Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 green94 @ 03/25/09 10:56 AM
All refs on the field with full AI and collision detection.

That should make A LOT of people happy.

# 22 polamalu82 @ 03/25/09 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

Yeah, I was a little worried about them being ghost or statues. Good to hear.

# 23 tyler289 @ 03/25/09 10:58 AM
That picture of Kurt Warner is real good. Looks just like him

# 24 radatdude2 @ 03/25/09 11:01 AM
the approach these guys are taking for this years addition is just great i gotta say peter moore coming over was a great move keep up the good work guys.

# 25 shad_moss93 @ 03/25/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
Looking pretty good. In that screen of Ben with the endzone behind him, is it just me or does the towel look pinned to his waist? I understand having towels in the game are important to people but I'm not sure how I feel about that....Sorry to be a downer.
The towel on ward looks like its not pinned to the model

# 26 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/25/09 11:02 AM
Michael Young great Work!

This is crazy it kinda feels like a dream. To have you guys really hear what we want in a game, and see it being done. WOW can someone pinch me.

I never thought EA would actually go all out and involve a community like they are doing here and really deliver. Allot of us thought some of it would be done, but I'm seeing a ton of stuff being added to Madden 10 its getting scary lol.

I'm going all out to say for sure when they start releasing info on the presentation side of things we will be blown away!!!

Two thumbs up for Michael Young and his efforts with Madden 10 and NCAA 10.

# 27 TheWatcher @ 03/25/09 11:04 AM

Now that's Big Ben

And hopefully the explanation of the DOF/Blur effect puts to rest some folks being unsure about it. People wanted more TV-Styled realism and that's what it's all about. Just look at how much more real it looks with this effect. Great job Michael. Great job.

Now if we can get this in auto-replays and in post-play and some pre-play shots, it'll be a game-winning homerun.

# 28 polamalu82 @ 03/25/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
The towel on ward looks like its not pinned to the model
I was talking about this one here. The other ones do look alright. Maybe it's the angle? This shot it does looked pinned on though.

# 29 Brandwin @ 03/25/09 11:08 AM
Will the chain gang come out and measure?

# 30 thudias @ 03/25/09 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

That was great news to get confirmed.

# 31 glitchditcher @ 03/25/09 11:09 AM
Very nice. That shot of Big Ben looks MUCH better. Great job on that.

Two things:
Will the Patriots also not wear the C patch in the game ? They don't wear them in real life.

Also- will the Pats finally have red gloves ? Plenty of players wear them on our team including Randy Moss and Tedy Bruschi.

# 32 kcarr @ 03/25/09 11:13 AM
I don't know, graphics really aren't my thing but it is cool I guess. I really liked the other little things they showed and it is nice to hear that the towels are animated. Anything to add to the depth is great.

# 33 KingCashus @ 03/25/09 11:21 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if the animated towels could be ripped out and then picked up after the play on the way back to the huddle?

Great blogs btw from EA.

# 34 TheWatcher @ 03/25/09 11:21 AM
Quote from the blog:

Better Nameplates
Since Madden NFL 06, the letters on the back of the jerseys have all been somewhat squished to account for longer names like Houshmanzadeh. This has been fixed with a new dynamic sizing algorithm, so all names now look correct.

I'm very happy about this. The one other VERY important part of this fix though, is also getting the actual names correct. For example, you wanna make sure Champ Bailey's tag says "Bailey" and not "C.Bailey". That kind of thing. What I would do if this hasn't been done already, is take the most recognizable players in the NFL (Top players at their positions and work my down) and make sure those guys have their nameplate names right. Then after the most recognizable players are complete, I'd start working my way down to the grunt players.

If the 3rd string Linebacker for the Bengals has the nameplate name wrong I won't care and probably wouldn't even be paying attention, or may not even know what it's supposed to look like. But if Ray Lewis's is wrong, I'm going to notice that immediately.

So top players first, then trickle down.

# 35 Obelysk @ 03/25/09 11:36 AM
WTF? I still can't see the picks, may be because they are still linked back to the original page that is blocked, sigh.

# 36 drae2 @ 03/25/09 11:36 AM
Things are looking very good. I'd like to know if the crowd noise has been vamped up, and will it affect the game. A nice LOUD chant of DE-FENSE at the proper time would be lovely.

# 37 green94 @ 03/25/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Things are looking very good. I'd like to know if the crowd noise has been vamped up, and will it affect the game. A nice LOUD chant of DE-FENSE at the proper time would be lovely.
I really hope they get into some presentation details - i'd really like to know the answer to your question as well. The crowd needs to play a bigger role in this years game.

# 38 g2thecore @ 03/25/09 11:42 AM
All I'm gonna say is, that is one beautiful looking game. My God! And to hear that the refs are going to have their own A.I. is sweet.

And to those saying that refs used to be in 2k5 and that it's sooo last gen, did they have 7 refs? I think not.....

# 39 polamalu82 @ 03/25/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
All I'm gonna say is, that is one beautiful looking game. My God! And to hear that the refs are going to have their own A.I. is sweet.

And to those saying that refs used to be in 2k5 and that it's sooo last gen, did they have 7 refs? I think not.....
Hopefully down the road they will show a video of the ref's AI. I'm hoping to see a ball thrown at them to see if they duck and dodge.

# 40 canes21 @ 03/25/09 11:58 AM
I hope it is like APF and when you hit them it actually makes your player stumble and the ref just doesn't stumble by himself.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.