Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 blog. This one features the importance of an early community day.

Quote:
"On April 10, we flew in 8 of the most hardcore Madden fans for a marathon testing day to get an extremely early look at our Alpha build and provide feedback based on where the game is thus far. You may ask, “What is new about this? Haven’t you had community events in the past?” Yes, we have done these before, but there are some key differences."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 countryboy @ 04/13/09 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Usually about 3 pages after people chime in claiming Madden 10 to be the greatest game ever based off a new screenshot. They're one and the same homey
and I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to turn it around as well. Didn't take long..

# 22 sportzbro @ 04/13/09 06:16 PM
after reading the blog I am so pleased that people from the OS community were able to fully dive into this game (everything from equipment upgrades to gameplay) I really believe that the core group of OS members truly realize what it takes for this game to be great... this is how it has to be done to create a solid product.

Awesome work on the gloves and hand warmers btw.

If only NCAA could get on board with these things..

# 23 TDogg09 @ 04/13/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN

It is POSSIBLE
nice

# 24 countryboy @ 04/13/09 06:17 PM
Out of curiousity...will these same 8 people be invited back at a later date to see a more polished build of the game based on their feedback?

# 25 JB0B0 @ 04/13/09 06:18 PM
Ian can we get a confirmation that hes wearing a flak jacket? it sure looks like one, but just want a confirmation.

# 26 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 04/13/09 06:19 PM
wow...wow...wow..now we just need eyeblack, mouth pieces, socks, and shoes. Then the accessories problem will be officially solved. but once again..wow..neon gloves??

# 27 DearbornDolfan @ 04/13/09 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm waiting for the tourney community to backlash on that one. But they need to know it is not as bad as they will imagine it.
With respect to the tourney players here, screw 'em. And I'm speaking as somebody who abuses the sneak to great effect to counter the 34 Double QB Spy Superman Linebacker Interception cheese my playing buddies (ab)use.

The tourney people need to learn to play football like the rest of the world. Stop relying on cheese and start relying on wit to win games. If a player doesn't have the wit to win a chess match like football, then that player needs to have the humility to accept the whooping s/he will inevitably be handed.

# 28 Lava @ 04/13/09 06:19 PM
Good blog, nice screenshot.

I look forward to more new info though.

# 29 thmst30 @ 04/13/09 06:19 PM
Great recap blog! I thought this part was pretty funny.
Quote:
At the beginning of the day, we had each attendee give a brief intro about themselves as we went around the room, and as they talked I brought up one of their most critical posts that they’d ever made of EA. When it got around to TheWatcher, he even brought out a version of NFL 2k5 and said “if you can’t beat this, I’m going to be playing this at the end of the night” which got a nice laugh from everyone, including us. He never did play 2k5, but unfortunately our dev kits don’t play retail games anyway so I can’t say for sure whether he was converted.

# 30 sportzbro @ 04/13/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
wow...wow...wow..now we just need eyeblack, mouth pieces, socks, and shoes. Then the accessories problem will be officially solved. but once again..wow..neon gloves??
..helmets?

# 31 Glorious Arc @ 04/13/09 06:21 PM
Nice stuff

# 32 NFLHITMAN @ 04/13/09 06:23 PM
Ian and Michael young good work on the Seahawks!

I love the hand warmers and stuff but I have a question about them....

Hasselbeck will not use Handwarmers unless the weather dictates it. He is also wearing a Glove on his left hand in bad weather.

Few things I want to know if you could fix....

• Will the weather be a factor on the players accessories?
  • The chin strap as another fan pointed out is wrong.
  • The Hand Warmer Hasselbeck is using does not have a Seahawks logo on it.
  • The color of his wrist band is wrong.
Thanks for the the work! Michael Young you got your work cut out for you LOL. How many players play in the NFL? You have to disect each and everyone to make everyone happy on there uniforms

# 33 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 04/13/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
..helmets?
what about em?

# 34 tyler289 @ 04/13/09 06:23 PM
Sounds like an early community day is huge. Glad that it has such an impact.

New picture looks cool.

# 35 SageInfinite @ 04/13/09 06:25 PM
I don't care if EA gets the accessories right, as long as we can make things as accurate as possible.

# 36 CapnKill @ 04/13/09 06:25 PM
Good blog, very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm waiting for the tourney community to backlash on that one. But they need to know it is not as bad as they will imagine it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
With respect to the tourney players here, screw 'em. And I'm speaking as somebody who abuses the sneak to great effect to counter the 34 Double QB Spy Superman Linebacker Interception cheese my playing buddies (ab)use.

The tourney people need to learn to play football like the rest of the world. Stop relying on cheese and start relying on wit to win games. If a player doesn't have the wit to win a chess match like football, then that player needs to have the humility to accept the whooping s/he will inevitably be handed.
You know I think tourney players get a bad rap. You guys have to remember these guys play for $$$ and they'll obviously do whatever they can to win and how can you blame them? It's not Tourney players that should get a bad rap, its the people that make the game that allow the glitches used by tourney players that should get a bad rap.

If you make a game with no glitches, or exploits, then no one can use them. Tourney guys know alot more about football than some of you think, and I seriously doubt they will all of a sudden suck at the game if glitches / exploits are removed.

Ok, well, I've always wanted to throw that out there so this was my shot and now back to the regular scheduled program

# 37 adub88 @ 04/13/09 06:28 PM
All across the US, the hand warmer guys are going nuts lol. Seriously though, Ian you guys are getting me too hype, I'm trying to contain myself here. I can't wait for draft weekend. EA, let's get it!!!!

# 38 daplayawitdafunk @ 04/13/09 06:28 PM
Ian, Thank you for the accessories. It is great that these things will be in the game. In years passed Madden is known for putting things in but no giving the user full domain over its use. Please allow all accessories to be 100% editable in every form or fashion. No restrictions please. Give us the whole pie this time, not just a piece.

# 39 DearbornDolfan @ 04/13/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
..helmets?
Agreed. I'm actually fascinated by helmets and would like to see all the pro level helmets from Schutt (ION 4D, AiR XP, DNA Pro+), Riddell (Revo, Revo Speed), and Adams (A-4, Grid-Elite, Pro-Elite).

# 40 Freshness10 @ 04/13/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Good blog, very informative.

You know I think tourney players get a bad rap. You guys have to remember these guys play for $$$ and they'll obviously do whatever they can to win and how can you blame them? It's not Tourney players that should get a bad rap, its the people that make the game that allow the glitches used by tourney players that should get a bad rap.

If you make a game with no glitches, or exploits, then no one can use them. Tourney guys know alot more about football than some of you think, and I seriously doubt they will all of a sudden suck at the game if glitches / exploits are removed.

Ok, well, I've always wanted to throw that out there so this was my shot and now back to the regular scheduled program
Aren't you the same guy that was pleading for adaptive a.i. to be out of online because you are a cheeser?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.