Home
News Post

EA has just released their NHL 09 patch for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Exploit fixes:

-Fixes the 99 attribute bug in OTP/EASHL by preventing players from entering games with attributes that are raised beyond the level they can reach with the card they are entitled to have. Players who have elevated their attributes this way should reset their character by changing the type and reassigning their points.
-Limit the size of human goalies in OTP/EASHL games to 6'4" (NOTE: it will still allow them to be set larger, but the actual height in game will not go above the new limit).
-Fixed some problems that could cause the game to hang or go out of sync when pausing.
-Prevent use of LB to get up instantly after being knocked over.
-Reduce accuracy of shooting while using vision control to skate backwards.
-Prevent high, accurate slap shots from in close to the net.

Other changes:

-Reduced the ease of beating the goalie on the short side.
-Decrease the tendency of the goalies to use a desperation save unnecessarily.
-Strict calling of interference, though you can still clear players directly in front of the net without getting called for interference.
-Added stick lift to Classic controls using LB+X(XBox)/L1+Square(PS3). It is also on R3 (press Right Stick).
-Fixed shot targeting using the Always Up control when skating down ice.
-Added new NHL rule to locate face-offs in the attacking zone to start a powerplay.
-Prevent CPU players from getting delay of game penalties frequently while clearing the puck from their zone.
-Prevent puck from being poke checked away from the goalie when he has it covered under his glove.
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the last man back, holding RT(Xbox) /R2(PS3)
-Reduced the amount of time it takes to get control of the goalie, holding LB+A(Xbox)/L1+X(PS3)
- Reduce the range of heights on randomly generated CPU players, including goalies.
-Eliminate the ability to accelerate and maintain high speed while stick lifting.
-More penalties for high sticking when stick lifts are done from behind the opponent.
-Made the colours of the OTP/EASHL indicators more distinct (yellow and orange).
-Made face-off outcomes slightly more random and slightly less dependent on attributes.
-Added assistance to prevent one-timer and shot attempts from leading to accidental hits and interference penalties.
-Goalie tuning to increase goal-scoring a bit to compensate for taking away the easy short-side high goals.
-Improve hit stat tracking to not count all of the small bumps in front of the net.
-Increased injuries caused by CPU teams.
-Prevent puck from being launched with very high speed following a hit.
-AI tuning for superstar. The Aggression slider now affects how intense the CPU team is on that difficulty level.

NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 7up3345 @ 03/03/09 02:18 PM
sorry if this has been asked, but im in my second year in my dynasty, and i was wondering when i download the patch, will i have to start a new dynasty in order for it to take effect?

# 22 Ridgeberg @ 03/03/09 02:36 PM

Cool deflection goal I scored in my first game post-patch.

# 23 Qb @ 03/03/09 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
My "link" is a guy that is on my club and he has been juiced for the last couple of weeks. Not trying to justify why he was juiced, but he was a beginner and a pretty horrible player. Anyway I have been talking to him today and he has told me that he has been able to get into games all day and has not changed his guy and he is still at 99. I understand that you want some proof, but I can assure you that this will come out all over most boards in a couple of days when other people realize this.
That sucks. I played one community OTP game and it seemed like no one was juiced. Hopefully your buddy is an exception, not the rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7up3345
sorry if this has been asked, but im in my second year in my dynasty, and i was wondering when i download the patch, will i have to start a new dynasty in order for it to take effect?
Redshirt_EA has stated that you won't have to restart to see the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Cool deflection goal I scored in my first game post-patch.
Gotta love the deflections. I'm playing a game with Minnesota right now and no one is screening the front of the net on the PP. Frustrating...

# 24 seasprite @ 03/03/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That sucks. I played one community OTP game and it seemed like no one was juiced. Hopefully your buddy is an exception, not the rule...
I am hopeing this as well. I told him to keep his guy the way he is until tonite when I can see it first hand.

# 25 Qb @ 03/03/09 03:13 PM
But Marian "I'm not injured yet because it's only the first game of the season" Gaborik just did this:

It put me up 4-3 with a little over five minutes left in the 3rd. I added an empty-netter to ice the 5-3 win, quite satisfying as I blew an early 2-0 lead by allowing 3 straight Boston goals before Zidlicky tied it up at 3-3 a few minutes before Gabby's goal. Three of my goals were on wrist shots -- two to the glove side, one to the five-hole -- and two of those were at least partially the result of a screen by the d-man in front of me when I shot. The other goal was a cross-crease to a wide open Koivu for a slam dunk...

# 26 DrUrsus @ 03/03/09 03:18 PM
Users without Xbox Live can get the patch from a link in my blog for use with Xplorer 360 and Xport (or some other way to get the files onto your hard drive). Check my blog for details on how to put it on your HDD. This is actually named NHL 09 Title Update #3 by EA in their file.

# 27 bad_philanthropy @ 03/03/09 03:24 PM
Always Up control scheme still isn't correct. The shot aiming height controls are reversed. Is there any way that a fix could be snuck into the trade deadline roster update?

# 28 Millennium @ 03/03/09 03:51 PM

First game after the patch, and Ovechkin still rules you.

# 29 mdgoalie37 @ 03/03/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

EA SPORTS World: Ovie Deke

my god that was beautiful

# 30 Fiddy @ 03/03/09 04:23 PM

# 31 Qb @ 03/03/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
This highlight was brought to you by Joe Corvo's jock... currently located in section 213, row E, seat 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Sid O Roma
Beauty! I can never use the spin-o-ramas with any great success. Gotta love the back-to-back Ovie & Sid dueling highlights...

# 32 mkharsh33 @ 03/03/09 04:56 PM
Quote:

don cherry appreciates the humble, low-key celebration...

# 33 H to the Oza @ 03/03/09 05:05 PM
i dont want to alarm anyone but the short side goals are still there

# 34 allstar3970 @ 03/03/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the Oza

how bad is it? I mean short side goals do actually happen in real life, so its not like they should be eliminated completely.

# 35 Franchizz @ 03/03/09 05:18 PM
Quote:

This alone makes me want to get rolling on testing the patch and soon after my Dynasty. That was a beauty.

# 36 Matt Diesel @ 03/03/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the Oza
Short side should still be there. Just not automatic.

# 37 Eldebrink @ 03/03/09 05:41 PM
The AI seems much smarter, and with three games I got two interference calls, which never happened before, of course -- so that's good.
On the downside, my three games ended 0-5, 1-0, 0-4, but that's me I guess, not the patch.

Well done, EA. It's nice to see you improve the gameplay like this even months after the release, and only months before the next release.

Much appreciated by this offline player.

# 38 Qb @ 03/03/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldebrink
On the downside, my three games ended 0-5, 1-0, 0-4, but that's me I guess, not the patch.
Don't get too down, I lost my first four after the patch, but scoring only 7 goals in the process and allowing 14. I won my last two 5-3 and 4-1. There's definitely adjustments to be made...

# 39 mdgoalie37 @ 03/03/09 07:31 PM
I just had 8 penalties called on me (Flyers) and the Bruins went 3 for 8 on the PP. I lost 4-2. Just awesome.

# 40 VG31 @ 03/03/09 07:51 PM
I just played a game where 6 interference penalites were called ( 2 againstme 4 against my opponent) and im glad that issue got fixed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.