Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

The second official patch for the PS3 version of Major League Baseball 2K9 is now available. Download it and post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mva5580 @ 04/01/09 11:52 PM
Sounds pretty good, nice list of fixes.

Just anxiously awaiting the PC release so I can start a franchise.

# 42 tj1182 @ 04/02/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
What am I not happy about?

- No saving camera angles? Bummer.
- No tweaking players' batting and pitching stances? Drats.
This is what I was hoping for.

I guess this would be it for the patching process? No more after this? This seems to tackle most of the problems.

# 43 arod77 @ 04/02/09 12:23 AM
what about editing player ratings/appearances (all the greyed out attributes)?

# 44 JohnDoe8865 @ 04/02/09 12:29 AM
Man, I hope 360 gets it soon. MLB 2K9 has been shelved for a while waiting for the patch, so the sooner the better. I'd like to start my franchise.

# 45 gdavis2570 @ 04/02/09 01:09 AM
can you get the patch if you dont have access to internet

# 46 bwiggy33 @ 04/02/09 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
This is what I was hoping for.

I guess this would be it for the patching process? No more after this? This seems to tackle most of the problems.
I'm kind of hoping its not the end. I hope the game is really good after this second patch and we can all get our franchises and what not started, but I hope 2k also gets out another patch addressing anything else that may come up. I'm sure the core gameplay and all of that stuff is fixed. I am just a big believer in once a patch is put out that fixes the major flaws, why not put out one last patch where time can be taken to correct any other existing issues. This will clean up the game and just make it that much better for us gamers.

If I'm not mistaken there have been about 3 patches per sports game. Now I'm not totally sure on that but NHL 09 did and I believe NCAA, and madden did as well. Those are the only three games I can base that off of and also EA makes those three games not 2k.

# 47 Kramer5150 @ 04/02/09 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis2570
can you get the patch if you dont have access to internet
Unfortunately,I don't think you can.
I'm currently on dial-up,as my only option was satellite internet,and the prices coupled with the f.a.p (fair access policy) were ridiculous cost wise.

But getting back to your original question,do you have a friend or family member with internet? is so,all thats needed is a silver account for patches.
Also,IF you do have access (albeit with dialup) you can still get on live to get patches and such....you just obviously won't be able to play anybody.

# 48 bcruise @ 04/02/09 01:29 AM
I hope it's not too much to ask, but is there any way we could get a screenshot of the IE walk rating fixed?

Was hoping for at least a mention of the PC patch in the notes, but oh well....(i know they said before that it is coming out, at least)

# 49 Tomba @ 04/02/09 01:40 AM
They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...

I am beside myself that this hasn't been done already? It was mentioned and asked to be done by a millon OTHER posters on their forum and nothing happened to it being addressed?

2K Ron (Mr. UK lol)even glossed over the issue as it not being "mentioned" to him LOL...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

# 50 therockstar2005 @ 04/02/09 01:47 AM
Odds are they probably just couldn't put in an edit for players stances and such if it wasn't there to begin with. Seems like it'd be a huge overhaul rather than just tweaking some numbers for the AI aggressiveness, etc.

# 51 therockstar2005 @ 04/02/09 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
The game plays so much better. Got rid of most of the gameplay stuff that was irking me. I will try to get a picture the IE ratings with my cell phone. not promising anything. lol

Ok, i got Manny's on here. Its his IE walk rating.
Well, that's good, but I think the IE walk rating people are talking about is in the middle of gameplay, where when as the pitcher you scroll through the IE pages until you get to one that has various attributes with letter grades attached (A, B, etc.)

# 52 jeffy777 @ 04/02/09 01:53 AM
So is the AI Batter Aggression officially fixed now? I've heard a couple people say the AI pitching is better now, but it was the AI batting that really needed patched.

# 53 bcruise @ 04/02/09 02:01 AM
Quote:
Playing the Pirates right now and Name MCloud is a C. Will update this post on the next batter.

Freddy Sanchez has an F. lol
i am going to play a different team. dunno why i picked pitt. Ok ok, becuase they suck. Will update with a new team. Going to play Boston.
Thanks man. That's all I wanted to know, because every player was rated a D- pre-patch.

# 54 ramenite @ 04/02/09 02:12 AM
Quote:
THey did something else to it. Its not only the inside edge thing. While some players are different, Jacoby Elllsbury just took 2 strikes and his rating was a D- still.
Well..taking two strikes isn't going to help the cause of getting a walk. heh

# 55 rock85 @ 04/02/09 04:32 AM
Quote:
oh yeah, no shhhhh. lol I got backwards.

Pitching seems to be tougher as well. If you mess up a little on the timing, he will throw a bad bad pitch.
Well thats good to hear. I can't wait for the 360 patch

# 56 Guffers @ 04/02/09 05:18 AM
I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?

# 57 pokerlife @ 04/02/09 06:12 AM
Sounds like they didnt fix the outfielder glitch to me. I hope that is no tthe case.. Its like they have a mind of there own and you cant even control them

# 58 MaricopaMetFan @ 04/02/09 07:18 AM
Does this patch address the Franchise Freeze issues?

# 59 BigBlue @ 04/02/09 08:08 AM
I'm confused about the First Baseman foot glitch. I keep reading about how the foot was 'pulled off the bag' on throws. I always thought that it was where the First Baseman had his foot SET on the bag (or rather off it) on throws to first. There were instances where the First Baseman's foot was set ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BAG so that his entire shin was resting on the bag.

Has this been fixed as well? Does the first baseman now always set his foot against the inside of the bag to take his throws?

How about DP's? I've seen the 2B/SS miss the bag entirely at the start of a DP.

Also, can you break up a DP with a hard slide into 2nd? Has collision detection been added/improved? How about the few vids I've seen where HRs were hit by guys on pitches so far off the plate that the ball never actually touched the bat?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very pleased with 2K's patch attempts. It's just that this game had so much wrong with it, I wish that they took a bit more time to get more right out of the box.

I'm a 360 player and am anxiously waiting for our patch to release. Until then, I am reading this thread and hoping for positive answers to my questions.

Thanks!

BigBlue

# 60 Simp @ 04/02/09 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
They might've done all this but the most major omission IS the editing of players stances and pitching etc...

I am beside myself that this hasn't been done already? It was mentioned and asked to be done by a millon OTHER posters on their forum and nothing happened to it being addressed?

2K Ron (Mr. UK lol)even glossed over the issue as it not being "mentioned" to him LOL...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't understand why everybody cares so much about editing stances and deliveries. I mean why would you want to spend hours tinkering with that stuff when you could be playing the game? A lot of people seem to want it though, so it's obviously only my opinion.

Just because a million people complain about it though, does not mean that it's reasonable to expect it to get done. Patches of this sort are meant to tweak tendencies and make the game play better, as well as squash bugs. They are not meant to add new features wholesale to the game.

I hope for everyone's sake that the user can edit stances and deliveries in 2k10... then we all won't have to hear about it anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.