Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 wordtobigbird @ 03/25/09 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man, this whole thing with 7 refs and collision detection is scaring me. If they can pull it of thats great, but I'm seeing that actually pulling resources from other spots. I dont want my game crashing or freezing up randomly. I would have taken 1 or 2 refs on the field with the rest of those resources directed to the players on the sideline.
if they put those resources to players on the sideline the resources would still be used.. ye tyou just said youre scared about freezing and crashing.

besides.. the systems can handle much more than a 7 refs. ever heard of grand theft auto?

# 62 Golden28 @ 03/25/09 01:36 PM
This really is an exceptional blog.

To explain to us in such loving technical detail about the camera effects shows me that Michael really respects our opinions and also has a real love and pride of what he is doing with Madden and NCAA.

It is such a relief to have these guys (Phil, Ian, Donny, Michael) on board and treating us like the adults we are instead of David Ortiz and his now immortal classic 'You wouldn't understand' comment.

The time thay are all taking to not only program these new featues but also show us in these weekly updates is a true revelation and come August I hope that all their effort pays off. It is certainly looking very hopeful indeed.

As for the actual information in the blog, I am blown away (as usual) by what I am hearing. The refs in particular I cannot wait to see. The player models shown with the new depth of field effects are just simply stunning and I can only hope that the replay cameras and post play scenes utilise this new tech as is deserving.

Animated towels? Not my thing (Sorry Guilly) but the simple fact that they are there is a mission statement that shows me, yes, these guys really mean business.

Great, great work so far. Cannot wait to see what unveils itself in the coming months, especially this 'new tech' Ian talked of, the OL/DL and franchise.

Colour me very, very impressed.

# 63 djordan @ 03/25/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man, this whole thing with 7 refs and collision detection is scaring me. If they can pull it of thats great, but I'm seeing that actually pulling resources from other spots. I dont want my game crashing or freezing up randomly. I would have taken 1 or 2 refs on the field with the rest of those resources directed to the players on the sideline.
DAMNIT!

First people complain that there are no refs...Now people complain when there are 7 refs with full A.I...wtf lol

# 64 GrnEyedBanditTN @ 03/25/09 01:45 PM
Looks great so far. Hopefully, with all the attention to detail, they include all brands that are worn in the NFL. Nike now makes NFL equipment gloves. Hopefully, they get the shoes right too... can't stand the Reebok only kick they are on! Please add Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas! I have owned every EA football game including Mutant League and will continue to support... lets make it happen!

# 65 xX CASCABEL Xx @ 03/25/09 01:47 PM
I like this part, "Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL"...cameras are no exception.

# 66 Phobia @ 03/25/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

I agree it does look better in this pic. Still a tad to large, but better than the first pic we saw where his fingers didn't even reach the laces.

# 67 Deltron @ 03/25/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

I still think it looks noticeably too big

-

# 68 sportzbro @ 03/25/09 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnEyedBanditTN
Looks great so far. Hopefully, with all the attention to detail, they include all brands that are worn in the NFL. Nike now makes NFL equipment gloves. Hopefully, they get the shoes right too... can't stand the Reebok only kick they are on! Please add Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas! I have owned every EA football game including Mutant League and will continue to support... lets make it happen!
Agreed 100%

Awesome blog and pics btw! Great job EA devs.

# 69 Von Dozier @ 03/25/09 02:16 PM
Refs with AI and collision give me tingly feelings of APF2k8 past. Great to see this.

Also, people complaining about how big the ball is is pretty asinine to me. There are things people are pointing out so small, that they won't even be slightly noticeable when the game is in action, so I'd recommend just saving your typing finger energy.

# 70 c dizzy m baby @ 03/25/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron

-

Roethlisberger's chin strap is not right, it is on his face, where it should be on his helmet.

# 71 sportzbro @ 03/25/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Yeah, the shoe selection definately needs some love. But the NFL has an agreement with Reebok so I don't think we'll see another brand. What I would like to see however is more & accurate variety...just a few options with different styles & colors.
Yea if they have to stick with Reebok they should at least put a few different types/colors in.

# 72 HurricaneJets @ 03/25/09 02:36 PM
Wow this sounds and looks great. I cannot wait for Madden 10

# 73 mjgill85 @ 03/25/09 02:47 PM
Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm pretty sure Green Bay players don't wear the captain badges either.

# 74 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 03/25/09 02:48 PM
Hooray! Im loving this OS interaction.

# 75 c dizzy m baby @ 03/25/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill85
Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm pretty sure Green Bay players don't wear the captain badges either.
this is what I came up with....

http://thewisconsinsportsbar.blogspo...-wear-nfl.html

# 76 c dizzy m baby @ 03/25/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby

# 77 XtremeDunkz @ 03/25/09 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill85

# 78 StevieTheD @ 03/25/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
I think we need that nun to replace the ref at all coin flips.

# 79 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
That's from two years ago, last year they did not wear them at all.

# 80 Golden28 @ 03/25/09 03:03 PM
I just showed my wife the pic of Ben chucking it to Hines.

She said "WOW! Looks like a real game"

She has never ever said that about any game before. Come to think of it she never said anything about any game before!

Now that's what I call high praise indeed!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.