Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the online dynasty video from NCAA Football 10.

You can also check it out at the official site, along with a few other things.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 11:37 AM
Revising rankings and having a recruit move up is fine. That doesn't seem to be the case the way RK put it. Inserting some artificial BS to add more recruits in the off-season is dumb. Have revised rankings and have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing. That is close to natural.

EA...ahead of the curve??? Wow!

# 82 youALREADYknow @ 04/10/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yeah. I said toned down. There are never 7-10 QBs in a season who throw 20 INTs like EA typically has. What kind of college football are you watching on Saturdays? You need to check out some "real world" statistics. There have only been 3 QBs in the last 4 years who have thrown 20 or more INTs in a season.

I do agree about the TD/INT ratio though. EA always has every QB and their grandma throwing about 25+ TDs which is just silly. It's just off.

As for the actual gameplay, they obviously need to be toned down (again). It's gotten to the point that I feel guilty if I intercept the CPU QB. Then again, that is typically one of their few incompletions.
There are only 3 QB's who have thrown 20+ INT because they get benched, LOL! Since QB's don't get benched mid-season in this video game, you have to compare to the total INT's for the school.

11 teams last year had 20+ INT. 35 had 15+ INT.

Most of these schools had 2-3 QB's sharing stats due to poor performance, but in this game there will be one starting QB barring injury. That mediocre QB will end up with 20-25 TD and 15 INT in a worst case scenario in a NCAA 09 simmed season.

# 83 youALREADYknow @ 04/10/09 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing.
Read above. That was all that was needed. Some prospects already do this by staying at a "10 schools remaining" status for the whole season until the offseason.

Truth be told, we shouldn't be willing to accept anything less than National Signing Day and players soft committing during the season and changing commitments in the offseason based on swaying/pitching.

That fixes all of these minor problems and mimics real life.

# 84 KG @ 04/10/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
Again my friend that does happen. Like I said, guys that are totally off the radar that have incredible senior seasons and are elevated from lower rated recruits to higher rated recruits. I understand your point as they would still have had some contact, but I understand what they are trying to do. Not 100% totally realistic, but not 100% totally unrealistic either.

I think they are just trying to inject some true WORTH into the post season reruiting period.
You can be off LSU or Florida's radar by being say a 2* prospect but that doesn't mean your off FAU's or Troy's for example. You could possibly jump up to a 4* prospect with an excellent SR season and some physical maturity but you would still not totally be off the radar.

Quote:
Revising rankings and having a recruit move up is fine. That doesn't seem to be the case the way RK put it. Inserting some artificial BS to add more recruits in the off-season is dumb. Have revised rankings and have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing. That is close to natural.
This pretty much sums it up. It has been done in other games and if you're gonna hold some recruits til the end just for the sake of holding them then at least have some kind of "improvement/regression" for recruits. Recruiting isn't an exact science and I don't expect EA to fully implement a real-life representation, but this just doesn't seem logical to me.

# 85 KG @ 04/10/09 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Read above. That was all that was needed. Some prospects already do this by staying at a "10 schools remaining" status for the whole season until the offseason.

Truth be told, we shouldn't be willing to accept anything less than National Signing Day and players soft committing during the season and changing commitments in the offseason based on swaying/pitching.

That fixes all of these minor problems and mimics real life.
Now that would be something to see. A little press conference with some player putting on a schools hat.

# 86 jbdeuce @ 04/10/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Now that would be something to see. A little press conference with some player putting on a schools hat.
At least for the top 5 players right...lol

# 87 KG @ 04/10/09 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
At least for the top 5 players right...lol
Yeah, I don't need to see the 200th ranked Guard put on a Tulane hat

# 88 raidersbball20 @ 04/10/09 12:06 PM
it looks like recruiting is going to be great this year

# 89 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 12:10 PM
^^^ Really?

# 90 Macc24JR @ 04/10/09 12:30 PM
Personally, I'm easy to impress I think. I think NCAA 09 is still fun, I mean yea there's things I wish it had and changes I wish they would've made but I still play it, have fun playing it and spend a little more time than I probably should playing it. I think the menus look slick as fuck and I defenitely like that the player pictures aren't wearing a helmet. (Is it just me or does anyone else think the Revolution helmets look GAY AS FUCK!? And don't want to recruit anyone wearing one even if they're a 5* and your schools their #1? No? Ok)

I guess I kinda see it half full instead of half empty, I'd be lying to say I'm not going to do whatever it takes to get this game the first day it comes out.

Custom Conferences is cool, holding back players is cool when you look at it from the aspect that guys like Terrel Pryor who was the nations leading recruit took SO long to make his decision well after NSD (I think? Chill out!). I don't think they're trying to go 'realistic' I think they're just trying to make it easier for you to get better recruits for your team, leaving some guys untouched for the user.

I'm pumped.

# 91 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 12:53 PM
Why would anyone want realistic???

Nice one. You are exactly what EA wants. One who is easy to impress. You said it all.

# 92 TrevJo @ 04/10/09 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Are there going to be more offensive linemen and fullbacks in the recruiting pool?
God, I hope so.

# 93 TrevJo @ 04/10/09 01:05 PM
Quote:
I love the braggadocio about how the biggest two complaints from last year were fixed. Well, they were very big complaints but that's not all that needs fixing. They should have been patched or something.
I don't think it's appropriate to ridicule it as braggadocio. I didn't see it that way at all, I think they just felt the issues were serious enough that it was important to note that they were fixed. I certainly expected these bugs to be fixed, but I can tell you that I would not buy the game if they weren't, so I'm glad it was mentioned. I agree though that they should have fixed these with patches in 09.

# 94 TrevJo @ 04/10/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
You can be off LSU or Florida's radar by being say a 2* prospect but that doesn't mean your off FAU's or Troy's for example. You could possibly jump up to a 4* prospect with an excellent SR season and some physical maturity but you would still not totally be off the radar.

This pretty much sums it up. It has been done in other games and if you're gonna hold some recruits til the end just for the sake of holding them then at least have some kind of "improvement/regression" for recruits. Recruiting isn't an exact science and I don't expect EA to fully implement a real-life representation, but this just doesn't seem logical to me.
I think it would have made more sense if they made it so that some recruits go from say a C- rating to a C+ rating in the offseason. Instead of just appearing out of thin air.

# 95 TrevJo @ 04/10/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Nah. Like the old Heisman presentation, I would watch it once and then skip it every time after that.

# 96 RU_Goo @ 04/10/09 01:32 PM
U gotta be kiddin me with FSU. I guess I should expect the same easports team to playing favorites again. These new features are gonna make it damn near impossible to compete unless your a top program.

I'm not buying this crap again. We need a change at EA. These guys running the show have been trash since the 360 versions came out.

# 97 KG @ 04/10/09 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Nah. Like the old Heisman presentation, I would watch it once and then skip it every time after that.
I don't know. I was thinking about this scenario:

Your in the off-season part of online dynasty mode where all of the users in ur OD are online recruiting. After the 1st week you have the highest recruit go through that cut scene where all the users can see what school he selects. In one of my OD's last year, we had a lot of guys that we all went head-to-head on. That would make the dynasty really interesting IMO.

# 98 jdrhammer @ 04/10/09 01:43 PM
Quote:

Your in the off-season part of online dynasty mode where all of the users in ur OD are online recruiting. After the 1st week you have the highest recruit go through that cut scene where all the users can see what school he selects. In one of my OD's last year, we had a lot of guys that we all went head-to-head on. That would make the dynasty really interesting IMO.
Some type of signing day presentation would be nice. In our SEC OD I have a 5* HB in my home state that had me at #1, thank goodness, & I think he has 8 or 9 SEC offers. I'm hoping I close him before the off-season but it would be cool if there was a scene with him choosing before any of us actually know. I guess this would have to be right after advance as you said. It would add so much. I don't know that it would have to be a ceremony, just if it showed the player's profile and his options, then the screen/background popped up the team of his choice and said I'm going to Ole Miss or whatever school. It would be cool if it did that for user recruits, especially the higher rated ones and the ones where there was intense competition over.

# 99 Dame @ 04/10/09 01:49 PM
Quote:

I can see myself getting real mad because You, Fist, or Blax stealing my recruits. LOL

# 100 KG @ 04/10/09 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I can see myself getting real mad because You, Fist, or Blax stealing my recruits. LOL
HAHAHA...I was trying to think of a name of a kid that we all went after but I was drawing a blank.

I know Blax & I were going after Petey Francis from TX but I won out.

Then he droped the game winning TD vs you that one year, LOL.

Yeah, I'm still salty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.