Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 shad_moss93 @ 03/25/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The "ignore user" function is your friend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I've ignored that fool for faaaar too long...It was just a matter of time before I said how I felt. lol...
I think hes talking about the Ignore List

# 102 Apollo @ 03/25/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I guessed and then OMT confirmed to me directly that the blur effects would only be seen in replay, not live game. Although I think they should show up during pre and post-play and wherever else appropriate because it is after all supposed to be simulating a TV broadcast and DOF is always a factor. I posted several real world examples of it from Super Bowl 43 a little while back.

With that said, while we do watch the game with our eyes, it's broadcast to us through a camera lens. They are trying to simulate an NFL broadcast and how it would look on TV (which is exactly what we've been needing) not what it would look like watching it from the stands.

Sounds good! My concern was with game play. It would not be good if you can't locate receivers down field!

# 103 g2thecore @ 03/25/09 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Oooohh....Thanks....I'm going to make use of that immediately....

# 104 c dizzy m baby @ 03/25/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93

# 105 AndyBernard @ 03/25/09 05:28 PM
Andy is flattered by the attention, but by all means, get back to the important details you all were discussing

# 106 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 05:29 PM

# 107 thudias @ 03/25/09 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

That is funnier than the first one.

# 108 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Not to be a stickler, but the game looks way better without depth of field-

http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-f...Comparison.jpg

The first screenshot looks much better, and akin to something one would see if they saw the game live. Why do game companies want to mimic the limitations of cameras? Why can't we just see what we would see live. The game would look much better without this feature imo.
The point is to replicate a tv broadcast which is on a camera. Makes sense doesn't it?

These views are going to be seen in replay and cutscenes along with replay cutscenes.

# 109 SteelerSpartan @ 03/25/09 05:38 PM
Great stuff this week...and finally we get the single digit numbers on the stripes

Of course the real test is still out there....but this is a pretty good start. Hope it all comes together for once.

# 110 K_GUN @ 03/25/09 05:40 PM
the blurring effect will play big with post-play stuff (ala MLB 2k7...batter intro's)...

# 111 Hotlanta @ 03/25/09 05:43 PM
The news about Ref A.I. along with them having avoidance and collision animations has me ecstatic right now.

I wish I could see a gameplay video but knowing things are being tuned still I can wait.

# 112 NYG34 @ 03/25/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Things are looking very good. I'd like to know if the crowd noise has been vamped up, and will it affect the game. A nice LOUD chant of DE-FENSE at the proper time would be lovely.
they must have crowd noise its a huge part of the game thats why in the PLAYOFFS U WANT HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. THE CROWD SHOULD HAVE TOWLS DURING THE PLAOFFS. AND PITTSBURG HAVE TERRIBLE TOWLS MUST NEED MADDEN PRESENTATION

EVERYTHING U SEE ON SUNDAY WILL BE IN GAME.-madden

CROWD NOISE PLEASE

# 113 TheWatcher @ 03/25/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
The point is to replicate a tv broadcast which is on a camera. Makes sense doesn't it?

These views are going to be seen in replay and cutscenes along with replay cutscenes.
I don't believe that's been confirmed, although it would certainly help the look an awful lot.

# 114 c dizzy m baby @ 03/25/09 06:39 PM
I saw that the Steelers have changed it so single digit numbers will be on the helmet's strip, just wanted to point out that the Raiders do not have their helmets like that.

# 115 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
I saw that the Steelers have changed it so single digit numbers will be on the helmet's strip, just wanted to point out that the Raiders do not have their helmets like that.
Not every team does it and im pretty sure they know this. They only pointed out the giants and steelers.

# 116 canes21 @ 03/25/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
That is my concern. Lets hope we get a response.
What are you concerned with? We have already seen what the view looks like when actually playing.

# 117 monkeybutlerz @ 03/25/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
As of last yeat in the nfl they removed any first initials from players with the same name. Goodell said that the numbers are how to differentiate the players so now all players with the same name on their jersey will go unchanged and have the exact same nameplate as the other players on the field with the same last name.
I think that Ray Lewis still wears the R.Lewis on his jersey (even though we don't have any other Lewis'), so does that mean they're only enforcing this in the future?

I'm pretty sure this picture is from last year because it has the white jerseys and black pants, but I'm not 100% sure, I may be wrong on this.

# 118 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I think that Ray Lewis still wears the R.Lewis on his jersey (even though we don't have any other Lewis'), so does that mean they're only enforcing this in the future?

I'm pretty sure this picture is from last year because it has the white jerseys and black pants, but I'm not 100% sure, I may be wrong on this.
Looks like he was the only one in the league because Goodell made it so that there was no need for it anymore. They were running with this "rule" if you will last year but I don't think they "enforce" it with any sort of penalty, it was just to remove cluttered nameplates on jerseys.

# 119 thudias @ 03/25/09 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
You can see sound? Im impressed

# 120 monkeybutlerz @ 03/25/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Great great blog!

New features I notices from the pic that were not mewntioned in this thread yer are...

Eye black- If you look at the 2nd shot of Big Ben, he is wearing eye black.

Chin Straps- The chin straps are animated, if you look at Ben's helmet, he has enough strap sticking out to grab and pull down (unsnapping it). Just my opinion...but I certainly feel as if they animate in some way.

Dynamic lighting- If you look at the pic of Ben, you can see they have added an all new dynamic lighting system of some kind. The way the light functions within the interactive environment is unlike anything I've ever seen in Madden before...and I'm not talking about DOF either.

Jerseys- I swear the jerseys are animated to some kind of a degree, I could have sworn I saw an actual piece of a shoulder pad in the 1st screenshot. Well, based on this one I'm fairly certain that the jerseys will have some kind of ability to move.

I am completely blown away with the level of detail, and the broadsweeping scope & scale at which this design team has approach this years version of the game. Not onlty will we see a Madden that truely represents Next-Gen, we will see a video game that sets the bar for gaming standards well beyond the sporting genre.

We all come to these forums to talk, communicate, and share ideas. We all have hopes for what we think this game can become. We all have a vision, a idealogical concept of what we eventually want Madden NFL to be.

In the past, we all have had to come away with our heads down saying "Maybe next year." In the past, we all have come away with our hopes dashed saying "Maybe, next year will be the year."

Ladies & gentlemen, I am so happy to honestly say...this year is THE year. That game we all haved hoped to get...is finally in the making...and we all have been able to contribute (no matter how great or small) in its inception.

To the Dev. Team-

Thank you, thank you for hearing our voice & acting on the things we have communicated. Thank you for taking this great game back to its roots, and restoring our confidence in you & rewarding our (at times tough) love for this game with the greatest edition in its history.

Thank you for putting up with our complaining, bickering, and ill tempered rants. But more importantly, thank you for being able to take criticism & at times harshly pointed frustrations (no matter if they were valid or not).

Its been fun getting to know you guys (to the extent that we have), and good luck on the completion of what is shaping up to be the defining next-gen title to date. Your hard work is apprecaited.

Sincerely,
Izzy-
I'm a little late, but I think this is a great post. I'm not sure if it'll set the bar well beyond the sports genre, but I'm hoping (and I feel that this hope isn't blind) that this game can perhaps reach the bar set by The Show. There's no doubt in my mind that this game will be a massive improvement from the Maddens of Next-Gen (not necessarily a huge deal - not hating, just saying). That being said, I think it'll be pretty hard for it to be on par with games like Killzone 2, MGS4 or other top titles outside the sports genre (I know I used PS3 games, which is the system I own, I'll let someone with better knowledge of the 360 or Wii discuss their games if they feel the need).

Either way, I do feel that this finally is the year. We probably will be back here with wishlists again next year (we are a pretty picky bunch afterall), but I think that this time we'll be asking for refinement to certain aspects of the game as opposed to demands of the representation of fairly basic concepts of football. I think this is the year where we don't put our game away after two weeks (or trade it in) and that we can enjoy it for months on end.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.