Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

EA has just posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 blog. This one covers precision putting, video included.

Quote:
"A couple weeks back we released information revealing some of the new features that will be found in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10. One of the features we unveiled was the new Precision Putting mechanic. We’re really excited about this new way to putt in our game, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to expand upon the putter’s functionality a bit more.

One thing to note before I continue… The Precision Putter represents an addition to the other existing putting mechanics in the game. The Classic Putting system of selecting individual putter lengths will still be available to players who prefer that style of putting. 3-Click will also still be available to those who prefer that mechanic. You’ll be able to set your putting preference using the Game Options menu.

Now let’s dive into the functionality of the Precision Putter…

When you set up to take your putts in the game using the Precision Putter you’ll notice one main visual difference. We’ve added a new on-screen Precision Putting Meter that will help you to dial in your power and read your putt’s accuracy."

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 04/04/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
they actually listened and allowed you to turn off the meter for tour mode and hopefully this is incorporated online where you can play tourneys with no meters allowed.
I hope we do indeed have user created tournaments (as hinted by Jason Thompson's mention of "Tournament Challenge" during a broadcast of "EA Live") where we will hopefully have the option to turn the putting meter off. They're going to have to have a stick motion that's sensually tied to the putting animation closely enough to make this work. If Indie Games did it with Links 2004's meterless putting interface, I see no reason why Tiburon can't do it in Tiger Woods 2010.

# 2 orthostud23 @ 04/05/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I hope we do indeed have user created tournaments (as hinted by Jason Thompson's mention of "Tournament Challenge" during a broadcast of "EA Live") where we will hopefully have the option to turn the putting meter off. They're going to have to have a stick motion that's sensually tied to the putting animation closely enough to make this work. If Indie Games did it with Links 2004's meterless putting interface, I see no reason why Tiburon can't do it in Tiger Woods 2010.
EXACTLY!!! I would also like to see if when you set up a room can you set it so that the meter is off for EVERYBODY!!

If your playing in "tour" mode then the meter should be defaulted to OFF, a la Links "advanced" mode.

# 3 rolltide1017 @ 04/05/09 10:28 PM
This part from the blog worries me about the new meter:

Quote:
The speed that the putter head graphic travels at along the meter and the thickness of the Power Recommendation Bar are both tuned so that they become more challenging as you increased the game’s difficulty level. So, the putter head will travel faster and the recommendation bar will get thinner as you make the game’s difficulty settings harder and harder.
If the putter graphic on the meter speeds up and slows down based on the difficulty setting then, it sounds like the graphic will not be tied to the animation of your golfer. 2 problems I see with this: 1) If it is not tied to the golfer animation then it is still nothing like what we had in Links and 2) it will make turning the meter off unrealistic. IMO, the putter graphic on the meter should always be linked to your golfers animation. It should only speed up or slow down if you speed up or slow down your swing. Not some artificial speed based on the game difficulty setting. I hope this isn't the case because if it is, EA totally missed the point with this type of meter.

It be nice if they'd also offer a version of the meter without the"power recommendation bar." Links had that as well.

# 4 DivotMaker @ 04/06/09 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
This part from the blog worries me about the new meter:

If the putter graphic on the meter speeds up and slows down based on the difficulty setting then, it sounds like the graphic will not be tied to the animation of your golfer.
That is not what I am reading from that blog and when I played the game back in February, the graphic was tied to the animation. Otherwise the graphic is completely useless.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.