Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This one talks about creating "next-gen" quarterback play.

Quote:
"Two days ago we added a new blog detailing the addition of a lot of new sliders and options to Madden NFL 10. This was met with a seemingly luke-warm reaction by some, as most were expecting a much more juicy feature or more in-depth gameplay information. So after talking with our marketing partners, we were able to all agree that we could release one feature that we are really excited about to try and appease those that may have been upset with the customization blog post.

What is the new feature?
Madden NFL 06 debuted one of the most controversial features in the history of the Franchise – QB Vision (aka the Vision Cone). The concept of this feature was simple: in video-game terms, replicate the vision of a real life QB and force/encourage the gamer to go through real-life progressions that a QB would do. You could use the cone to “look off” safeties, or follow different receivers as they ran their routes and made cut moves. If you threw to a receiver that wasn’t in your field of vision, you would expect a much more inaccurate pass. Better QB’s had much wider vision cones, emulating the concept that they have a better inherent knowledge of where all their WR’s are at all times."

* April Fool's (plus some real info)

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 shad_moss93 @ 04/01/09 11:08 AM
I don't know if anyone pointed this out but under the pic it say, "(Very early) concept mock of QB Vision 3.0"

# 42 JohnDoe8865 @ 04/01/09 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Ok so next year on april fools, when you guys know its a joke, try to play along so we can watch all the people that don't realize it and laugh.
No, I hate this day. SO STUPID. Next year I'll just avoid the joke threads. Only reason I posted is that some ppl seemed to be legitimately flipping out and there is no need for them to get in a bad mood about a joke.

Peace out.

# 43 mdgoalie37 @ 04/01/09 11:10 AM
IF this is real........

I always liked the old vision cone from Madden 06 and I like the concept now - I'm not a fan of the rainbow of fruit flavors on the field. I think the ratings should take this type of information into account, but it shouldn't be displayed in-game. Maybe you should see it in practice mode so you can see where your QBs strengths are. I do think you should have to turn your QBs head in some way in order to see a side of the field.

# 44 zippity @ 04/01/09 11:11 AM
Hello people, it is a April fools joke!!!!

# 45 kevster2 @ 04/01/09 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
April Fools

EXACTLY!!!! GOOD ONE IAN

# 46 TheWatcher @ 04/01/09 11:19 AM
LOL!!!

WTH!!!???

April Fools, lol. Nice one, Ian

# 47 polamalu82 @ 04/01/09 11:26 AM
Madden 10 sponsored in part by....

HEAR THE RAINBOW. TASTE THE RAINBOW. THROW THE RAINBOW.

# 48 deltroy @ 04/01/09 11:28 AM
Sad part is they got me and got me good and I saw it coming lol!!

# 49 CreatineKasey @ 04/01/09 11:37 AM
Of course this is TOTALLY a joke! LOL are you guys kidding me?! Jagged lines for the "scary" spots to throw to?! I thought it was pretty hilarious. The color scheme? LOL. Nobody should be falling for htis one. We have a nice reminder with our pink screen names of what day it is

# 50 nsilvano21 @ 04/01/09 11:37 AM
i hope this was a joke becuz it really did look ugly. looks like doppler radar. lol

# 51 Pnutt6 @ 04/01/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
i hope this was a joke becuz it really did look ugly. looks like doppler radar. lol
Thats a good idea, so they don't have to scrap the whole system. They can just use it for the weather report.

# 52 djordan @ 04/01/09 11:41 AM
LMAO!!!..YEAHHH IGHT!

# 53 polamalu82 @ 04/01/09 11:43 AM
I just thought of something. What if this is a real concept. Dropping this on April fools day would be the perfect time to do it. See this way EA gets people to think it really is a joke that way they can then properly gauge everyone's initial reaction. Just a theory.

# 54 Rebel10 @ 04/01/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
April 1st.

# 55 nsilvano21 @ 04/01/09 11:47 AM

updated qb vision early model lol

# 56 green94 @ 04/01/09 11:47 AM
lmao - when you blow the picture up like someone did in another thread, it looks absolutely hilarious.

# 57 sportzbro @ 04/01/09 11:58 AM
Ha got me at first, but then realized the date...

Nice one madden team.

The Doppler pics are pretty funny too

# 58 thudias @ 04/01/09 12:04 PM
I was had...I can't believe they did this on the official site...risky very risky.

How the hell did they get approval for that?

# 59 Got The Goods @ 04/01/09 12:09 PM
lol..

# 60 Golden28 @ 04/01/09 12:11 PM
ROFL. This is hilarious.

But Ian, shame on you for getting us excited about a new blog and then denying it all when we called you out on it yesterday

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.