Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the online dynasty video from NCAA Football 10.

You can also check it out at the official site, along with a few other things.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 youALREADYknow @ 04/13/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
"Prestige" shouldn't be just about recent history...
Winner.

This game keeps track of all-time record, national championships, and conference championships.

That's a great place to start when figuring out a team's prestige.

Utah can win the next two national championships in undefeated seasons and put together a 40 game win streak, but they still won't be more prestigious than Ohio State or USC in the real world.

Tennessee just put together a horrendous season in which they lost to Wyoming and lost their coach for the last two decades, yet they landed the #1 prospect in the nation who didn't commit until the offseason. That's called prestige. One season rarely matters.

It's obvious the devs designed this game for the short-sighted, instant gratification, "me-me-me" generation who refuses to believe that it takes hard work to achieve greatness. I'm sure the backlash and feedback over the last year will change some of that for NCAA 10.

# 122 sdid22 @ 04/13/09 06:55 PM
[quote=youALREADYknow;2039421403]

Tennessee just put together a horrendous season in which they lost to Wyoming and lost their coach for the last two decades, yet they landed the #1 prospect in the nation who didn't commit until the offseason. That's called prestige. One season rarely matters.

Bryce Brown didn't go to Tennessee because of their prestige. He liked what Lane and Eddie O had to say and they promised to feature him next year. They brought in good players through their charisma and telling the recruits that THINGS WERE GOING TO CHANGE AT TENNESSEE. Their prestige is that they are usually 2nd or 3rd best in their conference. Tennessee has big boosters and that certainly helps. But when the woman's bball team is the most prestigous thing on that campus . . .

That's why coaching style should matter a lot more in recruiting. He hasn't won anything yet he can come right in and recruit.

# 123 Solidice @ 04/13/09 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Recruits:
Not really a question, but I feel it's important. We've spent the last week or so really trying to fine tune the recruits that come into your Dynasty's... in NCAA 09 you would get too many "good" recruits. The goal is to only have a handful of recruits come into the nation with an OVR rating above 80 at each position. While there are some guys that can step up and play as true freshmen, there should not be as many as we've had in years past.

We are spending hours upon hours SIMing through seasons and logging the attributes of players both when they are created, and as they progress through the seasons. The goal is to create a situation where you need players to progress to juniors and seniors as opposed to simply "reloading" every year with freshmen.

You know... I really should just put together a blog on all the tuning/fixes for NCAA Football 10 Dynasty modes; the video really doesn't provide the details (just an overview).

-Russ
that sounds good.

what about the quantity of recruit per position? in '09 there were far too many WRs/CBs/HBs etc... and far too few O-Linemen. eventually the CPU controlled team would be filled with walk-ons and playing WRs at the O-line positions.

# 124 I Peench @ 04/13/09 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Recruits:
Not really a question, but I feel it's important. We've spent the last week or so really trying to fine tune the recruits that come into your Dynasty's... in NCAA 09 you would get too many "good" recruits. The goal is to only have a handful of recruits come into the nation with an OVR rating above 80 at each position. While there are some guys that can step up and play as true freshmen, there should not be as many as we've had in years past.
Thanks, Russ. Can we please have some control over player development? If players are going to come in worse, than we really need progression refined. And please can we see more weight added to those stupid 215 pound DEs or 250 lb DTs?

# 125 jdrhammer @ 04/13/09 07:06 PM
Quote:
Thanks, Russ. Can we please have some control over player development? If players are going to come in worse, than we really need progression refined. And please can we see more weight added to those stupid 215 pound DEs or 250 lb DTs?
235 lbs OT's, 190 lbs DE's, 6'0" DE's etc.

Also, could we get more CPU teams to recruit by a roster of 70 as opposed to 85? That would make sense. This way they would recruit smarter and go by needs first.

Definitely need more FB's in the database. I've neve seen a 5* FB on 09 and the most 4* FB's in one season was two. We mainly need more 3* FB's.

# 126 I Peench @ 04/13/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
235 lbs OT's, 190 lbs DE's, 6'0" DE's etc.

Also, could we get more CPU teams to recruit by a roster of 70 as opposed to 85? That would make sense. This way they would recruit smarter and go by needs first.

Definitely need more FB's in the database. I've neve seen a 5* FB on 09 and the most 4* FB's in one season was two. We mainly need more 3* FB's.
In my dynasty suggestion thread I wrote extensively about this. We need more quality TEs, FBs, and SSs.

# 127 jdrhammer @ 04/13/09 07:22 PM
Also, weight/size should translate to skill/ratings. There is always a 6'6" 190 lbs who ran like a 5.03 and incredibly high bench. His speed is in the 60's and strength is on up there in the 80's. How many 190 lbs guys are like this?

# 128 WolverinesFinest @ 04/13/09 07:53 PM
About the whole 6'0 215 lb defensive lineman issue we see in NCAA 09, there are high rated players in real life that fit that criteria (go to the rivals.com top 100 list for 2010 and there are 2 in the top 20!) but it would be better if the frequent occurance of them would be toned down. Also, if they are that small they must have speed, nothing i hate more than seeing a 5* 6'0 215lb d-end with c+ speed

Im happy to see Russ' post tho due to the fact 90% of what I play is dynasty.

# 129 I Peench @ 04/13/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
About the whole 6'0 215 lb defensive lineman issue we see in NCAA 09, there are high rated players in real life that fit that criteria (go to the rivals.com top 100 list for 2010 and there are 2 in the top 20!) but it would be better if the frequent occurance of them would be toned down. Also, if they are that small they must have speed, nothing i hate more than seeing a 5* 6'0 215lb d-end with c+ speed

Im happy to see Russ' post tho due to the fact 90% of what I play is dynasty.
Not saying they don't exist, just that there are too many. Also these 215 lb guys leave campus 240+.

# 130 WolverinesFinest @ 04/13/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Not saying they don't exist, just that there are too many. Also these 215 lb guys leave campus 240+.
player progression!!!

# 131 sportzbro @ 04/13/09 11:07 PM
i watched this vid again earlier today, and did anyone notice that Florida State is an A+ OVR??

EDIT: nevermind, they must still be using the 09 rosters, because Georgia was ranked #1..my bad

# 132 SHO @ 04/13/09 11:12 PM
I'd rather see that than seeing 6-7, 260 DEs with C- STR, while 6-0, 250 DTs are getting A-s.

Bigger players should typically be stronger.

# 133 jdrhammer @ 04/14/09 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
I'd rather see that than seeing 6-7, 260 DEs with C- STR, while 6-0, 250 DTs are getting A-s.

Bigger players should typically be stronger.
True. Also, the 290 lbs DE's are weak too.

# 134 billyboy316 @ 04/15/09 02:27 AM
Just watched the video and now I am pumped. A few things I noticed that I really like.

60 years of Dynasty- Wow not really sure if I will make it but that will be my goal.

Recruits don't sign early- Always hated not being able to make promises to recruits because they signed during the season.

Better phone calls- Finally I am able to see how much that phone call actually influenced the recruit. No more relying on just a football face.

Recruit against schools- This one is one of my favorites. Finally I have more power in trying to convince a recruit to come to my school instead of another.

Better layout- Everything just looks and seems better and cleaned up.

This year's two football game will hopefully live up to their hype. I can't wait.

# 135 acts238shaun @ 04/18/09 11:05 AM
Russ, I saw on the vid where the sim stats were tweaked. Does this mean a balanced Qb with average to less than average speed will not run 100-200 times for 800-1000 yards a year? The best example from 09 was J. P. Wilson of Bama. He was a guarantee for the 800 to 1000 yards unless you edited his stats to make him a pocket passer. If this was asked/answered on the thread, I apologize. I didn't want to comb through several pages to find it. Thanks!

# 136 jdrhammer @ 04/18/09 11:12 AM
Having QB's and other players for that matter, playing to their strengths and their system is long past due. Playing against the same strategy each time you play the cpu is getting ridiculous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.