Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

A release-day patch will be hitting gamers next week when MLB 2K9 is officially released on store shelves.

OS had previously learned about the patch via a post made by Erick Boenisch, the lead features designer on MLB 2K9, but did not have many details about the patch itself.

After contacting 2K representatives, OS now has some more official patch details. In addition to fixing the bug in the franchise mode that had been causing players to languish in free agency because most teams lacked enough funds to adequately pay free agents, the below bullet points are some of the additional fixes.
  • Added the ability for users to accept game invites while playing inside Franchise mode.
  • Improved the game response time when there is a loss of connection originating at the user’s network router/hub.
  • Addressed an issue where a disconnect would sometimes occur when a user without a HDD attempted to play an Xbox Live Player Match with only a 512MB MU storage device installed.
  • An issue regarding playoff tiebreakers occurring after playing through at least 15 years of franchise mode has been addressed. In the unlikely event that 8 or more teams tie for the wild card, the game will now handle the event properly.
  • Additional Rich Presence support has been added to the game to help users more easily identify what their friends are currently doing while playing Major League Baseball 2K9.
  • If a user had a storage device named using Asian or Russian characters, the title would display these characters improperly. This issue has been resolved.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 brendanrfoley @ 02/27/09 09:30 PM
Thanks bunches, Chase.

I hope there is a second patch to address any other issues, if they pop up (CPU selectivity, I'm looking at you).

# 2 SoxFan01605 @ 02/27/09 09:30 PM
Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I guess the little gameplay quirks need to be played out by a bunch of users before a patch would address that (meaning they might not have been "seen" as a problem prior to release).

Still though, good a release day patch is coming out. Thanks for the info Chase

# 3 JoshCA916 @ 02/27/09 09:33 PM
thats great for people who own a 360 i guess, ps3 has a HDD and we don't have live, so it appears 2k is only looking into the 360 again, well i guess as logn as i can get the patch to fix franchise and the frame rate is clean i will survive this year

# 4 SoxFan01605 @ 02/27/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
thats great for people who own a 360 i guess, ps3 has a HDD and we don't have live, so it appears 2k is only looking into the 360 again, well i guess as logn as i can get the patch to fix franchise and the frame rate is clean i will survive this year
I wouldn't panic just yet...lol. Who's to say that the PS3 had the same problems? Obviously that's the 360 specific problem you're referrring to, so maybe the PS3 didn't have a related issue?

# 5 JoshCA916 @ 02/27/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I wouldn't panic just yet...lol. Who's to say that the PS3 had the same problems? Obviously that's the 360 specific problem you're referrring to, so maybe the PS3 didn't have a related issue?
if it's ported over(and it is) there is almost a 100% chance the issue is on the ps3 too

# 6 jeffy777 @ 02/27/09 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
  • An issue regarding playoff tiebreakers occurring after playing through at least 15 years of franchise mode has been addressed. In the unlikely event that 8 or more teams tie for the wild card, the game will now handle the event properly.
What a relief. This was my number one concern.

# 7 Ronoko @ 02/27/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yah, I wish I had time to play 15 seasons lol

# 8 JoshCA916 @ 02/27/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
I understand because I can't even keep count of the number of people I know that play 15 or more seasons in franchise mode in a years time of a baseball game.

But for real at least they had it tested and caught it makes you think at least their testers are now getting paid for a reason.

# 9 ronnyballgame @ 02/27/09 10:07 PM
Good good, any word on Roster Update?

# 10 SoxFan01605 @ 02/27/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
if it's ported over(and it is) there is almost a 100% chance the issue is on the ps3 too
If you say so. I honestly don't know. I just didn't think everything carried over in the port(meaning functionality for live, etc). It sounded like a specific Xbox compatibility issue. Worry away though...lol. It was just a thought

# 11 Trevytrev11 @ 02/27/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
I agree. It could possibly impact upto 0.0000000000000000001% of players.

# 12 brendanrfoley @ 02/27/09 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I talked to Ron about this. I know we are going to put up a bugs/patch list. So far from what i have seen, my only big issue is the batting aggressiveness. That needs to be toned down some.
It seems everyone knows about this, which is good.

Only time will tell of Visual Concepts will have the time and resources to fix it.

# 13 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/27/09 11:06 PM
Glad to see the franchise salary issue getting fixed before it becomes an issue. That's the right way to stay on top of the game VC!!

# 14 MJGrady26 @ 02/28/09 02:21 AM
Good news, Sigh of relief for the franchise mode. thanks

# 15 sirwoodz @ 02/28/09 02:23 AM
LOL!!!! so basically 2k had glaring issues with ONLINE PLAY that nobody heard of, so they tried to sneak in a patch before anybody noticed!!! MAN OH MAN!!! they just get better and better with each passing day....

# 16 Keirik @ 02/28/09 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
LOL!!!! so basically 2k had glaring issues with ONLINE PLAY that nobody heard of, so they tried to sneak in a patch before anybody noticed!!! MAN OH MAN!!! they just get better and better with each passing day....
dude, seriously, enough already. You dont like the game, so why spend your day hanging in this sub forum then? Surely you have better things to do in life than make constantly annoying posts about this.

# 17 Bruin26 @ 02/28/09 07:25 AM
Quote:

If they really didn't want anyone to know then I doubt this list of issues that the patch is fixing would be out. So I guess you would rather they left the glaring issues until you had a chance to discover them yourself?

# 18 texbuk84 @ 02/28/09 07:37 AM
that's great news. i will continue to play the play now games until then.

# 19 Heelfan71 @ 02/28/09 07:43 AM
Quote:
yeah, the evil 2k empire tried to pull a fast one on you by releasing a release day patch.

# 20 jvega @ 02/28/09 09:40 AM
hey is this patch for online only ?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.