Home
News Post

NEW CONTENT FOR WWE® SMACKDOWN® VS. RAW® 2009 NOW
AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD VIA XBOX LIVE® MARKETPLACE

Leading Fighting Videogame Franchise to Deliver New
Playable Superstars and Ring Gear to Owners of the Xbox 360®
Video Game and Entertainment System from Microsoft

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - March 25, 2009 - THQ Inc. and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. today announced the availability of new content for WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2009, the latest release from the leading fighting videogame franchise. Now available for download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the content allows players to update their WWE gameplay experience with new playable Superstars and ring gear. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 originally launched on November 9, 2008 and is available at retailers worldwide.

The content package for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, available for 320 Microsoft Points, includes playable Superstars Evan Bourne™, Ted DiBiase™ and Charlie Haas™, along with new ring gear for Chris Jericho®. In addition, future content is planned for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

“The addition of downloadable content to the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw franchise is something our fans have requested for many years,” said Cory Ledesma, senior creative manager, THQ. “With items such as playable Superstars and new ring gear, consumers can broaden their gameplay experience and stay in step with WWE’s weekly television programming.”

WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 maladude @ 03/25/09 07:48 PM
wasn't this suppose to come out around xmas?

# 2 jconpoet @ 03/26/09 07:14 AM
I don't know but it already came out for PS3... Evan Bourne is awesome to play as

# 3 xrob @ 03/26/09 09:54 AM
Yeah its about time...I'm still going to enjoy da update even tho I'm not playing it anymore. Is anyone having trouble having dibiase and cody rhodes come out to the priceless theme and movie? Or it is glitched?

# 4 tmac55 @ 03/26/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
Yeah its about time...I'm still going to enjoy da update even tho I'm not playing it anymore. Is anyone having trouble having dibiase and cody rhodes come out to the priceless theme and movie? Or it is glitched?
I was trying to do that myself.. may be an issue there... It might be late but I love the update.. The new jericho is pretty cool as well.

Nice touch to an already solid game.

# 5 Altimus @ 03/26/09 04:26 PM
Wonder why it took this long for the 360? Was it exclusive or something?

# 6 xrob @ 03/26/09 08:08 PM
I like the update and hope they add more wrestlers but i would like to have rhodes and dibiase come out to the priceless theme and movie

# 7 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/31/09 05:44 PM
I heard there is suppose to me more DLC coming, I read after WM. Is this true?

# 8 xrob @ 04/16/09 02:39 PM
have anybody heard any info yet

# 9 ExtremeGamer @ 04/16/09 03:03 PM
The DLC was released today. Vader, Doink, Earthquake, and The Bushwackers.

# 10 babythug23 @ 04/16/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The DLC was released today. Vader, Doink, Earthquake, and The Bushwackers.
can u import them to low?

# 11 ExtremeGamer @ 04/16/09 08:18 PM
Nope, no one knows why.

But if you download the free pack (the one that allows you to play online against the DLC) you do get Vader for free in Smackdown.

# 12 CaptainZombie @ 04/17/09 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Nope, no one knows why.

But if you download the free pack (the one that allows you to play online against the DLC) you do get Vader for free in Smackdown.
This makes no sense that these guys aren't in LOW.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.