Home
NASCAR 19 News Post

Maybe. Check out the article at FirstCuts.

Quote:
"EA's "NASCAR '09" game can still be purchased, but the formation of new games in that line is on hold.

"The old game was more for the simulation players, the serious gamers," said Randy Chase, EA's product marketing manager. "This is more lighthearted, something that's more fun for the entire family. We look at it as a respectful caricature of the sport."

Game: NASCAR 10Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 bravesfan1984 @ 02/28/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Pretty much, sad that an exlclusive contract had to kill off any new titles for sim racing when EA now admits defeat. Luckily there's a nice community for NR2003 that build mods, updated paint schemes, etc
well with the news of no new nascar game this year and all the talk about how great nascar 2003 on PC is, i need to find a way to get this game haha...where do you think i would be able to get the game today? probably ebay or something? also do you have the website of the community stuff for the game so if/when i get it i'll be able to update to 2009 stuff?

# 22 Mo @ 03/01/09 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
well with the news of no new nascar game this year and all the talk about how great nascar 2003 on PC is, i need to find a way to get this game haha...where do you think i would be able to get the game today? probably ebay or something? also do you have the website of the community stuff for the game so if/when i get it i'll be able to update to 2009 stuff?
Yup and be prepared to way too much for it. While the game is good, and the mods do keep the game alive and kicking, I don't know if paying upwards of $80 or more is worth it.

but if you do sites,
masgrafx.com
bhmotorsports.com

# 23 Solidice @ 03/01/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
but if you do sites,
masgrafx.com
bhmotorsports.com
to add to that:

rainbowpaintdesigns.net (a lot of cars/pit crews for download)
setup-guru.com (for track setups)
setupswap.com (another site for setups)
revampedreloaded.com (updated tracks)
saferbarrierproject.com (another site for track updates)
superspeedway.net (a lot of mods, including the COT mod, need to register to download the mods, it's free)

# 24 bravesfan1984 @ 03/01/09 04:54 PM
thats awesome guys..how hard is it to update the game and so forth? sorry for the questions but i have no clue about anything with this game/mods/updates etc.

# 25 Mo @ 03/01/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
thats awesome guys..how hard is it to update the game and so forth? sorry for the questions but i have no clue about anything with this game/mods/updates etc.
It's really easy, in most case its just download the file and place it in the right folder.
Some of the mods like the COT mod and others, is just download the file, and hit install and it does all the work.

# 26 Mo @ 03/02/09 12:51 AM
Also check out my arena, there's a few videos of NR 2003 in action as to what type of game your getting into, there's two version of a COT mod, (Earnhardt one is the SSnet. version, better version IMO), the Talladega one is just the game itself no mods, other than updated car skins.

# 27 KYLE BUSCH 18 @ 06/23/09 05:01 PM
COME ON EA I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NASCAR 10 I had saved ENOUGH TO BUY THE GAME and a PLAYSTATION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

# 28 KYLE BUSCH 18 @ 06/23/09 05:03 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!! EA man !!!!!!!!!!!!

# 29 superjames1992 @ 06/23/09 05:14 PM
Woah there.

# 30 Hokie20 @ 06/25/09 05:23 PM
Don't look now, but NASCAR is going to be in Gran Tourismo 5

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.