Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers camera flashes, field goal nets, Windsocks and swappable bowl endzones.

Quote:
"One small detail we added this year is camera flashes going off in the stands. The bigger the game, the more flashes will be going off. This will help give the bigger games that “big game” feel. We were able to borrow this from Madden NFL and are tuning the intensity of these now.

Field goal nets have been missing for too long, so we were sure to bring these to the current gen consoles this year. Nothing too exciting, but it brings a little more realism to the game. Another small detail you’ll notice are the wind socks on top of the goal posts. Want to add a challenge to the kicking game? Don’t look at the meter for the wind factor and use the socks instead."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 huskeraddict @ 02/26/09 09:13 PM
Maybe I didn't post that right

This is EA's version:

This is what it should be:

# 42 doctorhay53 @ 02/26/09 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, there are 120 teams in the game right now. I don't talk about NCAA 10 unless it is something I'm authorized to.

I'm not saying FCS IS in of course, I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered out at this point.
Never did I think I'd see the day when we put a game designer into 'I can neither confirm nor deny...' mode.

# 43 doctorhay53 @ 02/26/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict

This is EA's version:

Looks like the right font at a different aspect ratio to me.

# 44 Bwnarrow3 @ 02/26/09 09:17 PM
This game is going to be sick.

# 45 green94 @ 02/26/09 09:21 PM
It's crazy that this is the stuff we are getting excited over, but nonetheless, it shows these guys are serious about listening to the community and making this the best game possible.

Great job OMT!!! Keep up the great work!

# 46 prowler @ 02/26/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Looks like the right font at a different aspect ratio to me.
It's a different font but not by much, I wouldn't have noticed except the R is a lot different.

# 47 raidersbball20 @ 02/26/09 09:27 PM
all this little stuff is going to make the game great

# 48 doctorhay53 @ 02/26/09 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It's a different font but not by much, I wouldn't have noticed except the R is a lot different.
You're right, the A isn't uniformly thick either. Good eyes!

# 49 jdrhammer @ 02/26/09 09:32 PM
Adam, thanks for putting that up for all to see. I can't wait to see what's next. Your work is appreciated.

Who else would put up with this bunch? LOL

# 50 huskeraddict @ 02/26/09 09:33 PM
It's true, it's probably not too noticeable but it's my team so I like all the details to be right

# 51 cdj @ 02/26/09 09:36 PM
Quote:

This is EA's version:

I agree. EA hasn't really had the right font in the game for NU's endzones.

REAL-LIFE:
http://eteamz.active.com/nebraskafoo...tadium2929.jpg (Taken from 07, I believe - still accurate field art)

http://www.huskerspot.com/images/wal...m1600x1200.jpg - From USC game in 07.

GAME (09 Pre-Release Shot):

As prowler said, look at the R in Nebraska. There's no way that's the same font.

# 52 jerryrice4949 @ 02/26/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's already been aluded to numerous times there will be no FCS teams this year so forget it and join us in praying for CAS that's our only hope.
This is simply not true. A developer on either this board or NCAA strategies mentioned several months ago that they were going to try and get a couple FCS conferences in 09 but the online dynasty feature took more time and resources than they first anticipated. That being said I would be suprised if a couple FCS conferences were not in 2010.

I would like to thank OMT for being present and putting up with all the grief we give him. And I would also add that online dynasty in the best feature on a sports game ever.

# 53 huskeraddict @ 02/26/09 09:44 PM
Plus, the font right above the Tunnel Walk doors and the big screen is the right font. So, I know it CAN be done.

OMT, just wanted to ask, did you see my post about the changes to Memorial Stadium?

# 54 OMT @ 02/26/09 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I think some people are disappointed because Madden announced something big and NCAA announced a small (yet very welcomed) feature; OMT just can't win. Still it's not even March yet, if it were early June when this was announced then the anger would be understandable.

Something of interest to me:

Fortunately, our brilliant graphics engineers created what is called the Texture Compositor. This was originally developed for handling created stadiums and uniforms for Madden. It allows the game to take multiple pieces of art and combine them into one as the game loads.

Out of mild curiosity, if stadiums are now broken into pieces, does that mean we will be able to... I dunno... mix and match those pieces... for... I dunno... maybe created schools? Just wondering.
Heh.. I won't let you bait me like that! But yeah, that would be technically possible.

# 55 OMT @ 02/26/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
It's true, it's probably not too noticeable but it's my team so I like all the details to be right
FYI the lead designer on NCAA is a Cornhusker.

# 56 moylan1234 @ 02/26/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, there are 120 teams in the game right now. I don't talk about NCAA 10 unless it is something I'm authorized to.

I'm not saying FCS IS in of course, I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered out at this point.
Okay I'll hold off making assumptions for now.

on a totally unrelated topic, will you ever update your sig? right now it looks like you only work on last year's game.

# 57 huskeraddict @ 02/26/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
FYI the lead designer on NCAA is a Cornhusker.
Perhaps a blind Cornhusker?

I kid! I kid!

# 58 moylan1234 @ 02/26/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
This is simply not true. A developer on either this board or NCAA strategies mentioned several months ago that they were going to try and get a couple FCS conferences in 09 but the online dynasty feature took more time and resources than they first anticipated. That being said I would be suprised if a couple FCS conferences were not in 2010.

I would like to thank OMT for being present and putting up with all the grief we give him. And I would also add that online dynasty in the best feature on a sports game ever.
OMT has already adressed this. read through the threads and the quote you're referring to was about CAS not FCS. Also, you can't blame me for jumping to a conclusion when every developer on this and other boards references 120 teams time and again

# 59 OMT @ 02/26/09 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Okay I'll hold off making assumptions for now.

on a totally unrelated topic, will you ever update your sig? right now it looks like you only work on last year's game.
Yeah.. I'm not sure how to change that. An Admin put that up there.

# 60 sdid22 @ 02/26/09 09:56 PM
Not trying to be picky but Florida has updated their font a few years back

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.