Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The latest Madden NFL 10 blog is online. This week it's all about creating the 'sim-style' gameplay.

Quote:
"From the very beginning of the year, we've tried to make clear our vision for Madden - one of authenticity, realism, & simulation (aka 'sim'). There is no doubt that we all want to turn this game into the most realistic version of Madden in history. This week I wanted to touch on some of the changes we've made (and struggles we've had) while trying to achieve this goal for Madden NFL 10."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dman1976 @ 03/09/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Pass Speed --

Ian- So are you saying that weather will affect passes in 10? Last time I checked weather has never affected a pass in Madden. That would be nasty stuff if that is the case!

noticed that too....

hope there are sufficient enough under and overthrows - not just SHAQ like batted passes - very cool blog though

# 62 Nza @ 03/09/09 07:09 PM
When I got to the part about the speed differential being tighter on AP/AM, I started to think "hrm, I can see it now - Pro slider sets becomming popular because a wider differential simply plays better", then I read the part about the speed differential being customizable, and couldn't believe it - Madden actually handing real control over to the gamer when it comes to gameplay. Awesome.

# 63 ngoulding @ 03/09/09 07:10 PM
This is simply an outstanding announcement. Its nice to see the developers are solving the underlying issues rather than just the old 'sticking plaster over a broken bone' approach! Really looking forward to Madden this year.

# 64 ch46647 @ 03/09/09 07:10 PM
I just LOVE these Monday updates!!! All this news sounds great!! All this seems to really be setting up a huge difference in every player on the field. Sounds like they will finally be able to get each different player to play true to form. I hate the way you couldnt tell the difference between great, good, average, and poor players other then their speed.

To be honest though I am excited for next weeks blog the most of any so far. Momentum and the way players move has been the biggest downfall of Madden on the next gen IMHO. If they nail that and OL/DL interaction I think Madden will finally surpass 2k5 in terms of gameplay. (Granted all of it is implemented as well as Ian says)

PS. Ian I think it would be GREAT if you could throw in a little comment on the changes (if any) that have been made to the robotic running animations. I think it would fit perfectly into next weeks blogs. I am praying you guys fix that for this Madden 10. You said it perfectly earlier in the year, the players need to run with a "sense of urgency" Right now it looks like a bunch of robots jogging around.

# 65 ngoulding @ 03/09/09 07:13 PM
And actually one of my favourite things from the blog was the removal of the qb 'bouncing on the spot' from last year. Its nice to see him plant his feet and stand tall in the pocket without jittering up and down like a 5 year old on a sugar binge.

# 66 xX CASCABEL Xx @ 03/09/09 07:13 PM
Ian and everyone involved are doing a great job, however...

I took this off a post in another forum...I just hope he is wrong.

Quote: there will always be a 'most effective' thing in madden and in the tourney scene it will be abused period. next year something will be abused, we just wont know what it is till about 12 hrs after the game drops.

# 67 CW McGraw @ 03/09/09 07:14 PM
I definitely like the idea of slowing the game down. A friend of mine, a hardcore a fan of the "other game," was astonished at how absurdly fast Madden was in comparison to the "other game." After playing the "other game," I gotta agree with him. The game itself, graphics aside, just looked more like actual football than Madden.

Can we have sliders for everything? There is no such thing as too many sliders, especially when they actually affect the game.

# 68 deadlyCane @ 03/09/09 07:16 PM
Wow! I just jizzed my pants reading about the player speed ratings scale and game speed slider. I always had doubts about your spreading the ratings concept, especially in the speed department. I LOVE YOUR NEW PLAYER SPEED RANGES. The player speed ratings scale is astonishingly close to one I devised a while ago. At least it is at the upper end. Not sure about the lower end though, I would have to look it up.

Your solution to shrink/expand the ratings based on level of play is spot on. That was precisely an idea I had. I'm glad I didn't even have to post it. You are restoring my faith in Madden with every blog. I'm going to be in heaven come August.

# 69 thudias @ 03/09/09 07:16 PM
Love it.

# 70 briax87 @ 03/09/09 07:27 PM
Another great Madden blog. I love the Qb drop back animation speed, looks so much better and realistic. Keep them coming Ian

# 71 J-Unit40 @ 03/09/09 07:32 PM
Man! Ian, Donnie and the Madden Crew have their act together this year. I like it!

Keep it up fellas. We love the transparency and flow of information.

# 72 woowoo782 @ 03/09/09 07:32 PM
football is a fast game, but not as fast as 09 had it, you cant play football going top speed all game, the only time you should be going full speed are:

1.) closing speed, to make a tackle
2.) running strait
3.)trying to run thru someone( offensive and defensive)

i'm sure there are some others, but my point is to slow down the game and make it fast in the right areas.

# 73 Cryolemon @ 03/09/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta

Rich Eisen's official ACC Rating is now 20. (He's running in a suit, give him a break lol)
He's still faster than me lol.

# 74 Kevin26385 @ 03/09/09 07:41 PM
Anyone know if the Tom Brady picture is of madden 09 or 10?

# 75 CM Hooe @ 03/09/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
99% sure that it's an 09 screen shot, as there haven't been any officially released Madden 10 screens (if there were, there'd be much more fervor). The trajectory of Brady's pass looks straight out of 09 as well.

# 76 Klocker @ 03/09/09 07:48 PM
one of my biggest reasons I stopped playing of 09 was the unrealistic hyper speed of the game

thank you!

# 77 shad_moss93 @ 03/09/09 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I would have to say 09 because if it was from 10 it would have had Madden NFL 10 logo on it and or WIP (work in progress) logo on it.

# 78 DaveDQ @ 03/09/09 07:50 PM
I have to say, this is really great news. I've always felt Madden was too twitchy, almost so fast you couldn't really enjoy the animations. This blog isn't fluff. Great read.

# 79 Moshood @ 03/09/09 08:06 PM
Great Blog! Love the addition of the speed sliders etc. Looking forward to next week.

# 80 drventure @ 03/09/09 08:24 PM
man August can not come here fast enough

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.