/09 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

the demo, is yes just a demo.. but man, it just feels like the same old same to me.

I felt the same way after the first time playing it.I'm loving it now.

# 156 WVNCTN @ 02/24/09 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yes.

Also, those of you having issues with finding the demo, XBOX Live is having problems. I keep getting booted from Live. I was able to download it earlier by browsing the demo titles. It was under Sports and Rec.
Not there either....well, it's there but you can't download it now.

# 157 brendanrfoley @ 02/24/09 09:39 AM
This stinks; the demo is no longer available.

I went to MLB 2K9 in the list of demos. MLB 2K7 shows 2K9's box art, 2K9 has is listed but shows a a blank box, and the 2K9 demo is listed as "content unavailable."

This sucks.

# 158 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/24/09 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

The same for me. I returned NBA 2k9 for Live and I'm happy I have a PS3 cause i'm not getting MLB 2k9. Good luck with the game guys.

# 159 brendanrfoley @ 02/24/09 09:45 AM
I just found a work around for people having problems with XBox Live.

Sign into your XBOX.com account and add the demo to your queue. As soon as you power up your XBOX 360, it will start to download (as it is for me right now)!

# 160 ckarlic @ 02/24/09 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
This stinks; the demo is no longer available.

I went to MLB 2K9 in the list of demos. MLB 2K7 shows 2K9's box art, 2K9 has is listed but shows a a blank box, and the 2K9 demo is listed as "content unavailable."

This sucks.
Really. 2K must have heard the bad reviews and decided to pull back the demo..."No more demo for you" Nah, all jokes aside, that is strange.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.