Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This one talks about creating "next-gen" quarterback play.

Quote:
"Two days ago we added a new blog detailing the addition of a lot of new sliders and options to Madden NFL 10. This was met with a seemingly luke-warm reaction by some, as most were expecting a much more juicy feature or more in-depth gameplay information. So after talking with our marketing partners, we were able to all agree that we could release one feature that we are really excited about to try and appease those that may have been upset with the customization blog post.

What is the new feature?
Madden NFL 06 debuted one of the most controversial features in the history of the Franchise – QB Vision (aka the Vision Cone). The concept of this feature was simple: in video-game terms, replicate the vision of a real life QB and force/encourage the gamer to go through real-life progressions that a QB would do. You could use the cone to “look off” safeties, or follow different receivers as they ran their routes and made cut moves. If you threw to a receiver that wasn’t in your field of vision, you would expect a much more inaccurate pass. Better QB’s had much wider vision cones, emulating the concept that they have a better inherent knowledge of where all their WR’s are at all times."

* April Fool's (plus some real info)

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 rightallthetime @ 04/01/09 12:56 PM
this blog is not that offical madden web site
http://maddennfl.easports.com/home.action

# 82 Phobia @ 04/01/09 12:58 PM
I hope everyone realizes this is a April fools joke. I mean come on do you honestly think they would go and clutter the screen up that much after all the bad feed back they got about weapon icons and such.

It is just a joke.

# 83 Cusefan @ 04/01/09 01:03 PM
I hope this is a joke cuz if its not, I think we will have hurt Ians feelings

# 84 Joborule @ 04/01/09 01:05 PM
HAHA Ian. Your such an asshat. Well played.

# 85 noplace @ 04/01/09 01:15 PM
This is horrible. Who got excited behing this? Wow? This better be a joke

# 86 c dizzy m baby @ 04/01/09 01:17 PM
I feel bad killing the joke, but Ian always puts new blogs on his twitter, and here is an entry from 13 hours ago.

"You think it will be controversial? I don't think it will be that bad..."

# 87 Cusefan @ 04/01/09 01:27 PM
I don't care. If it sucks ill turn it off. Big meh

# 88 thudias @ 04/01/09 01:40 PM

# 89 l NErd l @ 04/01/09 01:42 PM
I am 100% excited for this.
This is going to truly seperate the "SIM" players.
A real challenge for once.........

THANK YOU EA for bringing it back New & Improved.

I just hope this is added online??? "Ranked".

*EDIT* Now that I think about it, the colors do seem a bit distracting....
We will see come Aug 14th.....still excited though!!!

# 90 Golden28 @ 04/01/09 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l NErd l
I am 100% excited for this.
This is going to truly seperate the "SIM" players.
A real challenge for once.........

THANK YOU EA for bringing it back New & Improved.

I just hope this is added online??? "Ranked".

*EDIT* Now that I think about it, the colors do seem a bit distracting....
We will see come Aug 14th.....still excited though!!!
Is this an April Fool too?

Please tell me you're joking right?

# 91 nxt @ 04/01/09 01:48 PM
YES YES YES!!! The only thing wrong is the colors on the field that represent the vision cone are lame. I think they should use more pastels.

# 92 blackngoldfan @ 04/01/09 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the ugliest thing i've ever seen!!!! I've read some of the posts and the majority seem to think this looks good?!?! WTF... REALLY??
Man, you must feel like Roy Williams biting on a playaction pass.

# 93 l NErd l @ 04/01/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Is this an April Fool too?

Please tell me you're joking right?
LOL, I guess I'm a fool. A gullible one at that.

# 94 l NErd l @ 04/01/09 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Man, you must feel like Roy Williams biting on a playaction pass.
Or the "Intelligent" Charlie Rodgers......

# 95 splff3000 @ 04/01/09 02:20 PM
April Fools!!!! lol

# 96 canes21 @ 04/01/09 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Not fan of any type of vision cone. Never seen a vision cone when I played on the field and don't want to see one when I am playing a sim video came. This is like assisted living or handicapp parking.

I sure hope this can be turned off!!!
It simulates the QBs eyes. Its realistic.

# 97 splff3000 @ 04/01/09 02:31 PM
Guys, you can't really think this is true. IT'S APRIL 1ST!!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! IT'S APRIL 1ST!!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! On top of all that Ian didn't post the link here like he normally does. You don't have to be a detective to figure this one out. Good job, Ian. You got 13 pages full of suckers. lol All I have to say is, well played sir. Well played.

# 98 callmetaternuts @ 04/01/09 02:32 PM
If it is a joke, they've gone through pretty good lengths to promote it. Its on Ian, Phil and Will's twitter. They've either done a phenomenal job selling a joke or will be sorely disappointed with the feedback they are receiving.

# 99 kehlis @ 04/01/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Guys, you can't really think this is true. IT'S APRIL 1ST!!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! IT'S APRIL 1ST!!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! On top of all that Ian didn't post the link here like he normally does. You don't have to be a detective to figure this one out. Good job, Ian. You got 13 pages full of suckers. lol All I have to say is, well played sir. Well played.
im assuming you didn't read any posts in this thread then?

# 100 Bubstarr @ 04/01/09 02:42 PM
A little mathematics gentleman. Can anyone solve this problem. Cone Vision + In Living Color Cone Vision =Fluff. Fluff X Fluff=Garbage. The correct answer is I won't buy garbage. The screen shot has to be an April fools joke.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.