Home
PES 2010 News Post

IGN has posted some Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 details.

Quote:
"PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a truly challenging experience that will constantly test the player. Intuitive zonal defending will cover spaces and players need to look constantly for new ways to attack. PES 2010 focuses on being a real football simulation, as it requires both strategic play and quick reactions, as in real life. In addition to key out-field elements, goalkeepers are more versatile and with abilities matching those of modern shot-stoppers. The game's referees have also been reworked, with smarter AI elements allowing them to make more balanced calls during matches."

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 poster @ 04/08/09 09:13 AM
I like what I am hearing. They now have the license for the UEFA Cup as well.

# 2 Brophog @ 04/08/09 08:53 PM
Sounds like they are marrying some of the advancements of the Wii version into the standard build, and that's some exciting stuff indeed.

# 3 jvalverde88 @ 04/08/09 10:23 PM
Hopefully they implement the UEFA Europa League and CL in the Master League and BAL. I like some of things they are adding.

# 4 LingeringRegime @ 04/08/09 10:31 PM
Day one purchase....Again!

# 5 poster @ 04/08/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Hopefully they implement the UEFA Europa League and CL in the Master League and BAL. I like some of things they are adding.
Yes, this is absolutely key. Maybe last year they didn't have the time or whatnot. This year no BS, get it in!

# 6 gilbostank @ 04/08/09 11:58 PM
I think really after reading this the only thing I'd like is more licensing. I like the game pretty much as is and I'll take any improvement.

# 7 RoyceDa59 @ 04/09/09 12:07 AM
I'm in more of a wait and see first of all. But I like what I am hearing too. I already enjoy this game a lot but I would like to see more licensed teams too. With the Europa League being added would this mean more teams being added too? A Turkey, Portuguese, Greece, or German league would be nice.

# 8 jvalverde88 @ 04/09/09 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'm in more of a wait and see first of all. But I like what I am hearing too. I already enjoy this game a lot but I would like to see more licensed teams too. With the Europa League being added would this mean more teams being added too? A Turkey, Portuguese, Greece, or German league would be nice.
Same here, after the B.S with the patch I no longer have faith in Konami. They also really need to get back the licence for the Bundesliga. And I'm definitely getting the Euro version because of the patches and option files.

# 9 Matt10 @ 04/10/09 03:34 AM
Hm, I'm a bit hesitant this year. 09 was okay, some bugs that were never addressed (backline, every slide tackle foul a yellow card - even if the ball was hit first).

I think KONAMI needs to find its PES roots. I have been playing more PES6 than 09 these past couple of days - and I think they need to find a way to reinvent PES6 with a graphical upgrade. The gameplay is simply incredible.

The PES08-09 player models need to change because this whole 'ice-skating' feeling is starting to get on my nerves.

# 10 Qb @ 04/10/09 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hm, I'm a bit hesitant this year. 09 was okay, some bugs that were never addressed (backline, every slide tackle foul a yellow card - even if the ball was hit first)... The PES08-09 player models need to change because this whole 'ice-skating' feeling is starting to get on my nerves.
I'm with you, Matt. While I've gotten some enjoyment out of the game and can see some of the old magic, overall, the game was a disappointment for me. I could never get into the single player and while BAL is fun at times, it can be extremely frustrating due to questionable teammate AI (to be fair, I don't think any game has made a breakthrough in this area).

I'm not sure if your "ice-skating feeling" comment is referring to the 8-directional movement system, but that is right at the top of my list of things that need to be changed/improved for me to get excited about the next edition...

# 11 RoyceDa59 @ 04/10/09 03:39 PM
I agree Qb and Matt. They really need to go back to its roots. If I still had PES 6 (or 5) I would still be playing that like crazy but I'll wait and see with this game again. Konami and the crew have to make a serious stride this year, and hears hoping they don't remove any thing.

# 12 MPawlikowski1 @ 04/13/09 06:44 PM
Finally put something cool like fifa.
Add some better and realistic movements not like robots and golkeepers must dive like a real golie not like a robot too.
goalkeeper gloves should be marked adidas nike puma and other stuff .
lincensed leagues and international teams kits.
and maybe something like fifa clubs it is awesome thing to play

# 13 kerosene31 @ 05/11/09 10:50 AM
Quote:
AI: "The Tokyo team has worked to improve the AI of the game, with Teamvision 2.0 implemented. Midfielders and defenders now work together to cover open space and close down attacks, meaning that cover can be provided for lower-ranked defenders. This also has the additional effect of removing soft goals, thus returning PES 2010 to its simulation roots. In terms of attacking, players can also now move several players (at) once, sending them into different areas, opening up more goal-scoring possibilities than ever before. As such, PES 2010 necessitates a new level of control from the player. Strategic thinking is as important as quick passing, but the new system greatly opens the way the player oversees control of the team. In free kick scenarios, for instance, players can now instigate the runs of the players awaiting the ball in the penalty area."
This sounds awesome! I'm glad one developer is still focusing on AI and not just pushing everything online.

For me:

gameplay > licensing, as long as we can still edit everything (and we could in 2009).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.