Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers player lock and defensive assist.

Quote:
"Is it Thursday already? It has been a very busy last couple months here at Tiburon; all of us on the NCAA Football 10 team have been working extremely hard put the finishing touches on this year’s game. Every day brings us closer to putting NCAA Football 10 into everyone’s hands and we couldn’t be more excited.

Last week we released two game play improvements for NCAA Football 10. The first one showed off the Pass Blocking Pocket; and the second was about the new Player Pursuit Angles. Today we are going to reveal another two features brand new to the game: Player Lock and Defensive Assist.

While playing defense in Dynasty or Play Now are you the type of person who likes to just take the DE and try and make a play? What about only choosing the FS? Or have you wanted to be the WR on a big third down because you think you can run his route better?

How would you like to be able to do this?"

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 youALREADYknow @ 04/02/09 06:49 PM
Player Lock, you're my hero!

Defensive Assist.... not so much, would really be pissed if I accidentally hit that button.

# 2 J-Unit40 @ 04/02/09 06:51 PM
Sweet! The pics look really good too. I like the "procedural awareness" and/or head-tracking displayed.

The game keeps getting better with each week.

Defensive Assist may help those who don't know exactly what they're doing. Pretty cool.

Thanks for posting Russ!

# 3 Lava @ 04/02/09 06:53 PM
Meh, I can't see myself ever using either of these features. =\

# 4 tyler289 @ 04/02/09 06:54 PM
Player lock sounds really cool. I'll definitely be using that feature a lot on defense. Defensive assist sounds like it could be helpful as well. Good stuff.

# 5 adembroski @ 04/02/09 06:56 PM
Defensive assist work in Campus Legend?

# 6 the onizzle @ 04/02/09 06:57 PM
Two things-

Are you able to turn off defensive assist? If the offense is high flying like '09 this will be a nice addition, but I can see guys using defensive assist all the time and it allowing a 70 OVR defensive back the positioning and awareness of an All-American. If it always puts them in the right spot, then that makes it too easy IMO. You guys have actually played with it though so that's why I'm asking.

Also, what is up with the Miami player's arms in this shot? Is he double jointed or something?? Yikes

# 7 munson11 @ 04/02/09 07:05 PM
I wonder if this will work with online User vs. User games ex. Online Dynasty.

# 8 shaunlmason @ 04/02/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Two things-

Are you able to turn off defensive assist? If the offense is high flying like '09 this will be a nice addition, but I can see guys using defensive assist all the time and it allowing a 70 OVR defensive back the positioning and awareness of an All-American. If it always puts them in the right spot, then that makes it too easy IMO. You guys have actually played with it though so that's why I'm asking.

Also, what is up with the Miami player's arms in this shot? Is he double jointed or something?? Yikes

Hopefully when you use Defensive Assist, it takes the players attributes into account.

# 9 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 04/02/09 07:07 PM
We still need to figure out Campus Legend, right now we are leaning toward yes.

Since Defensive Assist does not work better than simply "clicking off" a defender, we don't see a reason to turn it off. It would actually hurt you to hold it down the whole play since your player would not go for a big hit or pick.

The elbow pad is making his arm look odd... but it looked so neat I figured what the heck.

# 10 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 04/02/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Hopefully when you use Defensive Assist, it takes the players attributes into account.
It does

# 11 shel311 @ 04/02/09 07:13 PM
For the hardcore online gameplay guys, not much to see here.

I shall eagerly wait til next week for more news

# 12 adembroski @ 04/02/09 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
We still need to figure out Campus Legend, right now we are leaning toward yes.
It'd be nice simply because it'd be possible to play some effective corner:P

# 13 deadlyCane @ 04/02/09 07:21 PM
Damn, I got excited when I saw the title say "Player Lock." For some reason I thought it was the defensive matchup thing like what Madden '10 will have where you can assign a defensive player to lock onto an offensive player. I believe it's called defensive matchup. I really want that feature but heard it won't be in NCAA. I was hoping you guys changed your mind and were going to put it in.

Anyway, not a fan of this player lock thing. If I get the game I likely won't use it and if I do It'll probably just be a novelty that wears off quickly. The defensive assist I might use but it'll depend on how well it is implemented. We'll see...Still painfully undecided about this game at this point... time is running out.

# 14 travis a.d. @ 04/02/09 07:22 PM
florida vs. alabama in the sugar bowl?

# 15 Spin @ 04/02/09 07:23 PM
this was on my wishlist, WOW!!!! this may just be a must buy for me now.

# 16 Tengo Juego @ 04/02/09 07:27 PM
I like it. I usually control just one position on D. And focusing on that player with a better angle sounds/looks great. Also loving the new RB and QB stances.

# 17 BrianFifaFan @ 04/02/09 07:27 PM
Liking the defensive assist. Ripped that one straight outta Fifa, huh?

P.S. I'm always a DE, so you had me in mind with Player Lock. Loving both features....

# 18 Tengo Juego @ 04/02/09 07:30 PM
I just read this:
Quote:
all you have to do is press the A button and the player under you control will move to his assignment on the field.
How about just an arrow(Like NHL 09 Be a Pro) that points you to where you need to be. I dont like the of the game 'assisting' the user in that manner.

# 19 Spin @ 04/02/09 07:43 PM
can we use player lock online?

# 20 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 04/02/09 07:43 PM
This is great news. I always play as the mlb so this was a must for me. I like what you guys have been doing and I can't wait till next week for dynasty news.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.