Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 341 DrUrsus @ 04/23/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyankee1
I feel very warm and fuzzy inside now.

I need a beer to repress that. LOL
LOL, but I bet you're inspired now to drink that beer!

That was "Chicken Soup For the MLB 09 The Show Patch-waiters Soul"

# 342 DrUrsus @ 04/23/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
The reason they don't stick their heads in here this year. ^^^^, lol, but nice try.

Have you seen the movie "Vultures Attack"?
Yea, I know, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Many of us like you and myself would try to be mature and accept whether they did fix something or not (I just want to know then I would move on and play my franchise. Maybe I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd accept it.),

but of course as you know, many here would be like Vultures attacking. It's usually the guys with less than 100 posts popping "out of the woodwork", lol. I guess you take the good with the bad here at Operation Sports

# 343 lendog691 @ 04/23/09 09:36 PM
I will predict that within 4 weeks of today we will have the patch. Best case 3 weeks and worst case June 1st, but that time in between! I'm hopeing they fixed the lineup glitch and the schedule glitch 2nd and then some of the frame rate issiues and then lastly any uniform errors but that is not a must, just a bonus if they do.

# 344 malachijohn666 @ 04/23/09 10:27 PM
Hey Guys, this thread has grown and grown since I was last here. It was at page 18 then and now it is 43. Anyways I just hope I don't have to restart my franchise cause that would tick me off something fierce. If they think I am gonna wait until mid May to play a franchise then I just don't what I will do.

I am playing the Braves and am well under way into Spring Training.

the one thing that i hope they fix is the almost ridiculous comeback issue. I am so tired of playing my hardest only to see pitches that I aim down and away go up and in.... which just happens to be where the hitter loves it and consequently smacks it out of the park.

I am not complaining unreasonably, but I just paid $600 for the system and game. It is the only game I play and probably will be for a long time.

Other than the comeback issue, the others I can live with (even the Wrigley Field at night!). I seriously love this game, and every game I play is a nail biter!! I am only on Rookie as well.

# 345 snakesden @ 04/23/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The patch is in the QA process right now, I'll give an update when I have one.
I hope this isn't the same QA that let the game go thru with all these bugs.

# 346 Iron @ 04/23/09 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesden
I hope this isn't the same QA that let the game go thru with all these bugs.
This was uncalled for. You can't expect a game as complex as a baseball game to be bug free. This is already a strong game out of the box. You should actually be glad that SCEA is addressing many issues. The fact that they listen to this community and interact with us is very positive.

# 347 dirtball @ 04/24/09 12:31 AM
i know the patch is not out , but i just recently lost my internet and am having to use a wireless card for my computer internet. i know where to get system updates but, is there somewhere to download the patch on a flash drive and transfer it to my computer? sorry if you have heard this before but never been with out internet.

# 348 texans @ 04/24/09 12:59 AM
If there is 1 thing I hope the patch addresses, I hope it fixes the issue with coach hiring/firing in the offseason. I'm tired of have to having to carry my -3 power, -3 plate discipline batting coach, he just won't go away no matter how many times I fire him. Please fix this and I'll be one happy camper.

It would be nice to get updated unis but for the sake of franchise, please fix the coaches bug.

# 349 scooteristkai @ 04/24/09 03:34 AM
^^ Or they should implement something like sending your coaches to something like skill enhancement sessions which could cost money in return of learning how to teach better.

# 350 brucebooker @ 04/24/09 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristkai
^^ Or they should implement something like sending your coaches to something like skill enhancement sessions which could cost money in return of learning how to teach better.
While this is a cool a idea, the whole game is marketed on realism and I have never heard of major league coaches taking classes on "How To Coach a MLB Team". The coaches should just gain attribute points on how well the team did in a certain area during the previous season (in franchise) and gain bigger boosts if team wins a division, pennant, or World Series( in franchise) (if this already isn't in the game).

# 351 manny2k8 @ 04/24/09 01:52 PM
Quote:
The patch is in the QA process right now, I'll give an update when I have one.
How long after it enters the QA process can you release some tidbits of what's in the actual patch? I'm sure they know what they fixed now correct?

# 352 Knight165 @ 04/24/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2k8
How long after it enters the QA process can you release some tidbits of what's in the actual patch? I'm sure they know what they fixed now correct?
Actually, isn't that what the process is for?
If they announce that they addressed something now.....they find another problem with it in Q&A.....and have to remove it.....can you imagine the #%E$storm and extreme need for WAAAAAMbulances and emergency rooms then?

M.K.
Knight165

# 353 clownbaby @ 04/24/09 03:41 PM
Is QA an introductory stage of the process or does that not really address anything? Just out of curiosity, and not because I'm getting impatient, but moreso curious as to how long (give or take TWO WEEKS) this will take. If it's over 5 or so weeks away I would like to know so I can start my franchise.

It just seems like evry day is a potential release date which causes a little bit more restlessness than necessry in here.

# 354 CubFan23 @ 04/24/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Good stuff, Russell!

I'm hoping for:

-Farm Director and other staff issues resolved

-Schedule fixed

-DL Issue fixed

-CPU Roster Control fixed

-Stats glitch fixed

If all those are fixed I'll have ZERO to be concerned with (really, if even a couple of those are fixed, I'm good...lol...but I'm hoping they got to as much as possible)

Again, thanks guys. Some of us never doubted you'd come through as always.
What is the schedule bug?

# 355 green94 @ 04/24/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
What is the schedule bug?
If you are a Cubs fan, and haven't noticed yet, then don't ask

# 356 CubFan23 @ 04/25/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
If you are a Cubs fan, and haven't noticed yet, then don't ask
I haven't even played one frachise game yet, Just playing RTTS. Just got a PS3 and the game a week ago

# 357 rudyjuly2 @ 04/25/09 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I haven't even played one frachise game yet, Just playing RTTS. Just got a PS3 and the game a week ago
Almost all of your Cub games are scheduled to be played at night except Sundays I think. Both baseball games screwed this up as it appears they were given bad schedules by MLB and they didn't double check them. Hopefully afternoon baseball will return to the Cubs with the patch!

Many teams were affected but the Cubs were the worst.

# 358 snakesden @ 04/27/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team
Well my game got an update today and I can honestly say that nothing has changed in RTTS same base running issue same fielding issue. Thanks for the update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.