Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The latest Madden NFL 10 blog is online. This week it's all about creating the 'sim-style' gameplay.

Quote:
"From the very beginning of the year, we've tried to make clear our vision for Madden - one of authenticity, realism, & simulation (aka 'sim'). There is no doubt that we all want to turn this game into the most realistic version of Madden in history. This week I wanted to touch on some of the changes we've made (and struggles we've had) while trying to achieve this goal for Madden NFL 10."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 rhombic21 @ 03/11/09 04:39 PM
Still no word on whether these things apply to NCAA? That can't be a good sign.

# 162 mdiggitydawg @ 03/11/09 05:17 PM
it really seems exciting..for the first time a lead developer is keeping the public informed of what they are trying to do...wow..i hope they pull it off for all of our sakes

# 163 spit_bubble @ 03/11/09 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
it really seems exciting..for the first time a lead developer is keeping the public informed of what they are trying to do...wow..i hope they pull it off for all of our sakes
For our sake... And theirs!

Kinda seems like they are inadvertently setting people up for a let down with all this developer interaction. I just hope people keep their expectations on a realistic level.

# 164 03MstGT290 @ 03/11/09 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I'll take a stab at this.

Normal gamer:
- Doesn't follow message boards about sports games, ever
- Never knew sliders existed in sports games
- Rarely plays more than one season of a dynasty ... and most of the times never even finishes that
- Doesn't care if the backup right guard for the Cleveland Browns isn't accurate
- In all likelihood, a casual follower of the actual sport
- Doesn't believe in sim-style play, nor do many of his (yes I said his) friends
I'm a normal gamer. I follow the message boards, especially Madden ones, I know there are sliders (thankfully!), and I believe in sim-style play. I play at least 2 seasons per year. I am a die-hard Bengals fan so I know about the team better than other teams.

# 165 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/11/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam4mav
If they did that, I would put a much bigger emphasis on the acceleration rating.

I do think the top speeds need to be closer to what your saying though, even lineman can get going pretty fast if given the space to get up to speed. I am interested in how much of a factor ACC is compared to SPD as far as in game results.

That would be awesome if they could do another 40yd chart but put everyone at say 85 SPD and only change the ACC from 99 to 80, and show the 40 yard times, along with maybe 10 and 20 yard splits. That would be awesome to see
Yea I think ACC rating should really be looked at strongly, and I feel the 40 time does a better job detemining that than anything else. I feel the 40 time can yes showcase speed but for those that run a 4.5 or a 4.4 doesnt mean that they cant be a speed raing between 95 thru 98.

That is why I showed the numbers from this years combine and Percy Harvin's time was a perfect example of what I am trying to say.

# 166 Cryolemon @ 03/11/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
If you choose to see it that way. Most "racism" begins with the person perceiving themselves as victims.
Well, yeah, I agree that people can be too quick to cry racism. I wasn't saying it was racist (as a white English dude, I'm not really in a position to say lol), I was just saying that people have, in the past, taken being described as a thug to be racist.

# 167 adembroski @ 03/11/09 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Well, yeah, I agree that people can be too quick to cry racism. I wasn't saying it was racist (as a white English dude, I'm not really in a position to say lol), I was just saying that people have, in the past, taken being described as a thug to be racist.
If the term "thug" can be construed as racist in and of itself, it's racist toward Indians.

# 168 RainEXwIPERblade @ 03/11/09 09:17 PM
this does sound extremely promising in so many ways...QB play looks to more rhythmic and less 'be quick or be dead'

# 169 Matt10 @ 03/12/09 11:30 PM
This approach could have just sold me as a believer in Ian and co. - and maybe Madden - thank you for finally addressing some of the glaring issues that have been a problem for a lot longer than the 2009 version.

# 170 SeaNNyT @ 03/13/09 12:37 AM
"All new QB drop animations"

Nice, hopefully other awkward QB animations will be fixed as well. Stiffness in the upper body, the way they hold the ball, and arm animations on releases.

# 171 Cryolemon @ 03/13/09 05:11 AM
Quote:
If the term "thug" can be construed as racist in and of itself, it's racist toward Indians.
Well, yeah.

# 172 adembroski @ 03/13/09 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Still no word on whether these things apply to NCAA? That can't be a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The gameplay improvements are shared between the two games. Madden writes a blog about all their gameplay changes, and then it is our turn. What, are we going to write the same blog? No.. we announce something else.

The NCAA specific gameplay features will be announced later. Most of what Ian is talking about in his blogs is gameplay stuff. Just like every year, most of it is shared but Madden gets some exclusives and NCAA gets some exclusives.
So he's not specifically stating that these apply to NCAA. I'd be willing to bet they're doing their own version of the 40 time stuff, not just taking Madden's version. The two games should feel different, and there should be a greater range of fast-slow in NCAA.

As for the animation stuff, I'm pretty sure that's getting in NCAA.

The real question is the game speed slider and the speed differential slider. I really hope they're both in NCAA, but I'm not holding my breath.

# 173 niggarachi @ 03/13/09 08:27 AM
man, madden Team you guys are really making me excited about this years game. with just the adjustments that you have mentioned in your blogs, the game is alot better already. i cant wait to see the "big feature" thats gonna be on the back of the box, cause i know that most likely will not be mentioned here. there should be some sort of a surprise. my only suggestions are that you add more hype to the "big games" rivalry games, playoff games, and especially the superbowl! i often play with the volume all the way to try and hype it up a bit, but i just need more than that! lol i wanna see more celebrations after those games and if there is a way to add emphasis to them to give you that do or die feel, or the win or go home type of situation. i dont know exactly how, but im sure your collective minds can come up with something great!! im really looking forward to the next blog and defineately the release of the game itself. keep up the extraordinary work fellas!

# 174 STLRams @ 03/14/09 12:07 PM
God is good to hear SIM is coming back to Madden. This is one of the reason I had stop playing Madden for 4years, the game played to unrealistic and I hated playing against people because everyone used cheese and wack gameplay like those guys on those Madden nation tournament shows. Also the other major factor is improvement to the passing game. Finally there is more touch passing back in the game and realistic passing. Can't lie so far Madden is going in the right direction.

# 175 rhombic21 @ 03/14/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
So he's not specifically stating that these apply to NCAA. I'd be willing to bet they're doing their own version of the 40 time stuff, not just taking Madden's version. The two games should feel different, and there should be a greater range of fast-slow in NCAA.
I can see that, but don't you think that should really be accomplished with ratings, rather than a different speed curve?

# 176 hundleycaleb3 @ 03/27/09 07:05 PM
i think madden should have a college all star game played during the off season of franshise mode right before the draft and more player workouts. it would be really cool if the players to draft were players we know

# 177 SouthernBrick @ 03/27/09 10:52 PM
Can we get merriman's light's out dance after a sack plz plz plz.

As a fan of the chargers this is greatly important to me to have the feeling of detail and realism to know that you can do it in the game after a sack in the back field.

I hate that in 09 you have to get lucky with a interception with merriman and then have to get a lucky sprint all the way down field and do the soulja boy.

I don't want to play with my team the whole game and watch people steal his move when i can't do it after a sack its not fair. do you know how frustrating it is to be losing and everytime they get a touchdown they bust out his move???

PLZ EA I would greatly appreciate it if we could get this in the game b/c you said "you see it on sunday you see it in the game"

On sunday's after merriman gets a sack he does his dance plz put this in the game...This is not a demand its just a request from a loyal fan.

It doesn't have to be a every down thing maybe just a 3rd and 4th down thing. you know when its a important stop, b/c its usually apart of watching the chargers game on sunday's.

# 178 canes21 @ 03/27/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Can we get merriman's light's out dance after a sack plz plz plz.

As a fan of the chargers this is greatly important to me to have the feeling of detail and realism to know that you can do it in the game after a sack in the back field.

I hate that in 09 you have to get lucky with a interception with merriman and then have to get a lucky sprint all the way down field and do the soulja boy.

I don't want to play with my team the whole game and watch people steal his move when i can't do it after a sack its not fair. do you know how frustrating it is to be losing and everytime they get a touchdown they bust out his move???

PLZ EA I would greatly appreciate it if we could get this in the game b/c you said "you see it on sunday you see it in the game"

On sunday's after merriman gets a sack he does his dance plz put this in the game...This is not a demand its just a request from a loyal fan.

It doesn't have to be a every down thing maybe just a 3rd and 4th down thing. you know when its a important stop, b/c its usually apart of watching the chargers game on sunday's.
Yes, as a Redskins fan I could not ask this any different. Please add his move, I don't care about Clinton Portis, Laron Landry, London Fletcher, or any other Redskin's celebration. Just please get Merriman's in there for us all!

# 179 PGaither84 @ 03/28/09 01:40 AM
AnyGivenSunday talked about Merriman's lights outdance, adn hat reminds me of not too recently when Bryant Young of my 49es would do the home run swing after a sack, that he stole from Niel Smith by the way. It was nice to have post play player specific celebrations after big plays.

I would aslo ask you work on when players "celbrate" after a play. How many times have I ran the ball for 2 yards with Frank Gone adn he gets up and does the head nod and tough guy rotine to celebrate a 2 yard gain to set up 2ed and 8 or 3rd and 6? Seriously, you got two yards and it wasn't a first down... grow up.

I also haven't sceen the calssic "First down" mimic players will do of the official first down signal from years past.

# 180 KANE699 @ 03/28/09 03:51 AM
I have seen the first down move every now and then when they zoom up on a reciever after a catch for a first down, what sucks is that I don't see Roy Williams do it, and he does it after EVERY single first down, I'd rather see these as cutscenes honestly from a broadcast camera so they look beautiful and fluid just like watching them on tv.

Also if I recall the lights out dance was stopped by merriman at the end of the 07 season if I recall, I don't know why you guys want it in the game so bad when he said he wasn't going to do it anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.