Home
SBK Superbike News Post

Conspiracy's high-octane racing title heads to stores for next-gen consoles

March 4, 2009 – Conspiracy Entertainment and Black Bean Games are pleased to announce the North American retail release of “SBK: Superbike World Championship®” for next-generation videogame systems. Available on store shelves now, “SBK: Superbike World Championship®” features fully licensed tracks, riders, parts, accessories and motorcycles all rendered with incredible visual fidelity. More information about “SBK: Superbike World Championship®” is available at http://www.sbkthegame.com.

In development by the Milestone, makers of renowned motorcycle racing titles, “SBK: Superbike World Championship®” offers something for both arcade and simulation-focused players. SBK's fast-paced arcade mode allows casual players to jump straight in and challenge the WSBK official teams and riders in a range of weather conditions and on some of the most famous tracks around the world - including Phillip Island (Australia), Monza (Italy), Donington Park (UK) and for the first time in the series, Miller Motorsports Park (Salt Lake City, USA). Players may also jump online to enjoy eight-player races on all the game's professional circuits and tracks.

For the true motorsports enthusiast, the SBK™ official videogame offers unparalleled realism in the modeling and the handling of the bikes. Players will be able to tune and set up their bike in a myriad of ways, including suspension, gearing, tires and braking. All these tuning settings will need to be optimized as the player progresses through each race event and as the conditions change from race-to-race throughout the championship series.

SBK Superbike World Championship screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: SBK Superbike World ChampionshipReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BIG CAROLINA @ 03/11/09 01:06 PM
just picked this up today, installing it to the HD now. Will answer all questions for those who are interested. For $29.99 it can't be that bad.

Edit: for starters, there is Rider Health, Motorbike Damage , Tire Wear , Advanced Physics (Enables realistic bike weight) and a Track Engineer.

Man there are sooo many adjustments that can be made on these bikes that I feel like i need to be a MMI graduate to understand most of them.

# 2 gbx34 @ 03/11/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
just picked this up today, installing it to the HD now. Will answer all questions for those who are interested. For $29.99 it can't be that bad.

Edit: for starters, there is Rider Health, Motorbike Damage , Tire Wear , Advanced Physics (Enables realistic bike weight) and a Track Engineer.

Man there are sooo many adjustments that can be made on these bikes that I feel like i need to be a MMI graduate to understand most of them.
Have you played Moto GP 08? How can that game compare to this?

# 3 BIG CAROLINA @ 03/11/09 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
Have you played Moto GP 08? How can that game compare to this?
Yes, I own GP 08 also but from what I seen so far, this game is much better. IMO the AI is much better and will take different lines and makes mistakes.

You can adjust anything from your chain to your handle bars, I can't wait for someone who is a true gear head to get this game to help me out as far as adjustments and setups go.

You can make this game as "Sim" or "Arcade" as you want with the way it's setup. There is a Sim mode and an Extreme Sim mode which I will not even think about touching yet.

If you are a true GP or SBK fan then you must atleast rent it, but for $29.99 this is the best bike game that i have played for the money. By the way, the frame rate is rock solid.

# 4 Jeffrey99 @ 03/12/09 03:33 PM
According to OS, SBK 09 comes out May 1st. Which from what I've heard from from some of the bike sites in the UK, it's suppose to be alot better then 08 or what is now being sold in the US as Superbike World Championship. But then again, some sites are saying the May 1st date is for the UK and not the US. SBK 08 has been out in the UK for almost a year now I believe. So really don't know but hate to buy a game, no matter what price and have a newer better version come out in less then 2 months.

# 5 BIG CAROLINA @ 03/16/09 10:29 AM
IMO this is the best bike racing game that I have ever played, for all who do not have it and can afford the $29.99 you will not be disappointed.

I know that SBK 09 is coming out in May, but that is not a definite for us here in the States (we are just now getting 08).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.