Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one features player pursuit angles.

Quote:
"As you can see given the same situation as our previous example the defenders are not thrown off their angle by the direction changes. Long story short… the defenders do not fall for every direction change, but instead will move to intercept the ball carrier at a more logical location. This will really cut down on the effectiveness of “twitch” runs.

Also the new Player Pursuit will recognize a ball carrier pulling away from a slower defender and make them attempt a diving tackle. This creates more tackles and more realistic chase situations… more often than not a player will attempt a dive as a last ditched effort when they know they are falling behind, not just continue to follow the ball carrier.

That isn’t all; this new system has allowed us to have defenders sometimes take a bad angle using the Pursuit Rating (PUR) of the player. Bad pursuit is a part of football, not every player will play the perfect angle every play. So playing against lower rated players (or younger players with lower PUR) you will see them over run a play allowing the ball carrier to cut back against the gain and pick up some more yards."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eritraj @ 03/26/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
I would really love to get the Discipline system back into the game this year and a real probation system...no bowl games, loss of scholarships.
You're kidding right?

# 42 the onizzle @ 03/26/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
I would really love to get the Discipline system back into the game this year and a real probation system...no bowl games, loss of scholarships.
EA Sports "if it's in the game...." oh wait are they still using that slogan?

This (above) coupled with dirty recruiting tactics would be a lot of fun.

# 43 countryboy @ 03/26/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
I'm don't even play NCAA so it doesn't affect me much, but isn't this the same thing that happens every year? What proof do you have of what the game will be like besides these actual videos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklez
I don't give a **** about that stuff. I don't post here often and if you look at my posts I'm only concerned about gameplay.

# 44 kindella2 @ 03/26/09 05:12 PM
Nope i loved it on PS2, plus rule violations and player violations happen in real life so it should be in the game.

What grand addition would you do then?

# 45 bison160 @ 03/26/09 05:18 PM
Man, these vids are honestly quite discouraging. I am very disappointed in the lack of fluidity. Gameplay is still very twitchy, and blocking looks very poor. Its very frustrating that the linebacker in that one video is not able to blend out of the "getting blocked animation into at least trying to make the tackle when the guy runs within an arms length of him. But as soon as the runner goes buy, he instantly turns around and begins pursuit. And those angles for 10 just didnt seem right. I mean..its like it was a race to the pylon...surely they guys could have cut him off before that.

Anyways, I am glad they fixed the twitchy pursuits..that is a baby step forward. Seems like the more info NCAA releases pushes me a little farther into the skeptical camp. Just not the kind of improvements I was hoping for.

# 46 BrianFifaFan @ 03/26/09 05:18 PM
They said in the OL/DL stuff they were still tuning and everything wasn't working right. That said, really liking the pursuit. No more conga line!

# 47 the onizzle @ 03/26/09 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
They said in the OL/DL stuff they were still tuning and everything wasn't working right. That said, really liking the pursuit. No more conga line!
nice analogy. reading your sig - i just picked up CHOOPS 2k8 again and the level of immersion is sick for a video game.

# 48 countryboy @ 03/26/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
agreed.

I just view the vids for what they are showing. I have no idea how polished anything else is in the vids, so I don't get too excited or bummed over anything else in any given vids other than whats being shown off.

And BriFi...I see a roadtrip in the near future.

# 49 TrevJo @ 03/26/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Cool.
Forwarded this article to a guy in my Online Dynasty and he made a good point:

"All these things will be moot if they don't tone down the speed in the game, once again- let's hit the realistic button. 4.16?? Once a generation- MAYBE. There are probably 100's of recruits that run sub 4.40, which is absurd."

# 50 knucklez @ 03/26/09 05:35 PM
All I'm saying is that I think it's silly to base your judgements of the game so far on screenshots and what devs. say in blogs. The best way to judge is actually seeing the game in action, and from what I've seen so far it doesn't look all that much improved. Don't tell me that they've improved so and so (OL/DL, WR/DB...) until you've actually seen it in action. The pursuit angles are great, but I'll reserve my judgments on other issues until I actually see videos of them.

# 51 deadlyCane @ 03/26/09 05:41 PM
I hate raining on parades especially since this is a fix I wanted. Dont' know if this has been brought up: in the 2010 video the RB is still cutting on a dime at full speed like in 2009. If real life players were to cut like that they would easily blow out ACLs and ankles. That 2010 player model has amazing agility. Please EA, tell me you only did that to emphasize the point of the video.

# 52 BrianFifaFan @ 03/26/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
agreed.

I just view the vids for what they are showing. I have no idea how polished anything else is in the vids, so I don't get too excited or bummed over anything else in any given vids other than whats being shown off.

And BriFi...I see a roadtrip in the near future.
I see TWO trips coming up! BriFi, I like that! I can't wait until they lift the NDA and let the Comm Leaders spill what feedback the team took to act on. That probably won't be till May?... I'm gonna have to ask Will about that. Well, at least I'll have this and FNR4 to keep me until Madden. But I'm dying to find out what the Fifa boys have up their sleeve. That's my gaming holiday!

P.S. I'm gonna have to pay Steve another 20 bucks! I'm really liking that screen name. Thanks a lot!

# 53 stoncold32 @ 03/26/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
LMAO at everyone loving the vids then studying the hell out of them til they hate em and then saying they havent changed anything. it still 3 months before they even have to send it to the store...calm down.
hahah..so true. "Hey that looks cool....no wait, let me see what I can find wrong."

# 54 knucklez @ 03/26/09 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
hahah..so true. "Hey that looks cool....no wait, let me see what I can find wrong."
So you're happy that the OL/DL looks the same and that players are still stopping and turning on a dime? You're easily satisfied.

# 55 J-Unit40 @ 03/26/09 05:56 PM
Quote:
Co-sign. I'm pumped! This sucker is moving in the right direction.

# 56 deadlyCane @ 03/26/09 05:56 PM
I swear if instead of flushing you just packaged your crap in a video game package and charge $60 for it some people would be just as happy. No complaints.

C'mon people, this is your hard earned money you're spending here.

# 57 stoncold32 @ 03/26/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I swear if instead of flushing you just packaged your crap in a video game package and charge $60 for it some people would be just as happy. No complaints.

C'mon people, this is your hard earned money you're spending here.
I dont see your problem. I'm a number one complainer about NCAA 2009, but they are fixing the stuff we want fixed....so what do YOU want?

# 58 eritraj @ 03/26/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
EA Sports "if it's in the game...." oh wait are they still using that slogan?

This (above) coupled with dirty recruiting tactics would be a lot of fun.
This featured sucked ***...I had my best players with A+ discipline getting suspended for the biggest games of the season... It made 0 sense how they chose who got in trouble, for what reasons and how severe the punishment should be.

And for the other poster...

The feature I would add is co-op online dynasty...It would be awesome to be able to play on the same team as your friends. So if someone is busy for a week you can have your other "dynasty mate" or teammate recruit, play, advance stuff like that. It would also be sweet to be able to choose which friend(s) called the plays for offense and defense.

# 59 ngoulding @ 03/26/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
I dont see your problem... they are fixing the stuff we want fixed....so what do YOU want?
Exactly right. The video is a WIP. It has one goal only and that is to show that the pursuit angles have been improved. And it achieves that. Nothing more nothing less.

# 60 knucklez @ 03/26/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
I dont see your problem. I'm a number one complainer about NCAA 2009, but they are fixing the stuff we want fixed....so what do YOU want?
Falling into the same trap. I'm not saying they won't fix the gameplay issues, but until you actually see it in action you have no idea. There has been plenty of times, including previous NCAA and Madden games , where the developers said one thing and delivered another...or nothing at all. Don't believe the hype.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.