Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA Sports have just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers custom conferences.

Quote:
"Hey Everybody, I’m Ben Haumiller and I’m a designer on the NCAA Football series. I’ve been at Tiburon since 2000, starting out as a tester in QA, and I’ve been a member of the NCAA Football design team since NCAA 06. Since joining the team I’ve primary worked on our career modes (Dynasty, Campus Legend, etc.) our Online features, as well as a lot of the features you’ll find when checking out the My NCAA and Team Management sections of the Main Menu . You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate college football fan than myself, so working on the NCAA Football series has been a dream come true.

On NCAA Football 09 I was the designer for what had been long considered the “Holy Grail of NCAA features”, Online Dynasty. I couldn’t have been more excited to get this feature into the game. Dynasty is without a doubt my favorite feature in any sports game, and bringing that experience online brought a tremendous amount of life into an already great game mode. Based on the feedback from the community I was not the only one that was able to resurrect gaming rivalries with old college roommates that now live on the other side of the country, increase my desire to sign the recruits in the nation for no other reason than to force the other dynasty members to settle for a 3 star prospect, and feeling the pressure of knowing the result of your head to head game will mean the difference between a BCS berth or finishing your season in December."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JayD @ 03/12/09 02:29 PM
This new addition is pointless if logos on the field, throughout the stadium, and on jerseys do not change!!! Hopefully the idiots who have not noticed this will finally realize it.

# 22 Squeezee12 @ 03/12/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
This new addition is pointless if logos on the field, throughout the stadium, and on jerseys do not change!!! Hopefully the idiots who have not noticed this will finally realize it.
With the new 'texture compositor' they have the ability to change those things. Its just a matter of if they used the 'texture compositor'.

# 23 rudyjuly2 @ 03/12/09 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
2) People who are going to Madden I say this. Have fun with no online franchise
I simply don't care about online franchise and it doesn't fit what I want. Having to wait for others to schedule games, arguing over what difficulty or slider set should be used (I like my own tweaks) isn't for me and I don't use this feature. I've played one online game in the last three years (for ANY sport).

I do recognize that many people love this feature but are we even certain that online franchise isn't in Madden this year?

# 24 thelasthurtknee @ 03/12/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I simply don't care about online franchise and it doesn't fit what I want. Having to wait for others to schedule games, arguing over what difficulty or slider set should be used (I like my own tweaks) isn't for me and I don't use this feature. I've played one online game in the last three years (for ANY sport).

I do recognize that many people love this feature but are we even certain that online franchise isn't in Madden this year?
your missing out man. ive done multiplayer dynasty since ncaa 98 and is the main reason NCAA's Dynasty mode has been one of the greatest features of any sports game. now with it online its another level. i dont know why you would think there are probs like that in them. this great news about the confrences. something that has been asked for since i can remember. good addition. getting worked up in march because of what your hearing or not hearing is a little overdone. most of what madden gets ncaa will to. they havent said anything about the madden features this week being added so i would guess that either its just not in or only limited portions of it. the other reason could be that what they are adding and spending their time on uses some of this but is a larger scale and dont want the cat out of the bag. remember they said they didnt add the qb's new ratings because the used the resourses to add something specific for NCAA. It's only march so i would wait a while before getting to worried about anything. NCAA's OD's were the biggest fluff ever added to NCAA and the greatest feature that could of ever been implemented. did it for 10 years prior passing around memory cards and uploading the files on the cpu and then downloading them with sharkports and having to wait for one person at a time. i think this year we'll get the solid game play no question. Hell even if your a traditional guy this should be a big feature for you. Arkansas back with the big 12 teams. get the big east back to normal. maybe im older and think traditional is something different but myself and im sure alot of other guys feel it was needed to actually fix some crappy changes made to conferences over that last 25 years.

# 25 Squeezee12 @ 03/12/09 04:52 PM
My question is: Is this for both online and offline dynasties or is it only online?

# 26 OMT @ 03/12/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Here's one thing I am afraid of now: Conference invites. If I put Florida in the Mac conference & they dominate for 2 years straight, will they get invited to a difference conference? Multiply this problem by 3 or 4 different teams & you have a the big teams in the big conferences again...is this a gift...a curse...or both?
You don't have to accept the invite. Only human controlled teams get conference invites as well.

# 27 OMT @ 03/12/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
It will be a fun feature (at least for me). Is it for online only or will it be available for offline as well?? If you can use it for offline dynasty then will you be able to do conference changes after the season or is it a one time deal at the beginning of the dynasty and it goes back to the conference invite deal of past years??? and finally in another thread I asked Adam if the new "TC" (texture compositor) will allow for the conference logos to change when changing conferences and he said it could be used for that as well... So will the TC be utilized for custom conferences?? I would hate to move BYU or Utah to the Pac-10 and they still have a MWC logo on the field.
You can only set up your custom conferences at the beginning of a dynasty. It is available for offline but the main idea behind this was allowing online dynasties to put all their teams in one conference.

Unfortunately we won't have the field logos updating this year.

# 28 Squeezee12 @ 03/12/09 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
You can only set up your custom conferences at the beginning of a dynasty. It is available for offline but the main idea behind this was allowing online dynasties to put all their teams in one conference.

Well I figured it was focused towards online dynasties... But I am glad you guys carried it over to offline dynasties.

Wish the field logos could change.. But Ive ignored them for many years now... Another year wont hurt.

# 29 rollinphat @ 03/12/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

I like how you said "this year"

I think this feature is awesome and thanks for putting this in!
mainly because it was one of the many things I suggested in the wish list thread.

so you guys do read it haahahahahaha

# 30 MSchneider84 @ 03/12/09 06:26 PM
Bleh, this feature isn't for me. I'm all about being realistic. My OCD wouldn't be able to handle this feature.

# 31 Tovarich @ 03/12/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Called this one being included. Now hopefully this leads right into CAS.
He said in the middle somewhere in his Ohio State to the MAC example, that Michigan fans could demote Ohio State to the MAC 'but couldn't keep them from ever playing football again.' That sounds like squashing any create-a-school, or individual 1-AA teams, otherwise we very well could keep Ohio State from ever playing football ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Sweet; I can make college football like it should be (circa 2004) and act like the ACC raid never happened...Awesome feature

Except the ACC still needs 12 teams, and the Big East still needs 8 because we can't change the number of teams in conferences. Just swapping one team for another doesn't really give you a ton of realistic options.

Also, if the logos on the field can't change, then I bet the patches on the jerseys can't change either. Sorry, but this feature, which could be a really great addition is completely useless to anyone who strives for realism.

I'd have to go through every jersey and every stadium and see who doesnt have the patch on their jersey or the conference logo on their field. If we can't add teams to a conference and create a title game or something, then this is basically pointless for most people I think.

Then what about schedules? If I move Notre Dame into the Big 10+1, will Southern Cal still be playing against Notre Dame? or will they be playing 'Independent #1' Moving Notre Dame into a conference isn't worth it if they'll never play Southern Cal, Navy, etc like tradition says they should.

You guys said you didn't create-a-school in last year because you didn't want it to be a 'throw-away feature' but that's exactly what this seems to be to me since we have such limited options.

# 32 da ThRONe @ 03/12/09 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Also, if the logos on the field can't change, then I bet the patches on the jerseys can't change either. Sorry, but this feature, which could be a really great addition is completely useless to anyone who strives for realism.
Whats realistic about putting random schools in random conferences?

I will never use this because it isnt "sim". Im happy for anybody who is thrilled about this , but IMO this is useless weither or not the patches or field changes.

# 33 Tovarich @ 03/12/09 08:27 PM
I wouldn't consider it unrealistic to bring back old conferences. My first idea was to undo the Big 12 expansion and bring back the Southwest Conference. But that won't work when we have to leave the number of teams the same. I wanted Arkansas back in the SWC with all the Texas schools, and I could've put Tulane back in the SEC like they used to be. I wanted to bring back traditional conference rivalries, back when football was a little more...pure. Sigh. Oh well.

# 34 TrevJo @ 03/12/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
This is the best news I have heard all week!!!

# 35 Hellisan @ 03/12/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
It is a nice feature to add. I'm a traditionalist so I don't know if I'll use it much but it is a very nice option to have.
Yeah I'm like you. Other than say, replacing Wash. State with Boise State if I'm using Boise State (just as an example) I like to keep most of the conferences intact.

# 36 lamoyou318 @ 03/12/09 09:09 PM
WEAK!

# 37 shaunlmason @ 03/12/09 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
You don't have to accept the invite. Only human controlled teams get conference invites as well.
Not to read too much into this comment, but will users get offered conference invites online this year?

# 38 GKEnialb @ 03/12/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
Only human controlled teams get conference invites as well.
Why? Was this left out because it didn't seem like a good idea or because of some game constraint?

On a side note, are the features listed so far only for 360/PS3?

# 39 stoncold32 @ 03/12/09 09:36 PM
meh

# 40 moylan1234 @ 03/12/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
hate to be negative, but this is a totally worthless feature without logo changes

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.