Home
News Post

If you have been paying attention to the community’s efforts to tweak NBA 2K9 during the past few months, you probably noticed that Neon1, one of the hardest-working NBA 2K community members, redid the ratings and tendencies for every player and coach in the game.

As someone who had previously shelved NBA 2K9 out of frustration, I was initially excited to sit down and try this tweaked version of NBA 2K9 now that March Madness is in full bloom.

But after only a few games as my underachieving Grizzlies -- who have actually gotten a lot better, ratings-wise, since I last touched the game -- it became clear to me that the same opinion I had formed a few months ago still holds true:

NBA 2K9 is a mess, and no amount of slider tweaking or roster editing can save it.

So, in the first of a two-part series, I am here to explain why I have given up on NBA hoops this year, and I am also here to detail what needs to be improved in 2010.

Read More - Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Jeffx @ 05/08/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
TThe 'contested layup' interaction kicks in based simply on position and you don't have to hit the steal button. You don't have to be moving at all. Simply standing in the way with no input is sometimes the best way to get this thing to work I've found. The steal button makes you lunge into that position sometimes, but does not trigger the interaction itself.
Through trial and error, I found this is the best way to play defense. Just get in the way of the cutter without hitting any button.

# 322 chokokoko @ 05/13/09 09:46 AM
I dont know if this will help when defending. I tried everything from on-ball defence to off-ball defence and nothing seemed to work. What I used to do is keep my eye on the attacker in order to react quickly. But my defender would always be all over the place.

Since last week I changed tactics playing mostly on-ball defence. The big difference though is that I don't take my eye of the player I am controlling and not paying much attention to the offencive player I am guarding. This way keeping my eye on the player I am controlling, gives me the time to react when the player goes allover the place. It has worked miracles for me at least.

I play with the bulls association and got Carmelo of a trade. Level allstar. Never play online always association mode. I never used to win at this level now I am winning 4/5 games.

Hope this helps guys!!!

Hope this

# 323 chokokoko @ 05/13/09 09:48 AM
Sorry actually the level is superstar. But I do get wins in Hall of fame also. Normal sliders.

# 324 Stickz24 @ 05/15/09 11:26 AM
I'll help you all out --- the way I see it.
2k9 is like a pretty *** smart *** chick with bad breath (or stink pum pum) - HD is like her getting dressed up -- heels and all.
You kick it with her, ya love looking at her the fact that she's with you. - overall she's cool as ****
But as soon as you start getting detailed and intimate with her -- whhhhhooooooosh ---wheeeeew --- peeeew ..omg !!!!!
**** damn near hurts your feelings. You're frustrated because if she could just clean up a little - just a little. she'd be a dime.

Now if she was straight busted (nba 09 or other generics) or just average (live) and had these same problems -- you'd probably keep it moving and not think twice --- but damn - the bitch got so much potential - its hard to just walk away. And truth be told --- the *****'s good --- if you can get over that strong odor ..You deal with it until it becomes too much -- ya get frustrated -- tell her you're leaving. But after being out there for a while --- ya say **** it and call your baby back -- hoping she's cleaned up or is at least willing to listen to you this time. Maybe she'll get it right after she goes home and spends some time with her parents -- We'll call her 2k10 when she comes back.

-----------------------
Hence all these threads from cats begging her to just take a shower and brush teeth -- other cats saying they love her just the way she is -- or cats putting giving her deodorant and gum and calling it good (sliders).. this analogy is very elastic -- you can get as deep or as loose as you want with it .. no pun intended.

# 325 Pared @ 05/15/09 11:37 AM
Wow.

# 326 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/15/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickz24
2k9 is like a pretty *** smart *** chick with bad breath (or stink pum pum) - HD is like her getting dressed up -- heels and all.
You kick it with her, ya love looking at her the fact that she's with you. - overall she's cool as ****
But as soon as you start getting detailed and intimate with her -- whhhhhooooooosh ---wheeeeew --- peeeew ..omg !!!!!
**** damn near hurts your feelings. You're frustrated because if she could just clean up a little - just a little. she'd be a dime.

Now if she was straight busted (nba 09 or other generics) or just average (live) and had these same problems -- you'd probably keep it moving and not think twice --- but damn - the bitch got so much potential - its hard to just walk away. And truth be told --- the *****'s good --- if you can get over that strong odor ..You deal with it until it becomes too much -- ya get frustrated -- tell her you're leaving. But after being out there for a while --- ya say **** it and call your baby back -- hoping she's cleaned up or is at least willing to listen to you this time. Maybe she'll get it right after she goes home and spends some time with her parents -- We'll call her 2k10 when she comes back.

-----------------------
Hence all these threads from cats begging her to just take a shower and brush teeth -- other cats saying they love her just the way she is -- or cats putting giving her deodorant and gum and calling it good (sliders).. this analogy is very elastic -- you can get as deep or as loose as you want with it .. no pun intended.

The future of America is looking brighter and brighter every day.

# 327 Stickz24 @ 05/15/09 01:28 PM
Person above -- hopefully you're not getting all academic on me - enjoy the analogy for what it is. I think it fits well. At least thats been my experience with 2k.

# 328 DC @ 05/15/09 01:42 PM
It was a very good analogy

# 329 Stumbleweed @ 05/15/09 01:47 PM
Hahaha, I agree that it was a good analogy, and it's also hilarious.

2K = hot girl, stank poon

# 330 ehh @ 05/15/09 01:52 PM
I don't think there's a bigger level of disappointment then first moment you realize that said hot chick has a FOUL issue down there.

# 331 GSW @ 05/15/09 01:55 PM
Quote:

-----------------------
this is the best thing ive ever read.

great analogy and hella funny.

# 332 cam21224 @ 05/16/09 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Ha yeah, even as someone who is well-versed in the shot stick and everything that goes into this game, I still get a ton of STUPID layup animations as well as unwanted jumpers even when I'm running full-speed and am holding turbo. The worst are when they have an easy layup and they do some double-clutch reverse thing (I normally hit left or right on the shot stick to do layups/dunks when coming straight at the hoop) and it gets blocked. Too many damn animations, and there's not a ton of user control regarding which ones trigger when. Everything from just simple walking and dribbling the ball to the isomotion moves to the shot contesting animations -- they seem almost random, and it makes it very hard to know what your player will do at any given time. I'd rather have less animations like (2K7/2K8) that trigger reliably than all these unnecessary ones that you get locked into.
This guy has it right on the money, if 2k10 is anything like this I will rather just go to the rec center everyday and play ball.

Seems no matter what is being tweaked and done by the slider/rosters gurus here at OS the game is still a mess and I cant enjoy it one bit. I have already gone months without playing but the playoffs is making me want to play, and I cant even suffer through the pain of playing this game again this year.

# 333 cam21224 @ 05/16/09 03:39 PM
Quote:

-----------------------
Good one dude. Hell yea 2k9 is Ms. P u for the year.

Hopefully she washes front and back next year instead of just thinking doushin is going to do it all for her.

P.S if she smells like this next year, I will just dismiss her from my life till she gets it together.

# 334 toosmoothforya @ 05/17/09 05:41 PM
No matter how many times i try to like 2K9 I just cant do it. It just mess itself up. Live is almost better b/c it's better than u expected but 2k is worst than you expected.

# 335 Rawdeal28 @ 05/19/09 09:09 AM
Quote:

-----------------------
LMAO @ stink pum-pum
its even more funnier cuz i totally understand u.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.